Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Brittany Royal, 25 Year Old Female, Big Island, Hawaii - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Missing, NOT forgotten > Found Murdered

Found Murdered Cases where the missing have been found murdered and a suspect(s) is identified, in custody or being tried.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Amazed
Default Brittany Royal, 25 Year Old Female, Big Island, Hawaii

The parents of a young California woman murdered in Hawaii and the sister of her missing boyfriend -- now a key suspect in her death -- have called the mystery "surreal" and expressed concern that he was also murdered.

Family members of Brittany Royal, 25, and her boyfriend, 22-year old Boaz Johnson, have broken their silence after the body of Royal was discovered May 28, strangled and dumped in the ocean near Hawaii's Big Island. The couple had been living at a campsite in a remote town in the area, and Royal had told her parents that she was pregnant.

"They were excited about them being pregnant and kind of starting this new adventure and new life," Brittany Royal's mother Julie Royal told ABC News.

A real estate agent told ABC affiliate KITV the two were about to close the deal on 10 acres of land in the lava fields in Kalapana.

Police say they suspect Johnson in Brittany Royal's brutal murder, but he has seemingly vanished. Investigators say a seven-month search has put them no closer to finding their only suspect.

But Johnson's family fears he is dead.

"We're definitely concerned that he was also murdered alongside Brittany. It's very possible her body showed up and his didn't," Boaz Johnson's sister Sarah Johnson said. "It just seems all too easy to blame someone who isn't even here, may not even be alive to defend himself."

An affidavit filed with a Hawaii district court states Johnson may have used a false name to stay at a nearby hostel two weeks after Royal's murder.

The manager of the hostel told police she recognized the image of Boaz Johnson, but "this male party used the name of Jeffrey Allen," and that he abandoned the room suddenly, leaving behind several bags of personal items.

In another twist in the case, several months ago anonymous notes were sent to local media outlets and posted around town, stating that the two were murdered by angry locals because Johnson was planning to buy land in the area to launch a lava tourism business.

Family of Woman Murdered in Hawaii Call Mystery 'Surreal' - ABC News
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2013, 02:29 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Sunshine

I saw this article yesterday.

Interesting case. Is there any background on it.....anything published before this, I wonder?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2013, 03:54 PM
JQ Registered User
A not so very ordinary girl

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
:: Bashful

Real Estate in Hawaii is crazy expensive. I can only imagine how much 10 acres would be. Given their young age, what did they do for a living? I wonder if LE has looked into their finances.

So weird.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-17-2013, 04:49 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
The parents of a young California woman murdered in Hawaii and the sister of her missing boyfriend -- now a key suspect in her death -- have called the mystery "surreal" and expressed concern that he was also murdered.

Family members of Brittany Royal, 25, and her boyfriend, 22-year old Boaz Johnson, have broken their silence after the body of Royal was discovered May 28, strangled and dumped in the ocean near Hawaii's Big Island. The couple had been living at a campsite in a remote town in the area, and Royal had told her parents that she was pregnant.

"They were excited about them being pregnant and kind of starting this new adventure and new life," Brittany Royal's mother Julie Royal told ABC News.

A real estate agent told ABC affiliate KITV the two were about to close the deal on 10 acres of land in the lava fields in Kalapana.

Police say they suspect Johnson in Brittany Royal's brutal murder, but he has seemingly vanished. Investigators say a seven-month search has put them no closer to finding their only suspect.

But Johnson's family fears he is dead.

"We're definitely concerned that he was also murdered alongside Brittany. It's very possible her body showed up and his didn't," Boaz Johnson's sister Sarah Johnson said. "It just seems all too easy to blame someone who isn't even here, may not even be alive to defend himself."

An affidavit filed with a Hawaii district court states Johnson may have used a false name to stay at a nearby hostel two weeks after Royal's murder.

The manager of the hostel told police she recognized the image of Boaz Johnson, but "this male party used the name of Jeffrey Allen," and that he abandoned the room suddenly, leaving behind several bags of personal items.

In another twist in the case, several months ago anonymous notes were sent to local media outlets and posted around town, stating that the two were murdered by angry locals because Johnson was planning to buy land in the area to launch a lava tourism business.

Family of Woman Murdered in Hawaii Call Mystery 'Surreal' - ABC News

If Boaz Johnson possibly aka "Jeffrey Allen" left behind personal items in the hotel room, there should be fingerprints or DNA found on the items.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2014, 08:44 AM
JQ Registered User
Hope is a good thing, maybe
the best of things, and no
good thing ever dies

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
:: Inspired

Decomposing Body Discovered in Lava Field

Hawaii police are investigating a body found near where a Tustin woman was found last year in an unsolve homicide case.

By Jason Kandel and Gadi Schwartz
Monday, Jan 6, 2014 | Updated 1:35 AM PST

A body found on the Big Island of Hawaii may be that of the former boyfriend who was named by police as a suspect in the strangling of a pregnant Southern California woman.

A hiker found the decomposing body on Thursday and reported it to police, said NBC4's affiliate Hawaii News Now. Residents said the body was hanging from a tree near a lava field off a highway.

It was found near where 25-year old Brittany Jane Royal, of Tustin, and her ex-boyrfriend Boaz Johnson, 22, (pictured) were camping in May.

SNIP

Johnson went missing the day the couple were going to buy 10 acres of land where they were camping. He was named as a suspect in the slaying.

Johnson, of Petersburg, Alaska, had last spoken to his family at noon on May 27, the Hawaii Police Department said in a statement. Police found his ID and a phone, but had no sign of him.

Decomposing Body Discovered in Lava Field | NBC Southern California
Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Boyfriend confessed to killing pregnant girlfriend in Hawaii in 3-page note found with his decomposing body

Boaz Johnson, 22, allegedly confessed to killing his girlfriend, Brittany Royal, 25 — who was 10 weeks pregnant — during a fight. Police, who had been searching for Johnson since Royal’s body was found last May, said the note was written before he hanged himself.

By Joe Kemp / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 7:59 AM

The decomposing body of a man missing since his pregnant girlfriend was killed in Hawaii was found hanging from a tree with a handwritten confession to the months-old murder, cops said.

In the note Boaz Johnson, 22, wrote before he killed himself, the jilted man said he strangled 25-year-old Brittany Royal during a fight and dumped her body in the waters off Kalapana, police said Tuesday.

Investigators have been trying to determine why Royal, who was 10 weeks pregnant, was killed since her body was found last May.

Boyfriend confessed to killing pregnant girlfriend in Hawaii in 3-page note found with his decomposing body¬_ - NY Daily News

Old 01-22-2014, 09:31 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Posted January 22, 2014 - 1:01am

Kalapana remains identified as Boaz Johnson

By JOHN BURNETT
Stephens Media Hawaii

The father and maternal grandfather of murder victim Brittany-Jane Royal said Tuesday they came back to thank police and prosecutors for their investigation into her death, which determined that she was strangled by her boyfriend, Boaz David Johnson.

“I wanted to come back today to thank, especially the police force, who do what is often a thankless job,” said Ted Royal of Tustin, Calif., father of the slain 25-year-old woman.
He praised police and prosecutors “for their tireless pursuit of justice” and thanked the Big Island community for its support.

“One evil act will never outgrow the aloha spirit we’ve received and that Brittany so much loved,” he said.

Assistant Police Chief Henry Tavares confirmed at a press conference that the body found hanging by a rope from a tree in a Kalapana lava field on Jan. 2 was that of 22-year-old Johnson, who came to Hawaii from Petersburg, Alaska. He said that Johnson’s badly decomposed body was identified through DNA and dental records.

“A composition book found near Bo’s body contained three handwritten pages,” Tavares said. “The writer identified himself as Boaz Johnson. He confessed to strangling Brittany while involved in a domestic dispute and to throwing her body into the ocean. He also indicated his intention to end his life.”

Tavares said a forensic document examiner determined the writing was Johnson’s. An autopsy revealed the cause of death was “asphyxia due to hanging” and that it was suicide. He said the medical examiner ruled out foul play in Johnson’s death.

He said Johnson didn’t reveal the nature of the domestic dispute in the note nor did he express remorse over the homicide. He said the note indicated Johnson ended his own life within a couple of days after Royal’s slaying. He also said the rope Johnson used to hang himself was “similar” to the one used to strangle Royal.

Kalapana remains identified as Boaz Johnson | West Hawaii Today
Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Sunshine

Sad ending to this mystery!

Reply With Quote top