Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. (Spotlight) Randy Taylor - Sentenced to Two Life Terms for Murder of Alexis Murphy, 17, Nelson County, VA - Page 9 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > We the Jury

We the Jury Current Trials, Appeals and Civil Trials

Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 PM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Cool

The grandmother of the teen boy, Dashad "Sage" Smith that I posted about, who looked so much like Alexis when dressed as a girl and is also missing, has spoken about Alexis and has contacted the Murphy family.

I wonder if the cases are related. It appears LE isn't actively investigating or searching for "Sage" anymore. (This is typical, when AA males are missing. It's also typical when gay men are missing. Therefore, "Sage" has two strikes against him. LE doesn't put the efforts into those cases. There isn't "justice for all.")

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...220128801.html
Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 PM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Darrell Rice, who was suspected of being the Route 29 serial killer, was not able to be tried and convicted, because the DNA evidence proved it wasn't him. Two articles about that:

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller...rell_david.php

It seems that the DNA that police had didn't match the suspects that they have considered in the past. I wonder if RT will be connected by DNA to several cases. It seems entirely likely that LE has been able to get his DNA from items seized in the recent search warrant. I doubt they had it before, since I don't think he's been convicted of a violent crime before. IIRC, it was all burglaries and arson.

Here's an article about another contender for the Route 29 Serial Killer. It doesn't seem that he was it either: Richard Marc Evonitz. He shot himself in the head after being surrounded by police in a chase, after they set the dog on him. So, if he was the Route 29 killer, since they had his DNA, they would have known it. He killed three girl and was a major pervert. His last abducted girl (#4) got away and alerted police.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...me/G7TlUSNEpPY

So, the more guys it isn't means that it could be Randy Taylor. If he's tied by DNA to several of those cases, I'd imagine that LE would be very quiet, while they figure out which ones he's involved with and which ones have sufficient evidence to get the DA to actually charge him. Rarely is a serial killer charged with all of their crimes, unless they confess like BTK and others did. LE has to figure out which charges would end up with a conviction. It would involve every case where a victim was found murdered AND his DNA was present. Since many of the missing have not been found and because, in the ones that have, DNA may not have been present due to degrading in the elements and decomposition, there may only be very few that would result in provable charges. Time will tell.

Last edited by Cleos_mum; 08-20-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleos_mum View Post
The grandmother of the teen boy, Dashad "Sage" Smith that I posted about, who looked so much like Alexis when dressed as a girl and is also missing, has spoken about Alexis and has contacted the Murphy family.

I wonder if the cases are related. It appears LE isn't actively investigating or searching for "Sage" anymore. (This is typical, when AA males are missing. It's also typical when gay men are missing. Therefore, "Sage" has two strikes against him. LE doesn't put the efforts into those cases. There isn't "justice for all.")

If Dashad is the case I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure LE has a suspect in that case...just can't prove it. I think Dashad was successfully buried at the landfill via a dumpster.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 AM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraokeDiva View Post
If Dashad is the case I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure LE has a suspect in that case...just can't prove it. I think Dashad was successfully buried at the landfill via a dumpster.
That's the one, but I didn't know about the dumpster and the landfill. Thanks for that info.

However, I found a very lengthy article that described it and the search through the landfill. Nothing was found at that time. I'm not sure if the POI is even a suspect, but was someone Smith spoke to on the day he disappeared.

http://www.readthehook.com/108959/mi...-investigation

That area of VA seems to be a hotbed of disappearances. Very strange.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
:: Wtf

Bond hearing closed to public in Nelson County abduction case
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/bo...a4bcf6878.html

Not surprised, but :tant:
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2013, 03:41 AM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluwaters View Post
Bond hearing closed to public in Nelson County abduction case
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/bo...a4bcf6878.html

Not surprised, but :tant:
Well, CRAP! They're going to have to tell the Judge what they have on him to keep him locked up with no bond, for the protection of the public and so he doesn't run. I guess they don't want to compromise the investigation by spilling the beans. It must be pretty damning.

So, if bond is denied, that will tell us that there's a strong case building against him and the state wants to keep his creepy ass locked up, and the Judge agrees. I learned that in the Zimmerman case. Bond is denied if "the evidence is strong" and / or "there is a possibility of flight risk."

And Taylor's lawyer objects to that. Hmmm! It's confusing. It might be in his client's best interest if the public doesn't know what evidence LE has on him, especially if it makes RT look guilty. Why let the possible jury pool hear the dirt against his client advance. It won't do his case any good going forward. Is this lawyer a rookie?

Looks like Hallahan doesn't take direction from his clients and whines. He just got the Judge to release him from a different murder case:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/at...78b9db582.html

Here's Hallahan's profile:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmlwfrm/hallahan-mike-attorney

More Details for Hallahan Mike Attorney
Hallahan Mike Attorney in Charlottesville, VA is a private company categorized under Legal Services. Our records show it was established in 2003 and incorporated in Virginia.

This following paragraph was posted in the "Recommendations" section on this profile page by "Blue Green." We've already seen it in the media:

We spoke with Hallahan just after client Randy Taylor explained to him his version of what happened the night Alexis disappeared. Taylor claims the last he saw her, Murphy and another unknown man left his camper in separate cars. We asked Hallahan if he thinks Taylor is innocent. Hallahan says his opinion is irrelevant; he will defend his client to the best of his ability. We also asked Hallahan whether Taylor knew where Alexis is todayy. "I didn't ask him 'where is she.' I don't ever ask a client that 'cause I don't want to know," he stated .

I find his answers to the questions very dicey. Also, he's self-employed, not with a law firm. He takes court appointed cases and has been a lawyer for 10 years, I think. Defense lawyers usually claim their clients are innocent. Maybe Hallahan slept through that class. If he can't lie with a straight face, he shouldn't be a defense attorney.

Last edited by Cleos_mum; 08-21-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2013, 04:32 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
:: Amazed

when r they gonna release some news?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2013, 04:36 PM
JQ Registered User

:: Goofy

LOL Just got my Jury Questionair in the mail for Jury duty. Next step after this is a summons. What Jail in Taylor in?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 PM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Taylor probably is doing a lot of recon and stalking before he takes his victim. I'm willing to bet he stalked and found someone that would fit a profile to blame the crime on.
Targeting an AA girl already distances him from the crime, because typical crime doesn't cross racial boundaries. If the victim is AA, LE expects an AA perp. If white, they expect a white perp. So, of course, RT is going to blame it all on an AA guy, as he has tried to do.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 PM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluwaters View Post
So, after a weekend of no news, today we have more of the same:

someone found tire tracks on his property - which may or may not match Taylor's truck - LE took a mold, don't seem to be in a hurry

a maroon Chevy w/ 22" wheels was pulled in a nearby county..LE says they plan to talk to the owner, don't seem to be in a hurry

Quantico is still working on the cell phones - Are the phones so badly damaged that the FBI forensic techs are having trouble? Are these phones top priority? Are they in a hurry?

LE isn't talking. Are they searching?
They have not yet asked for volunteer searchers to come in.

Alexis is falling off the front page in VA news media.
I sure hope there is a big break soon or at least a presser to keep interest up.

Where is Alexis?
Blond white girls get more resources. (Sorry, but it's true. Remember Mitrice Richardson?)
Old 08-21-2013, 10:52 PM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaCee View Post
I was wondering how Taylor would know she smoked weed? I thought i read she did mention a blunt on her twitter at some point. Do you think his Lawyer saw that and told Taylor which morphed into his story?..wonder if he has been watching/stalking Alexis for a while.
This lawyer is a player; it wouldn't surprise me if he helped RT fabricate a story.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 PM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Quote:
LOL Just got my Jury Questionair in the mail for Jury duty. Next step after this is a summons. What Jail in Taylor in?
Charlottesville, I think.

Lucky you. If you end up on the jury, we'll miss ya'/
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM
JQ Registered User

:: Goofy

Quote:
Charlottesville, I think.

Lucky you. If you end up on the jury, we'll miss ya'/

I thought I heard our Local News Wavy10 a week or so ago when he was first arrested state that they have him in our jail (norfolk). I could be wrong but that is what I heard.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2013, 11:31 PM
JQ Registered User
'A' Warriors United!

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)

Quote:
Blond white girls get more resources. (Sorry, but it's true. Remember Mitrice Richardson?)
So true.

Sad, but true .
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 AM
JQ Registered User
Love my Dog!

Quote:
I thought I heard our Local News Wavy10 a week or so ago when he was first arrested state that they have him in our jail (norfolk). I could be wrong but that is what I heard.
Oh, I found this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Virginia.html

Taylor is being held at the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail after he was arrested on Monday on suspicion of abduction by force.

But that was from August 14th. Maybe they moved him.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:11 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
So true.

Sad, but true .
Old 08-22-2013, 11:20 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

LE are out searching with K-9s in the Rte 56, Crabtree Falls area this morning. I think this is near where Taylor was seen on the Monday am after Alexis disappeared.

@KLOVEREPORTER
Investigators say they are continuing search for #AlexisMurphy near Cub Creek in Roseland. The search is near Route 56 near Cabtree (sic) Falls.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/bond...5/-/index.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Shelley Basinger WSET
We are live from Nelson County at noon for the latest on the ‪#‎alexismurphy‬ search and where investigators were this morning. Plus - stay with wset.com for the latest on Randy Taylor's bond hearing at 1pm.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...52565498138248
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2013, 11:31 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:

The first time I saw a photo of Sage Smith dressed as a girl, I thought it was a photo of Alexis. *chills*
It doesn't sound like the cases are related, but you never know.
I hope Sage can be found or his family at least can find out what happened to him.
I cannot imagine a loved one just dropping off the face of earth without a trace.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Targeting an AA girl already distances him from the crime, because typical crime doesn't cross racial boundaries. If the victim is AA, LE expects an AA perp. If white, they expect a white perp. So, of course, RT is going to blame it all on an AA guy, as he has tried to do.
I *think* Taylor's ex and the mother of his son is AA.
I'm not completely certain, but his ex MIL, Margaret Turner, who owns the property where Taylor was living appears to be AA.
She moved to Roseland to live with her daughter.
The Roseland area is where LE is searching today.

I only mention it as I think that Taylor may have ties to the AA community.
He certainly is trying to point the finger at another AA man.

http://www.wsls.com/story/23228668/s...ontinue-search

Taylor was seen at the J&K Market on 56 and at the intersection of 56 & 151 on that Monday am.

ETA: Took out the map link as it didn't work.
Reply With Quote top