Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. (Spotlight) Randy Taylor - Sentenced to Two Life Terms for Murder of Alexis Murphy, 17, Nelson County, VA - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > We the Jury

We the Jury Current Trials, Appeals and Civil Trials

Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Thinking
Default Randy Taylor - Sentenced to Two Life Terms for Murder of Alexis Murphy, 17, Nelson County, VA

A semi local girl who has been missing since August 3rd.

An arrest has been made in her abduction...but she is still missing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-cus...ry?id=19938428

Watching NBC29 news earlier tonight, it sounded like this man may have a connection with another missing person's case a couple of years back but I havent' been able to find a link to substantiate that.

eta...

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23116062/...o-similar-case

Last edited by sunny47; 05-04-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sama...iw=820&bih=425
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2013, 10:28 PM
JQ Registered User
'A' Warriors United!

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)

A little more info from your first link, KaraokeDiva:

Authorities did not elaborate on what led them to arrest Taylor, however, they are asking for anyone who believes they saw the suspect or his late model GMC Suburban just prior to and after Murphy's disappearance to come forward with any information they may have.

Murphy was last seen on Aug. 3, 2013, at a Lovingston, Va., gas station. Her white Nissan Maxima was located three days later in the parking lot of Carmike Cinemas in Charlottesville, Va.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
A little more info from your first link, KaraokeDiva:

Authorities did not elaborate on what led them to arrest Taylor, however, they are asking for anyone who believes they saw the suspect or his late model GMC Suburban just prior to and after Murphy's disappearance to come forward with any information they may have.

Murphy was last seen on Aug. 3, 2013, at a Lovingston, Va., gas station. Her white Nissan Maxima was located three days later in the parking lot of Carmike Cinemas in Charlottesville, Va.
Thanks for pointing out that information.

Authorities won't say what led to the arrest in this case. I can't find proof of this statement but it seems like I heard that this suspect made a flurry of phone calls to the other missing girl in the time leading up to her disappearance. I wonder if phone records show calls to Murphy prior to her disappearance???
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Amazed

I saw this on my news this morning. Her mom was on tv school started today!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:19 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

some are saying That this guy could be realated to the 29 stalker case.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/st...fea6a92e1.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

These r some comments made by locals!

How about Morgan Dana Harrington?? It was the same road you all!! She may have thought it safe to go with a father and a son!!

Looks like he also used to live at Ehearts corner trailer park on Ridge Road in Orange... Minutes from where Samantha Clarke hung out... I REALLY wish we knew more about how he is associated with Alexis...
C.
16 hours ago0 updown
Share | Flag
Have to police checked for Alexis near Taylor's old stompin' grounds? He had a camper he kept on Green Acres Rd in Orange, VA... That is approx 17 mi from the house that Samantha Clarke was last "hanging out" at (which was at the Corner of US 33 & Albano -near barboursville)..
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Randolph Taylor, a 48-years-old Lovingston citizen, was definitely involved in Alexis Murphy’s kidnapping. What’s scary, he is also now being investigated for involvement with others as well. He may be some sort of serial rapist or killer.

Taylor was arrested Sunday afternoon. FBI and Police kept his identity secret as they were not sure of certain variables that could occur after he was announced caught. Officials scoured Nelson county for more clues, sharing the man’s pictures with at least two local businesses asking for details and video recordings from the shops. Both the Ultimate Bliss sex toy shop and Quick Pick convenience stores donated possible evidence.

Taylor is being held without bond and probed for details of what he knows. His car and a camper have been confiscated from his home in Lovingston, VA. Officials are sure to be paying close attention to detail of both object’s contents for clues.

- See more at: http://www.ckhid.com/hip-hop-news/20....EK5lAkjM.dpuf
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

While a frantic search continues in central Virginia for 17-year-old Alexis Murphy, the FBI is investigating whether the man charged in her abduction is connected to a long string of disappearances centered around the Charlottesville area.
The FBI and Nelson County prosecutors on Monday announced the arrest of Randy Allen Taylor, 48, in the disappearance of Alexis, who left her home for Lynchburg to get her hair done and vanished Aug. 3. Her car was found abandoned Aug. 6 in Charlottesville.
Randy Taylor, who lives on Thomas Nelson Highway in Lovingston, was charged Sunday with abduction by force and is being held without bond, authorities said. But where Alexis is, and if she’s OK, remains a mystery.
Taylor has publicly admitted he was once a suspect in the September 2010 disappearance of a 19-year-old Orange County woman, Samantha Clarke. In an interview with a Charlottesville alternative newspaper, The Hook, Taylor was quoted as saying police “harassed him by planting evidence and illegally tracking his whereabouts.”
He was never charged and Clarke has never been found.
“I know there is some speculation that this case may be connected to other disappearances and abductions in the region,” FBI Special Agent Jeffrey Mazanec said at a press conference Monday. “We are certainly looking at all possibilities and information in this regard. However, we are not prepared to discuss this at the present time.”
Taylor’s police mugshot taken after his arrest Sunday bears some resemblance to a 1996 composite sketch of the “29 Stalker,” a moniker given the killer who murdered 25-year-old Alicia Showalter Reynolds. Reynolds was abducted in Culpeper County while driving to Charlottesville on U.S. 29 on March 2, 1996.
Her remains were found two months later in a remote logging community in Culpeper.
“Several witnesses recalled seeing a dark-colored pickup truck, possibly a Nissan, parked on the Route 29 shoulder along with Alicia's vehicle,” state police said in a news release.
In the months that followed, several women came forward reporting that a man in a similar truck had flashed his lights and tried to stop them as they drove along U.S. 29.
One of those women was traveling on Va. 234 in Prince William County in February 1996 when she stopped for a man in a truck who flashed his lights and indicated she should pull over. When she got into his truck for a ride home, he attacked her with a screwdriver. The victim was able to jump out of the truck and get away, suffering a broken leg in the process.
In 2004, Prince William prosecutors charged a Maryland man, Darrell Rice, with the crime. Rice had also been charged with the 1996 murders of two women hiking in Shenandoah National Park. He was later exonerated in both crimes, and the cases remain unsolved.
The Alexis Murphy case also echoes that of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who vanished after a Metallica concert in Charlottesville in October 2009. Her body was found three months later in a field in Albemarle County, near Charlottesville. No one has ever been charged in her killing.
DNA in the Morgan Harrington case matches a 2005 unsolved sexual assault in Fairfax City. In that case, the attacker was scared off by a passerby. Based on the witness descriptions in the 2005 case, a composite sketch of the suspect showed an African American male, but police have never said if they know his race.
State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said she was asked many times Monday about the 29 Stalker composite sketch and the mugshot of Taylor. But, she said, there is so far no indication the Alexis Murphy case and the murder of Alicia Reynolds are linked. Last week, Geller said there was no evidence indicating the Murphy case has connections to the murder of Morgan Harrington.
At Monday’s news conference, the FBI said finding Alexis Murphy remains the agency’s top focus. But they want to speak to anyone who knows anything about Taylor.
Authorities ask anyone who saw Taylor or his late-model GMC Suburban around the time Murphy disappeared or since then to call 434-263-7050.

http://m.insidenova.com/mobile/news/...9bb2963f4.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 11:12 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
some are saying That this guy could be realated to the 29 stalker case.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/st...fea6a92e1.html
Wow...interesting.

Thanks for all the additional info you're providing.

BF wondered if this guy could be involved with the Morgan Harrington murder. Myself, I'm not so sure. I think she was a victim of opportunity, not stalked. They do have dna in Morgan's case though, so if he is involved, he should be busted.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 08:42 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web-...z/-/index.html

Randy taylor appearing in court. Gawd what is wrong with him!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

This is a comment at the news stations facebook! several people have said he stalked them!!!!

Well I know that he tried to rape me at the age of 14 and I'm lucky to be here because I ran and he looked for me and I was hiding until he was gone I was scared for my life and I didn't think of anything but to run so I don't know what u know about him but I know from experience he was also about to shoot me with a bow and arrow as well because I wouldnt let him sleep with me .. So you saying you think he's a good person not at all sweetheart he gives me the creeps just from having to see him all over again and I'm now 21 if I didn't run I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have two kids of my own .. He is very disgusting and if he cared about his child he wouldn't have done all the things he's done or done the things he's done in front his child I'm sorry but he has no respect for anyone or himself ... Its funny how he used to live in orange and Samantha came up missing now hes moved to nelson and this young girl has came up missing . it makes sence a lot of sence ! If u ask me the electric chair will do good for him ... Cuz he won't even talk .... So that's gult right there !!! And yes I have been questioned and I told all I know about him and it could have been me years ago !!

https://www.facebook.com/NBC29
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:36 PM
JQ Registered User
We love our Aubrey!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

this sounds like it could get real interesting. i'm not ready to delve in just now but i will keep Alexis in my thoughts tonight. i hope here whereabouts are discovered!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2013, 09:48 PM
JQ Registered User
Trying to stop swearing so
much

:: Veggedout

He looks like a methhead.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2013, 01:42 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

This guy looks disgusting and creepy as hell. I just heard about Alexis this morning and I was searching around the Internet to hear the latest on her. I'm confused about the circumstances surrounding this. What I gather is that she said she was going school shopping and left home and her last known stop was the gas station a few miles from home? What happened after that does anybody know? She is an absolutely beautiful young lady by the way..

Last edited by mygirlsadie; 08-14-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2013, 01:43 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaholic View Post
He looks like a methhead.
Yes he does. So damn gross.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:44 AM
JQ Registered User
We love our Aubrey!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web-...z/-/index.html

Randy taylor appearing in court. Gawd what is wrong with him!!!!
he looked like he could have been the meth head brother of the judge.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2013, 02:01 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura View Post
he looked like he could have been the meth head brother of the judge.
Ugh yes. Where is this girl?! This piece of crap knows where the hell she is.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:43 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirlsadie View Post
This guy looks disgusting and creepy as hell. I just heard about Alexis this morning and I was searching around the Internet to hear the latest on her. I'm confused about the circumstances surrounding this. What I gather is that she said she was going school shopping and left home and her last known stop was the gas station a few miles from home? What happened after that does anybody know? She is an absolutely beautiful young lady by the way..
He was seen at the same gas station as alexis.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
:: Angelic

Nancy Grace covered this case last night. Alexis's mother was a guest.
Reply With Quote top