Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. St of AZ vs.Jodi Arias..DP..Verdict Watch.. Day#2..10AM AZ 5/22/2013 - Page 92 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > We the Jury > Jodi Arias Trial / Sentencing Retrial

Jodi Arias Trial / Sentencing Retrial For the murder of Travis Alexander

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndyloo View Post
Unfortunately Jodi was charged before the LAW changed...SO unfortunately if she gets LIFE from the jury..then it becomes the Judges decision if its Life with parole or Life without Parole.....Anyone charged post the legal statute...DP cases would have LWOP on the verdict form...Thats not Juans fault..and that why Juan mentioned in his closing IF NOT DP Jodi could get out of jail??? Many TH's suggested reversible error cause Juan mentioned that...BUT the real TRUTH IS...YEPPER..IF Judge Stephens decides Life with possibility of parole after 25 is indeed possible....DT wants to suggest opposite..BUT as usual they misrepresent things :fish:
And thank you too! First time I've heard that the jury is restricted to LIFE and then the Judge will define that! By jove, I think I'm finally getting this!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 PM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
:: Piratey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abequa View Post
Ive viewed the pics. But I would need more than just to walk in, look at some pics, and say "she dies"
This may be helpful: it is a handbook of capital punishment and case law in Az. -there is info in here on the details, and I am working through it to see if I can find the procedure for this situation

http://www3.ce9.uscourts.gov/web/sdo...4?OpenDocument
Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanblueeyes View Post
I respectfully disagree. I have seen time and time again where the gender of the defendant is a very relevant issue and the double standards between men and women defendants are staggering.

It matters not that men kill more. Way more men (appx.11,400) are murdered yearly too compared to apprx. 3,500 females. The point is women can commit same like murders or worse yet their punishment more often than not is far different than a male murderer who did a murder in the same similiar gruesome manner.

Rarely does a woman murder her abuser but of course it seems the old standby excuse for every female murderer that murders an adult male even when there isn't a dab of evidence of abuse like in the case. Most women murder for the same reasons men do. Financial gain, secret life (lover), jealousy and rage. That is also another double standard in our justice system. Men aren't afforded an abuse excuse even if it exists.

Women are not some special or softer gender when it comes to being criminals, imo. Some of the most horrific murders in history are committed by women. They murder their own children as often as the bio father does and they abuse and neglect their children more so (59% of the abusers of children are females) than fathers do. Yet punishment meted out to both genders is so unequal it is mind boggling.

If JA does not get death it will be because she is a white female. It is well known that a white female who is considered somewhat attractive is a plus in her favor when it comes to the justice system.

imo
Very well said.

Shame on the jurors behind us and SHAME on our jurors in this day and age!
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraokeDiva View Post
I'm in VA and even my vascular surgeon knows about Jodi.
No shit, anyone following this case or not knows the bull shit the killer is spewing all over the news. You have to be brain dead not to know. She's doing these views for that very reason.
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Angelic

I wish this jury could see what she looks like and how she acts on these interviews instead of just her *show and tell eight grade performance*. All that was missing was a pleated plaid skirt and knee socks.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Wtf
Clap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
a few things on AZ statutes:
H. The trier of fact (jury) shall determine unanimously whether death is the appropriate sentence. If the trier of fact is a jury and the jury unanimously determines that the death penalty is not appropriate, the court shall determine whether to impose a sentence of life or natural life.

K. At the penalty phase, if the trier of fact is a jury and the jury is unable to reach a verdict, the court shall dismiss the jury and shall impanel a new jury. The new jury shall not retry the issue of the defendant's guilt or the issue regarding any of the aggravating circumstances that the first jury found by unanimous verdict to be proved or not proved. If the new jury is unable to reach a unanimous verdict, the court shall impose a sentence of life or natural life on the defendant.

so it's basically: form a new jury pool (200+ people) voir dire, narrow it down to 18 and start the penalty phase again... will take some time.

http://www.arizonacrimelaws.com/13_752V2.htm
Thank you Bourbon.
I hope it doesn't come to this.
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreeze View Post
Anyone who feels sympathy for this evil POG gets no pass with me. I want her head on a platter.
Same here, it was a horrific crime. To explain it like it was just a boy friend girl friend thing and things got out of hand and a killing happened, is ridiculous. What happened here was a slaughter, premeditated killing. It gives me nightmares thinking how someone could almost decapitate another human being, slashing them in the head stabbing them in heart and just keep stabbing and cutting. I don't get it. This woman is a monster, evil through and through..

eta: Also shot in the head!
JQ Registered User
Walkin' On Sunshine

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
:: Inpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreeze View Post
No shit, anyone following this case or not knows the bull shit the killer is spewing all over the news. You have to be brain dead not to know. She's doing these views for that very reason.
seriously...about 50% of the folks here dont have cable or computers. So most here couldnt tell you who Jodi is.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Daring

Quote:
Ive viewed the pics. But I would need more than just to walk in, look at some pics, and say "she dies"
Not me although they have loads of other evidence.

The autopsy photos tell the story of how sadistic and cruel this vicious three times overkill murder really was. To be able to see down a young man's throat in death photos after he had nearly been decapitated by his premeditated murderess speaks volumes imo.

And the bloody crime scene showing he was trying to escape his monster.

This is one of the most vile murders I've seen in quite awhile. Not just one shot to the head.......not just one stab to the heart.........not one stab but multiple including slitting his throat from ear to ear........bruises where he had been stomped.

I agree with DD and I rarely do but the Autopsy photos in this case DOES tell the story of how cruel and evil this murder truly was.

IMO

“Beware of those who calls good ...evil, and proclaims evil ways.. good”
Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
I would need to know what makes this crime worse than other 1st degree murders where death wasnt on the table. I would need to hear from the ME, at least
But this crime needs to be judged on its own evidence, not in comparison to other crimes.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Ditto....with a big wormy apple in her nasty mouth.
The sicko killer giving lip last night!!!!! I want her dead now!!!!
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanblueeyes View Post
That isn't the point. As a juror they are to listen to the other side and if the other side of the argument makes more logical sense backed up by the evidence then they should not be so stubborn that they will not listen to reasoning. Also if they are against the majority they should back up their opinion based on the evidence of the case. In this case JA really has no mitigating factors that outweighs the aggravating factors.

That is why jurors 'deliberate' instead of drawing lines in the sand.
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
:: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadee View Post
Same here, it was a horrific crime. To explain it like it was just a boy friend girl friend thing and things got out of hand and a killing happened, is ridiculous. What happened here was a slaughter, premeditated killing. It gives me nightmares thinking how someone could almost decapitate another human being, slashing them in the head stabbing them in heart and just keep stabbing and cutting. I don't get it. This woman is a monster, evil through and through..

So AGREE.

To think oh so what this chick killed her boyfriend is just mean. She didn't just kill him, she butchered him.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabby View Post
^^Emphasis Mine^^

Jodi is well aware of this fact. She was smirking and beaming AND beaming and smirking when she acknowledged this last night. My second best is when she basically asked the interviewer IF she knew what "contemporaneous" was.
I wanted to reach through the screen and smack her!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
seriously...about 50% of the folks here dont have cable or computers. So most here couldnt tell you who Jodi is.
That is not true. They have a cell phone. No one is cut off from the world.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 PM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
:: Piratey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooMomology View Post
So AGREE.

To think oh so what this chick killed her boyfriend is just mean. She didn't just kill him, she butchered him.
after premeditating it.
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluwaters View Post
Really?
I don't know anyone following this trial.
My family is about to do an intervention on me. :dnaughty:
I don't know anyone either. Even my daughter who followed Caylee's murderer's trial religiously only asks for a few explanations about this one.

If you impaneled a new jury with people like my elderly father or my brothers or even my daughter.....if all they were looking at was this heinous slaughtered man vs a woman with virtually no mitigating factors as a reason for her to do this, I think the choice would be much easier.
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

:laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta View Post
Jodi is a crazy frickin' bitch!!!!!

carry on.........

I'm behind & distracted, so catching up.

THANK you, Magenta! You made me :lol:
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
:: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Girl View Post
Exactly. A nightmare.

That is why I WISH this jury would be told exactly what the procedure will be if they cannot come to a unanimous decision. That could encourage them to try harder.....

Not only that, but Jodi and the Defense will gleefully celebrate their victory.... hey, maybe Jinx will join them in their victory celebration....
If this jury hangs and considering the cost of this fiasco, maybe the DA will instruct Juan to take the DP off the table. At the rate this is going, this could put the State into bankruptcy.
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLorena View Post
That's what the judge said, but that's not what the paper she was reading from said. I don't have the link, but someone does. What was written on the papers, was IF, where do we write it...etc.
Is this it?
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 6h
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction
Closed Thread