Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. The Ray Gricar connection - Page 5 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Headlines > Crimes Against Children > Penn State Child Abuse Cases

Old 12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcodger View Post
I viewed the Gricar case a few months ago and it is truly baffling. However, with the Sandusky matter and the millions of dollars at stake I think there is more than likely a connection. I could offer up a theory that may not find favor here. It would involve a bribe and a double-cross. I don't want to speak ill of the "dead" but I think it should be considered.

Briefly stated, there were huge, huge, amounts of money at stake. If Gricar had decided to prosecute (or was waffling) it is conceivable that he was approached with an "offer he couldn't refuse" and succumbed to temptation and he faked his own death. But the briber(s) didn't want to leave loose ends so decided to remove the threat entirely. Think mob mentality.

I don't believe in coincidences. I think there is a connection that must be pursued regardless of detectives who do not or say they do not believe there is a connection. If ever there was a red flag on a case, this one has a motive as big as Pennsylvania. I've heard money in the hundreds of millions on the football program. That's powerful incentive in anyone's book. (I stand to be corrected on the amount of money at stake.)
I agree that all connections should be investigated. Your theory is as plausible as any other. But unfortunately, even if a connection to this case is found, it doesn't necessarily rule out any of the possibilities in my book:

Foul play: He was about to bust the scandal wide open and had to be silenced.

Walkaway: What oldcodger posited (would explain why his financial assets remain untouched)

Suicide: New knowledge that this was all about to come out and couldn't deal with the guilt/scandal of knowing that he was instrumental in there being additional victims.

The new special was a good summary of the overall case, and it was great to get new updates/here from all the players (especially his significant other, Patty), but there was little exploration of the new angle. Hopefully a good investigative reporter is on it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Angry

What is the best explanation of the laptop and hard drive? To my mind, that is truly baffling. I watched the complete program on streaming video as I had missed the program and one of the people interviewed said that someone had to physically remove that hard drive from the laptop which was later discovered about 100 yards from the laptop itself, totally unreadable. What does that tell us, if anything?

1) If someone killed him, why discard the two pieces of the laptop in the river? There was no guarantee it wouldn't immediately be found. Logically, it seems that it would be better to have taken it to a secure location and read the contents and then destroyed it completely.

2) If Gricar discarded the pieces, why would he have done this? The same applies. The pieces could still have been found and data recovered.

It is true that he had been checking around the office on how to destroy a hard drive and had some look-ups on his home computer for the same subject. But then the theory is that he wanted to ensure his private notes could not be recovered when he turned the computer in upon resignation.

I'm not getting the two pieces of the laptop in the river. What is the most logical explanation that anyone can come up with? I'm truly baffled.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

My guess is that whoever threw the laptop in the river separately really did not believe that they would be both be found, but that if either was found, one without the other wouldn't be incriminating/telling in and of themselves. So, if a random hard drive was found, that they couldn't connect it to Ray's laptop. And if the laptop was found, without the hard drive, it was useless.

The other explanation was that there was nothing incriminating on the hard drive, and if someone did kill Ray, they planted the laptop to make it seem like he did it.

But yeah, I don't really know either...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Amused
Smile

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12AngryMen View Post
Good job! That is very pretty!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2011, 08:16 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Amused
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Good job! That is very pretty!
Thanks, Pepper:-) JQ rocks! Merry Xmas!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2012, 06:56 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyPad View Post
I posted earlier about someone who goes by the handle of "J. J. in Phila". He/She has a blog about Ray Gricar and has been following his disappearance for years. J.J. thoroughly admired Gricar and was/is "gobsmacked" by recent developments and the "Ray Gricar connection" in the Penn State Sex Scandal.
Sorry I made your eyes twitch. Thanks for the kind comments and plug for the blog.

I had to look up "gobsmacked," but stunned and shocked is right. I never expected charges in relation to the 1998 incident. I had thought it would be minor.

There were several newer developments since your last post.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2012, 02:40 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. in Phila View Post
Sorry I made your eyes twitch. Thanks for the kind comments and plug for the blog.

I had to look up "gobsmacked," but stunned and shocked is right. I never expected charges in relation to the 1998 incident. I had thought it would be minor.

Hi JJ, welcome to Justice Quest. I recall you from the (somewhat contentious) Gricar thread over at In Sessions.

What are the new developments - related to Gricar, Sandusky, or the potential Gricar/Sandusky links? Do tell!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelloggirl View Post
Hi JJ, welcome to Justice Quest. I recall you from the (somewhat contentious) Gricar thread over at In Sessions.

What are the new developments - related to Gricar, Sandusky, or the potential Gricar/Sandusky links? Do tell!
The PSP reported disagreement between the Gricar and an ADA on the handling of the case in 1998; we don't know the nature of the disagreement.

http://www.centredaily.com/2012/02/0...l#wgt=rcntnews

It was a colossal lapse of judgment in not prosecuting, but might have been an honest mistake as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
The PSP reported disagreement between the Gricar and an ADA on the handling of the case in 1998; we don't know the nature of the disagreement.

http://www.centredaily.com/2012/02/0...l#wgt=rcntnews

It was a colossal lapse of judgment in not prosecuting, but might have been an honest mistake as well.
Thanks J.J. From your link:

"Amendola wrote that a page from the current investigation report “describes an interview with Karen Arnold, a former assistant district attorney of Centre County, wherein she and former District Attorney Ray Gricar had extensive disagreements over a 1998 police investigation” into Sandusky.

In an email Tuesday, Arnold inferred what Amendola said was not true, but she didn’t elaborate.

“If you want to know what I said on anything concerning the 1998 investigation, you will find that in my grand jury testimony,” Arnold said in the email."

Very interesting indeed...Karen Arnold is a name I remember well from Gricar's disappearance...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Quote:

Welcome to JQ, J.J.!!

I love your blog and the twitching eyes were worth it!

I'll have to get up to snuff with the newer developments. Again, Welcome!!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:37 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Welcome to JQ, J.J.!!

I love your blog and the twitching eyes were worth it!

I'll have to get up to snuff with the newer developments. Again, Welcome!!
Thank you. There is a new entry.

I was doing a Google search for 20/20 Vision and discovered that reference.

Looking at who they called, it looks like the decision not to prosecute was the looked at by the grand jury.

Kelloggirl, while Arnold and I are often at loggerheads, she might end up as one of the people who really did everything they could to prosecute Sandusky in 1998. She's not talking, and I don't blame her one bit.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2012, 01:32 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Here is a link to some photos I took of the river in Lewisburg, along with the parking lot and the Street of Shops/parking area in 2009: https://picasaweb.google.com/LookingforRay

Quote:
I posted earlier about someone who goes by the handle of "J. J. in Phila". He/She has a blog about Ray Gricar and has been following his disappearance for years. J.J. thoroughly admired Gricar and was/is "gobsmacked" by recent developments and the "Ray Gricar connection" in the Penn State Sex Scandal. IMO
I will slightly disagree with using the past tense. I think the 1998 decision was exceptionally bad judgment, but I wouldn't judge RFG's entire career on just one decision.

Looking at RFG's record, both before the Sandusky revelation and after, he had an exceptionally good record. Granted, that is liking saying, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play," but on the whole, he had an exceptionally good record. He prosecuted, often personally, cases that were problematic. He lost his share, but usually, he attempted it.

Last edited by J.J. in Phila; 03-12-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

By the way, if anyone is unsure that I am the same J. J. as the blogger, I'll be using the phrase "cloak and dagger" in the next blog, tentatively titled, "Parking Lots."
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Can I get the link to the blog again? I believe I had it on my old puter.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packy View Post
Can I get the link to the blog again? I believe I had it on my old puter.
More blatant self promotion.

http://www.centredaily.com/694

I have not posted the entry yet.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

From Twitter -

Christopher Boehke ‏ @chrisboehke

Reading @sganim story on Ray Gricar that's running in Sunday's @PatriotNews. You're all going to want to read this one. Great work

You can get to the patriotnews via pennlive.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Cheerful

Wow -- I just saw this thread ! Still learning my way around here -- LOL !

I want to say that I first heard about Ray Gricar's case last year when I saw a show on his disappearance on the ID Disc Channel -- which was before the news about the Penn State Scandal.

Then when the Penn State / Sanduski Scandal broke -- and I read that the DA was missing -- my radar went off immediatley because I remembered seeing a show on the ID Channel about a DA who was missing !

I will have to catch up reading here later !

I hope that there will be "something" -- "anything" for a "break" in this case !

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

This site includes Ray Gricar's FBI Background check: http://deadspin.com/5890077/what-is-...obably-nothing

He was arguing a federal case, and needed it for that purpose.

Note the link to the Southfield sighting blog. You might be interested in it, but I only rank it as 50% likely to be a legitimate sighting.

Late edit: 4/15 is the 7th anniversary of Gricar's disappearance.

Last edited by J.J. in Phila; 04-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Here's the article that will be in The Patriot News tomorrow (well today now).

Ray Gricar mystery: DA's privacy adds to intrigue surrounding his disappearance
Published: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 12:04 AM
By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News The Patriot-News

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Among the first people investigators sought when Ray Gricar went missing seven years ago was a group informally referred to as “the women.”

He was married twice. He had a few serious relationships and some casual ones.

There was the nurse who Gricar met in the early 2000s and spontaneously asked to marry him. She turned him down.

There was the waitress Gricar always requested at The Gamble Mill restaurant here in the Centre County seat and would flirt with during his meal.

Much more.....

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...medium=twitter
Reply With Quote top