Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. The Mystery of Miranda Eve - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Missing, NOT forgotten > Who am I?

Who am I? Forum for the unidentified

Old 09-15-2016, 11:45 AM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Piratey
Default The Mystery of Miranda Eve

This is a bit different from these other cases- a little 3 year old girl in a coffin was found under a house in San Francisco. The coffin is from about 1850 in design and very high end. The blonde baby girl inside was still holding a rose, and there was a cross of lavender over her heart, and some eucalyptus by her side.

They want to identify her. She was probably left behind when all the cemeteries of San Francisco were ordered cleared to Colma in the 1920s, and while they can move her to the area where the people from the cemetery there were moved, she has no name...

They are doing DNA, and trying to get DNA from relatives of the 12 girls of that age buried there....they are going to see if there was medicine given to her, see what foods she usually ate, just anything that might narrow her identity down.

first story on it: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...photo-10135887

her (second) funeral, covered by the Garden of Angels organization, which helps bury unclaimed children: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...er-7963636.php

So far, results from the UC Davis anthropology team: she's about 2 1/2, her hair was strawberry blonde, for the last 3 months of her life she was ill and wasting away, she was of Northern European descent. They are working of DNA matching to one possible relative so far...
Old 09-16-2016, 01:40 AM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

correction: It is the "Garden of INNOCENCE" (not angels) group: gardenofinnocence.org

Sorry about that! Don't want the wrong name out of a group that does good!
Old 05-10-2017, 09:36 AM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

She has been identified! through research and then DNA. UC Berkeley's Bancroft library had an old copy of the cemetery records, and the researchers were able to track down the likely location of her burial, where she was left behind when the cemetery was moved. Her great-grand-nephew donated DNA to ID her...

Miranda was really Edith Howard Cook, who passed away just short of her third birthday. Her father was a businessman who served as the US consul for Greece, and her mother was from a California pioneer family.

Garden of Innocence is going to engrave her real name on the tombstone they donated for her last year

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/0...se-identified/
Old 05-10-2017, 11:57 AM
JQ Registered User
All my posts are my opinion!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
:: Crazy

I am so impressed that they did that. Also makes me think they are getting more and more info from DNA.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM
JQ Registered User
Censored

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
:: Question

I've really liked this story from the beginning. Saw the update this morning. Thanks for sharing. Java.. you are in the business of bones and stuff... No?

"I miss my mom." Me
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2017, 09:50 PM
JQ Registered User
Post~N~Run Champ!

Location: War does not determine who is right - only who is left
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Sad

Wow!
Thanks.

Squirrley