Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Texas Executions - Page 12 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > US Supreme Court > Death Penalty

Death Penalty Civilized discussions, Pros & Cons

Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 AM
JQ Registered User
Status? We're supposed to have
a status?

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by leagleeagle View Post
They mean business in Texas: if a murderer gets the DP, they can count on actually being executed, unlike California, where the DP means nothing.
Too many bleeding hearts in California.. They love to tie things up in the courts so that nothing else can be done.. DP prisoners get to die of old age in California..
Old 10-15-2015, 12:26 PM
JQ Registered User
The lights are on but nobody's
home.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
:: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakerie View Post

Too many bleeding hearts in California.. They love to tie things up in the courts so that nothing else can be done.. DP prisoners get to die of old age in California..
Sure hope this doesn't apply to Peterson. That dude needs to rot in hell!

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2015, 03:02 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

http://graphics.latimes.com/towergra...lifornia-1978/
actually I am surprised that California has executed that many since 1978- maybe Peterson will get executed some day- but by then he will probably be 80
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default Texas Man Executed for Fire That Killed 3 Children

A Texas inmate was executed Wednesday for setting a fire that killed his 18-month-old daughter and her two young half-sisters at an East Texas home 15 years ago.

Raphael Holiday, 36, became the 13th convicted killer put to death this year in Texas, which carries out capital punishment more than any other state. It has accounted for half of all executions in the U.S. so far this year.

full story http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/let...ildren-n466016
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Non-CircleJerk
Busybody

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
:: Gloomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaRainbow View Post
A Texas inmate was executed Wednesday for setting a fire that killed his 18-month-old daughter and her two young half-sisters at an East Texas home 15 years ago.

Raphael Holiday, 36, became the 13th convicted killer put to death this year in Texas, which carries out capital punishment more than any other state. It has accounted for half of all executions in the U.S. so far this year.

full story http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/let...ildren-n466016

He got off easy, being executed that way. He should have been thrown in a fire.
President Trump Jan 20 2017
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2016, 08:41 AM
JQ Registered User
Hope is a good thing, maybe
the best of things, and no
good thing ever dies

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
:: Inspired

Texas Executes Its First Inmate Of 2016 After Late Appeals

ByMICHAEL GRACZYKPublished
January 21, 2016, 8:06 AM EST

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) — A Texas man put to death Wednesday for a killing 15 years ago became the busy death penalty state's first prisoner executed in 2016.

Richard Masterson, 43, was pronounced dead at 6:53 p.m., 25 minutes after the lethal injection began.

"I'm all right with this," he said. "Sometimes you have to live and die by the choices you make. I made mine and I'm paying for it."

He said he was being sent "to a better place."

He mouthed a kiss to relatives and friends who were watching the execution through a window and told them he loved them. As the pentobarbital took effect, he began snoring. After about a dozen snores, he stopped moving.

Masterson had claimed the January 2001 strangulation of Darin Shane Honeycutt was accidental and had several appeals before the courts, including four with the U.S. Supreme Court. His last-day efforts to stop his execution
were rejected.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/te...st-2016-inmate
Old 03-22-2016, 09:22 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Texas plans Tuesday execution of man who killed city inspector

By Jon Herskovitz - 2 hours ago - March 22, 2016

Death row inmate Adam Ward is shown in this undated Texas Department of Criminal Justice photo.

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas plans to execute on Tuesday a convicted killer whose lawyers are appealing the death sentence, arguing that he was mentally ill when he shot a city code officer who had been sent out to inspect piles of garbage at the death row inmate's former home.

Adam Ward, 33, is set to be put to death by lethal injection at the state's death chamber in Huntsville at 6 p.m. local time. If the execution goes ahead, it would be the fifth this year in Texas, which has executed more offenders than any state after the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976.

Lawyers for Ward have filed an appeal to halt the execution, arguing he suffers from severe mental illness and executing him would run counter to U.S. constitutional protections against such moves.

"The crime for which Mr. Ward received the penalty of death was an act inextricable from the delusions and paranoia fed by his disabling bipolar disorder," lawyers for Ward said in a petition filed with the U.S. Supreme Court this month.

The Texas Attorney General's office has asked the court to allow the execution to proceed. It said that according to expert testimony provided at trial, Ward and his father, who shared a home, suffered similar delusions.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-plans-tu...110600340.html
Old 03-22-2016, 03:47 PM
JQ Registered User
No Trump 2016

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

I remember watching this story on one of the crime shows a few years ago. Father and son were big-time hoarders who racked up a lot of complaints and refused to comply with the city's codes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 PM
JQ Registered User
No Trump 2016

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

He was executed this evening.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2016, 11:30 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Dallas accountant Battaglia, who murdered his ‘little babies,’ to be executed Wednesday

Sarah Mervosh - March 29, 2016

A Dallas accountant who murdered his two young daughters while their mother listened on the phone is scheduled for execution Wednesday.

After 14 years on death row, John Battaglia, 60, is to die by lethal injection shortly after 6 p.m. in the nation’s busiest death chamber.

Battaglia’s crime horrified people in Dallas and beyond, attracting news coverage — much of it lurid — from around the world.

On the evening of May 2, 2001, the square-jawed former Marine repeatedly shot his daughters, 9-year-old Faith and 6-year-old Liberty, inside his Deep Ellum loft. He had arranged a call with his ex-wife, who listened on the phone as the older girl begged for mercy.

“No, Daddy! Don’t do it!” Faith pleaded, seconds before the phone line crackled with staccato gunfire.

A prosecutor later told jurors that it appeared the younger girl had been running for the door when she was felled.

After shooting his daughters, Battaglia headed to a nearby tattoo parlor to have two red roses etched into his arm — in memory, he said, of his little girls.

He left a message on his daughters’ answering machine that night. “Goodnight, my little babies,” he said. “I hope you are resting in a different place. I love you.”

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016...ednesday.html/

Good riddance
Old 03-30-2016, 01:36 PM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Execution stay issued for John Battaglia, Dallas man who murdered his ‘little babies’

Sarah MervoshFollow @smervoshEmail - Published: March 30, 2016 11:24 am

The former Dallas accountant scheduled to be put to death Wednesday for murdering his young daughters in 2001 has been issued a last-minute stay of execution.

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday granted John Battaglia a reprieve so his attorney can pursue claims that he should be spared because of mental health problems.

The state won’t challenge the stay, meaning Battaglia’s execution, which was scheduled for shortly after 6 p.m., will be postponed.

Battaglia shot and killed his daughters, 9-year-old Faith and 6-year-old Liberty, on May 2, 2001, in an act of vengeance against his ex-wife, who had been trying to have him arrested for violating his domestic violence probation.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/stay-of-execution-issued-for-john-battaglia-dallas-accountant-who-murdered-his-little-babies.html/
Old 04-04-2016, 09:10 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

John Battaglia, Texas Child Killer, Wins Execution Delay Over 'Delusions'

by Tracy Connor - 4/30/2016

A Texas man who killed his two daughters while their mother listened in horror on the phone got his execution postponed so he can try to prove he's too deranged to die.

John Battaglia, 60, was scheduled to receive a lethal injection Wednesday night for the 2001 murders of 9-year-old Mary Faith and 6-year-old Liberty.

But with just hours to go, the Fifth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Battaglia is entitled to a new lawyer who can investigate whether he is competent to go to the death chamber.

The appeals panel said it was not ruling on the merits of his incompetency claim but noted that he "has presented some evidence of mental illness and delusions."

"His newly appointed counsel may locate and produce more," the court wrote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/john-battaglia-texas-child-killer-wins-execution-delay-over-delusions-n548046

Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

delusions, my ass.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:26 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Texas 'vampire' killer set for execution Wednesday

Michael Graczyk, Associated Press 1:45 a.m. EDT April 6, 2016

A Texas man who told police that voices convinced him to kill a 12-year-old boy and drink his blood is facing lethal injection this week in Huntsville, Texas.

Pablo Lucio Vasquez said he was high and drunk when he killed David Cardenas in 1998.

The 38-year-old Vasquez is set for execution Wednesday evening.

Cardenas was a friend of Vasquez’s 15-year-old cousin, and the killing occurred after all three left a party together.
His would be the nation’s 11th execution this year, and the sixth in Texas.

Courts as recent as last month have rejected arguments Vasquez was mentally ill and should be exempt from the death penalty.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...sday/82690874/
Old 04-06-2016, 02:40 PM
JQ Registered User
Drop dead Fred

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
:: Cool

I read that the attorney for this animal is hoping for a stay. He's a monster and needs death NOW. Same with the one from last week. They've had all these years on death row to prove they are mentally incompetent and they haven't. Let's get the show on the road and put these rabid monsters to death.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2016, 10:37 PM
JQ Registered User
Drop dead Fred

He's in hell now.

http://www.khou.com/mb/news/local/te...sday/122162167
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2016, 10:41 PM
JQ Registered User
Drop dead Fred

Get ready Battaglia. You can only postpone for so long. Vasquez got the gurney warm for you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2016, 07:23 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Texas man executed for 'vampire' murder

Jolie McCullough, The Texas Tribune , WFAA 7:41 PM. CDT April 06, 2016

Twelve-year-old David Cardenas was still alive when his killer drank the blood from his wounds, according to a videotaped confession Pablo Lucio Vasquez later gave police. After Cardenas' April 1998 murder, his body was mutilated and buried in a shallow grave in Donna, Texas.

Vasquez, who admitted slitting Cardenas’ throat and beating him to death before stealing a ring and chain from the body, was executed Wednesday for the crime. He was 38.

“I started hearing voices in my head, and I told my cousin that somebody was telling me to kill him,” Vasquez said in his confession.

After his final appeals were denied by the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday afternoon, Vasquez was strapped to a gurney in the Huntsville Unit shortly after 6 p.m. He was injected with a lethal dose of pentobarbital and pronounced dead at 6:35 p.m.

In his final statement, he thanked his family and apologized to Cardenas' family.

"This is the only way that I can be forgiven," he said from the execution chamber. "You got your justice right here."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas...rder/123133162
Old 03-05-2017, 02:20 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
:: Awesome

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_r...xecutions.html

Scheduled executions for Texas in 2017
Reply With Quote top