Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. ***HUNG JURY 10/16***State of MS v Quentin Tellis, Capital Murder Charge - Jessica Chambers - Page 3 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > We the Jury

We the Jury Current Trials, Appeals and Civil Trials

Old 10-11-2017, 06:25 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

King found the keys in a ditch near his home called police shortly after. Dna was taken from him his gf and small child, Dna was found from tellis on them.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:42 PM
JQ Registered User
Jq

:: Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEx5 View Post
After now hearing the 3rd or 4th first responder say she said ERIK did ths, I sure hope we will find out that Quinton was called ERIK by his friends.
I thought the same thing...or
She only knew him 2 weeks.. I bet that's the name he told her.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Administrator
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbump View Post
King found the keys in a ditch near his home called police shortly after. Dna was taken from him his gf and small child, Dna was found from tellis on them.
Thanks for this info. Makes sense now

JQ TOS
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Non-CircleJerk
Busybody

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
:: Gloomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaCee View Post

That is exactly what I thought.
President Trump Jan 20 2017

Last edited by Brattinella; 10-11-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Quote did not work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2017, 01:02 AM
JQ Registered User
Post~N~Run Champ!

Location: War does not determine who is right - only who is left
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post

Listening to the testimony I posted a link (post# 36) to about those keys -- seems to me there is going to be a chain of custody issue.

The officer that took photos of the crime scene received the keys from someone named King that were kept at his/her house???
This I haven't heard. 'Tossed' is what I heard.

Video surveillance footage and DNA evidence found on Chambers’ car keys near the scene will likely play a role in Tellis’ prosecution, lead detective Barry Thompson told CNN in the special report “Justice for Jessica,” which airs Sunday at 9 p.m. ET on HLN with correspondent Randi Kaye.

http://whnt.com/2017/10/09/justice-f...sissippi-teen/

Squirrley
9/20/1996 ~ 3/31/2014

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2017, 03:23 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
:: Happy

They had sex in her car that afternoon. DNA could be anywhere and everywhere.
She knew his full name.

Not finding 'Eric' may be the undoing of the state's case.

I'm pretty sure the jurors are waiting for Eric to appear.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Administrator
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MKay View Post

This I haven't heard. 'Tossed' is what I heard.

Video surveillance footage and DNA evidence found on Chambers’ car keys near the scene will likely play a role in Tellis’ prosecution, lead detective Barry Thompson told CNN in the special report “Justice for Jessica,” which airs Sunday at 9 p.m. ET on HLN with correspondent Randi Kaye.

http://whnt.com/2017/10/09/justice-f...sissippi-teen/
I think you misunderstood my post. My post was referring to the firefighter who was testifying. He took photos of the crime scene and there was a picture of the keys where they allegedly were found and he was questioned about them.

The King person actually found the keys and took them home and then brought them to the guy taking photos and he placed them in a spot where the King person told him he found them. During the testimony it was not revealed who the King person was but then logbump explained who the King person was.

The keys should have never been removed from the site as they are considered evidence thus the comment I made about chain of custody

ETA: Here is the testimony re: the keys (more at link)

Jerry King lived near the crime scene and on December 8, 2014, he testified that he was strolling his 1 yr old daughter down Herron Road when he noticed a pink string lying about five feet off the road and in a ditch. The string was attached to a set of keys. Later at his home his girlfriend noticed that there was a Chambers auto repair tag on this set of keys. After hearing of this brutal crime that had occurred 2 days prior and knowing the name of the victim he then realized he had found the car keys belonging to Jessica Chambers. He notified the sheriff’s department and subsequently showed them the location in which the keys had been found.
During cross examination by the defense, the defense asked whether or not Mr. King knew at the time the keys he found belonged to Jessica Chambers. Mr King testified he did not realize it until after his “baby momma” brought it to his attention when he got back home. He stated that he thought maybe it was something valuable by the “shiney-ness” and he retrieved them simple because he thought they may be of (monetary) value. The responding deputy that came to pick up the keys, Tyler mills, had Mr. King go back out to where he “thought” he had found them, place the keys back into the ditch at which time Mills took photos of the keys in the ditch. King stated he then went back home.

https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/live...s-trial-day-2/

JQ TOS

Last edited by Athena; 10-12-2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: eta - posted testimony
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Administrator
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaCee View Post

A friend though that testified that she was introduced to Quintin by Jessica. I would think had he been introduced as "Eric" she would have said that

The next witness to take the stand was Kesha Myers. Ms. Myers testified that she was a close friend of Jessica Chambers and was introduced to Quinton Tellis through her. She also stated that Tellis was in the car when Chambers picked her up at about 10 that morning. The trio rode around to “just hang out” and smoke marijuana for about 1-2 hours. They dropped Tellis off first on Hwy 51 near M & M grocery. She elaborated that Chambers also got out of the car and exchanged a hug with Tellis adding that although the hug appeared to be reciprocated, she had the feeling Chambers was afraid to hug Tellis.

https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/rec...-murder-trial/

JQ TOS
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2017, 04:31 PM
JQ Registered User
Jq

Quote:

A friend though that testified that she was introduced to Quintin by Jessica. I would think had he been introduced as "Eric" she would have said that

The next witness to take the stand was Kesha Myers. Ms. Myers testified that she was a close friend of Jessica Chambers and was introduced to Quinton Tellis through her. She also stated that Tellis was in the car when Chambers picked her up at about 10 that morning. The trio rode around to “just hang out” and smoke marijuana for about 1-2 hours. They dropped Tellis off first on Hwy 51 near M & M grocery. She elaborated that Chambers also got out of the car and exchanged a hug with Tellis adding that although the hug appeared to be reciprocated, she had the feeling Chambers was afraid to hug Tellis.

https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/rec...-murder-trial/
True.. Im sure the state would have known if he was known as Eric by Jessica.
Eric Hill who is the Friend of Quinton must have had an alibi for that evening. I wonder if he was with them earlier?? I just cant figure out why she would say "eric" is the one who did this. It's bugging me.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:22 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Autopsy photos awful, she could not have spoken clearly at all, IMO
Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
:: Happy

They questioned maybe 15 Erics but can't remember just how many. There is no list the detective knows of.
Cathy‏ @CCLawNewz

Cathy Retweeted Ian Ripple
This is incredible!

Cathy added,

Ian Ripple @Ripple1026
There is no list of the Eric or Derricks that were questioned, it was a rough guess. "I don't have a numbered list." #JessicaChambers

#JessicaChambers - The state recalls Major Barry Thompson, lead investigator.

RMILLA‏ @rachaelmilla
JESSICA CHAMBERS w/Sex Offender DERRICK GOINGHARD HOLMES Wonder if he knew QUINT GOHARD TELLIS? #JusticeforJessica

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2017, 07:21 PM
JQ Registered User
Jq

Hmmm so a Derrick , Arick and Eric all associates to Quinton-
Old 10-12-2017, 07:34 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbump View Post
Autopsy photos awful, she could not have spoken clearly at all, IMO
I am with you on this. Yesterday early.......someone witnessed her say something.....they figured out what she was saying but it didn't sound at all what they figured out she said. I can't remember if it was this witness or another right after that described her lips looked like leather....and it sounded like she couldn't form the word because her tongue could not go to the roof of her mouth. Testimony will be coming that will just be heartbreaking.....IMO
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2017, 08:24 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Just watching this questioning is driving me nuts
Which way did you turn
Turning north,
Turning south and on and on
Why is there not a map these witnesses can point to??
Most people on the jury are not from there, people are visual, I just don’t get it!
And chewing gum on the witness stand?? How disrespectful and inappropriate!
Jmo
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2017, 06:53 AM
JQ Registered User
Post~N~Run Champ!

Location: War does not determine who is right - only who is left
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Sad

Quote:

I think you misunderstood my post. My post was referring to the firefighter who was testifying. He took photos of the crime scene and there was a picture of the keys where they allegedly were found and he was questioned about them.

The King person actually found the keys and took them home and then brought them to the guy taking photos and he placed them in a spot where the King person told him he found them. During the testimony it was not revealed who the King person was but then logbump explained who the King person was.

The keys should have never been removed from the site as they are considered evidence thus the comment I made about chain of custody

ETA: Here is the testimony re: the keys (more at link)

Jerry King lived near the crime scene and on December 8, 2014, he testified that he was strolling his 1 yr old daughter down Herron Road when he noticed a pink string lying about five feet off the road and in a ditch. The string was attached to a set of keys. Later at his home his girlfriend noticed that there was a Chambers auto repair tag on this set of keys. After hearing of this brutal crime that had occurred 2 days prior and knowing the name of the victim he then realized he had found the car keys belonging to Jessica Chambers. He notified the sheriff’s department and subsequently showed them the location in which the keys had been found.
During cross examination by the defense, the defense asked whether or not Mr. King knew at the time the keys he found belonged to Jessica Chambers. Mr King testified he did not realize it until after his “baby momma” brought it to his attention when he got back home. He stated that he thought maybe it was something valuable by the “shiney-ness” and he retrieved them simple because he thought they may be of (monetary) value. The responding deputy that came to pick up the keys, Tyler mills, had Mr. King go back out to where he “thought” he had found them, place the keys back into the ditch at which time Mills took photos of the keys in the ditch. King stated he then went back home.

https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/live...s-trial-day-2/
I sure did!
Thanks for the link.
Haven't been watching the trial since we don't have unlimited internet.

Squirrley
9/20/1996 ~ 3/31/2014

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2017, 07:00 AM
JQ Registered User
Jq

Yesterday the Jury went on a field trip to all the areas mentioned in testimony. I think that does help them get a better understanding of the area.
Also the Camera man, upon their return ,was fined 100.00 and 30 days in jail-suspended for filming the Jury.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Administrator
On A Justice Quest.

LawNewz is posting daily recaps of the trial and I have put them all here to keep them together - no discussion. To discuss can copy from them and discuss in this thread. Hope it helps.

http://justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95200

JQ TOS
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2017, 03:04 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

This case has me more interested then I thought it would.

This interview is done very well. He can't give a good story for what he did that day. Now the phone pings have him lying.

Prosecution doing a good job................IMO
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Administrator
On A Justice Quest.

Dang -- one of the most important answers and they couldn't make it out because the sound was distorted. Maybe it will be addressed during cross ......

During Tellis' interview he does bring up a Derrick Holmes that Jessica did not like and vice versa

If you killed her than you were the last person to see her alive.If you didn’t kill her then you were the next to the last person to see her alive. Tellis said he didn’t know who did it. Then the investigators asks for the two weeks Tellis saw Jessica how much time did he spend with her. Tellis just said they rode around a few times.

They then read Tellis his rights. The investigators asks Tellis if Jessica had any trouble with anybody. Tellis said the only one he could think of was Derrick Holmes What would she say about him? Just as Tellis tries to answer the audio on the video became extremely distorted and the listener wasn’t able to make out his answer.

https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/live...s-trial-day-4/

JQ TOS
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2017, 07:04 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

WOW..........I m convinced

Great day for the prosecution today. The interviews are long to listen to.....but done so professionally , impressive.

Court in session tomorrow........with cross examination

The weather here in Boston is sooooo beautiful I can't believe I gave it up to watch the interviews. And will watch tomorrow.
Reply With Quote top