Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. 5 dead, at least 10 injured after shooting in multiple locations in rural Northern California - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Headlines > It's Criminal

It's Criminal This is a forum in itself!

Old 11-14-2017, 03:11 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update 5 dead, at least 10 injured after shooting in multiple locations in rural Northern California

RED BLUFF, Calif. (KABC) --
Authorities said three people have been killed in shootings at multiple locations in rural Northern California. Students were also shot and wounded at an elementary school.
The suspected shooter was killed, police said.

http://abc7.com/3-dead-multiple-stud...ornia/2647030/
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2017, 03:12 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

Oh God, no not again

oh, man - it's an elementary school
Old 11-14-2017, 03:22 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

"Five people have been killed, including the shooter, in a small community about 15 miles southwest of Red Bluff.

Undersheriff Phil Johnston with the Tehama County Sheriff's Office said there were seven shooting scenes and there may be more victims.

Two children were also shot and wounded, he confirmed.

The shooting started shortly after 8 a.m., according to a Tehama County sheriff's deputy, who confirmed two children have been hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

"It's a very sad day for us in Tehama County," said the unnamed deputy, who was visibly shaken by events.

There were at least 100 law enforcement officers at the scene, the deputy said. The FBI also "is sending some teams up to assist at the request of Tehama County authorities," said Jason Wandel, chief division counsel at the FBI's Sacramento field office.

"Multiple shots were fired in Rancho Tehama. That evolved into multiple victims and multiple shots at the school," said the deputy. "I am told the suspected shooter is deceased from law enforcement bullets."

Brian Flint said he got a call in the morning that his roommate was injured and that his truck had been stolen. It turned out his neighbor was the gunman, Flint said.

“The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” Flint said. “We made it aware that this guy is crazy and he’s been threatening us.” ..."

http://www.redding.com/story/news/lo...ama/862125001/

I also read that the gunman was out on bail for a stabbing - don't know why they didn't revoke the bail when he was shooting his gun off and acting crazy...
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Johnston did not have a total number of victims, but said that "a number" of students had been medically evacuated from the scene.
"We have about 100 law enforcement personnel in Rancho Tehama right now with multiple, multiple scenes," Johnston said.

"I know that we have [airlifted] a number of students," he told reporters. "I know that we have children that were attending school in a safe location at this time."

Officials said the Rancho Tehama area remains on lockdown.

"We have had an active shooter incident at Rancho Tehama Elementary this morning," read a statement from the Corning Union Elementary School District website. "There are confirmed injuries. We are cooperating with law enforcement during this investigation but do not have specific details at this time."

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/...114-story.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2017, 04:29 PM
JQ Registered User
May you walk in Love and Light

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
:: Doh

Red Bluff shooting spree leaves 5 dead, including gunman, multiple others injured at 7 locations in Tehama County

http://abc7.com/2647030/
Old 11-14-2017, 04:43 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Jim Schultz @JimSchultz_RS
Resident Casey Burnett said gunman was driving around and shooting randomly from his car.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:24 PM
Administrator
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Four people were killed and at least two children were shot after a gunman opened fire through classroom windows at a Rancho Tehama, California elementary school after shooting elsewhere first, including into a vehicle. Sheriff’s officials say he was “randomly picking targets” throughout town. Ten people are hospitalized.

The school was on lockdown after the mass shooting that encompassed seven chaotic scenes with multiple victims and ended up at the elementary school. No children were among the deceased. One of the children was shot at the school and one in a vehicle,

More at link: http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/rancho...school-deaths/

JQ TOS
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2017, 08:05 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

More info at this link:
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...g-12356603.php
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:28 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
:: Bored

Lemme guess - a poverty-stricken school with mostly minority students? I've been out of the loop for most of the day, but this is quite obvious to me because the news channels aren't covering it wall-to-wall.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:53 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportwoman View Post
Lemme guess - a poverty-stricken school with mostly minority students? I've been out of the loop for most of the day, but this is quite obvious to me because the news channels aren't covering it wall-to-wall.

Hmmm. This has not crossed my mind.
There is coverage here - see my link above. Local TV here also have it as their lead story.
Prayers for all affected.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:20 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
:: Confused

Quote:

I'm not sure about the poverty stricken school part. If there are at least 7 places where he open fired from his car, I guess shooting through any school's windows would work for him. I could be wrong though.

Somehow, with people alerting authorities, we need have LE be pro-active from the start.

Figure out some way to put surveillance on people that shoot off hundreds of rounds of ammo while out on bail for an offense, as well as others.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2017, 01:56 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

gunman's mother says son was frustrated by feud with neighbors
he called her the day before and said he's on a cliff and there's no where to go -it's all over now

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...ZnC&ocid=ientp
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2017, 01:13 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Here's another link to the latest (7:45am Pacific) on this incident:

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...g-12356603.php
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2017, 01:31 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

thank God the staff and teachers locked down the school so quickly...
Old 11-15-2017, 04:18 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
:: Curious

Chilling details in this article. Man, I can imagine what it would be like to be attacked by a mad man with lots of gun power. Just terrifying. And for the kids! OMG. What pure terror.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/us/cal...ngs/index.html

I also read that his mom lives in my area in NC. Did he really have a diagnosis or was he just very agitated and violent. Seems he knew his way around a courthouse.
Quote:
Alleged California gunman called mom in Raleigh, apologized before attack

http://www.wral.com/alleged-californ...tack/17115953/
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2017, 08:09 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
:: Bored

The death toll has risen to six. I heard on NBC News that the shooter's wife was found dead in the crawl space of their house; they estimated that she died, most likely from him, the previous day.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2017, 12:29 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
The death toll has risen to six. I heard on NBC News that the shooter's wife was found dead in the crawl space of their house; they estimated that she died, most likely from him, the previous day.
wow - so he killed his wife and buried/hid her in the crawl space... then went on his rampage.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2017, 01:12 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
:: Curious

Yes, supposedly, he called his mom in Raleigh, NC and told her that he was sorry, but, he was going to do some terrible things. (I'm looking for details now.) His SISTER was on our local news last night and gave a lot of info about him and his history. She said he called his mom every day. He was a real piece of work. They say due to mental illness. He GREW UP IN RALEIGH. He had a pretty bad criminal record here and so he moved out west 12 years ago. Got into more trouble there.

Then sister days that MOTHER BAILED him out of jail recently. If she had not done that, he would not have been out and able to kill people When I heard this, my blood pressure went up. His mom KNOWS he is unstable and violent and she bails him out of jail. OMG. No wonder she feels so bad for the victims. She should.

Here's the interview link:
Quote:
Quote:
Sister of California gunman: 'We're broken-hearted for those families'

http://www.wral.com/sister-of-califo...ies-/17115953/
Reply With Quote top