Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. (Unidentified) Victims of John Wayne Gacy - Page 3 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Missing, NOT forgotten > Who am I? > Who Am I? 1969 to 1978

Old 09-23-2015, 03:17 PM
JQ Registered User
I miss you Mom

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Fine

John Wayne Gacy investigation brings break in California cold case

An effort to identify the remains of young men murdered by serial killer John Wayne Gacy in the 1970s has led to a break in the unrelated case of a teenager found shot to death in San Francisco 36 years ago.

The Cook County Sheriff's office announced Wednesday that DNA tests revealed a "genetic association" between the remains of the previously unidentified teen and Dr. Willa Wertheimer, who submitted her DNA to the office in 2011.

At the time, Sheriff Tom Dart said he had exhumed the remains of eight of Gacy's 33 victims who had never been identified and asked relatives of young men who vanished in the 1970s to submit to DNA testing in hopes of finding a match.

That led to the identification of one of the eight, William George Bundy, within weeks of the exhumations, but the Wertheimer's DNA did not match any of them. Then late last year, the San Francisco Medical Examiner's office submitted tissue samples of unidentified people who had died there, including from a young man who was shot to death in 1979.

Like the samples from the unidentified Gacy victims, those samples were uploaded into a federal database, and Dart's office was notified in May of a genetic association between Wertheimer and the San Francisco remains. Wertheimer's half-brother Andre "Andy" Drath had disappeared after traveling from Chicago to San Francisco. Dental records, an "Andy" tattoo and records that show he had traveled to San Francisco helped to confirm his identification.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...&dlvrit=649324

At least the asshat led to some closure for some families

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-19-2017, 10:52 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

John Wayne Gacy Victim Is Identified After Four Decades

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/u...imes&smtyp=cur
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2017, 11:58 AM
JQ Registered User
Follow the money or lover

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
:: Awesome

From this original post on this thread - does anyone know which John Doe he was?

ETA: I think he was either 960 or 962.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:11 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevAnn View Post
From this original post on this thread - does anyone know which John Doe he was?

ETA: I think he was either 960 or 962.
it looks like 962 was identified by 2014 - so my bet is 960.

"As of 2014, this victim and six others remain unidentified: 954UMIL, 955UMIL, 956UMIL, 957UMIL, 958UMIL, and 960UMIL."
Old 07-20-2017, 06:46 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Amazed

So glad some of these victims are being identified. What a long, sad, horrible ordeal for the families. Gacy was a horrible man. Too many horrible people in our world.
Reply With Quote top