Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Is the mystery of DB Cooper about to be solved? FBI reveals it has new suspect 40 years after America’s most elusive fugitive parachuted from a hijack - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > Conspiracy Theories and more

Conspiracy Theories and more From the Illuminati to Marylyn Monroe, history is filled with conspiracies and secrets. Psychics and Mystics, Ghosts and mysteries.... Discuss those here.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is the mystery of DB Cooper about to be solved? FBI reveals it has new suspect 40 years after America’s most elusive fugitive parachuted from a hijack

The FBI today revealed that it believes it has America's most elusive fugitive finally in its sights 40 years after famed hijacker DB Cooper disappeared when he jumped out of a plane over Washington.

Investigators said that they are testing the fingerprints of a new suspect after what they said is the 'most promising' lead to date in its bid to crack America's only unsolved hijacking.

A mystery hijacker calling himself Dan Cooper, also known as DB Cooper, boarded a Northwest flight in Portland for a flight to Seattle on the night of November 24 1974, and commandeered the plane, claiming he had dynamite.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1Te8kPaP9
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2011, 12:53 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
:: Lurking

Thanks, Jeana, I'm off to read this. I have always been so fascinated with this mystery!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:00 AM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousCat View Post
Thanks, Jeana, I'm off to read this. I have always been so fascinated with this mystery!
Welcome darlin!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2011, 01:07 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wow I was 20 when this happened and remember it well. DB Cooper was kind of a folk hero then. We were all pulling for him NOT to get caught ...ever...I hope it remains a mystery Just the aging rebel in me I guess....

All my posts are JMVHO

Last edited by cassidy; 07-31-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned Camp
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking

Wicked! I would love to hear if he made it out alive or not. If they have prints and they are checking them its very possible they have a live subject.
(wow)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
JQ Registered User
Princess

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
:: Angelic

I searched and searched for years to find DB and his money... And even though I wasn't born when he skyjacked the plane it was on the news every November - which is probably where my obsession began. No one ever told me that I would never find the man or money in my grandparents creek in southern oregon. Oh what fun childhood memories.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 PM
JQ Registered User
Team Aubrey!

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
:: Artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roenick View Post
I searched and searched for years to find DB and his money... And even though I wasn't born when he skyjacked the plane it was on the news every November - which is probably where my obsession began. No one ever told me that I would never find the man or money in my grandparents creek in southern oregon. Oh what fun childhood memories.
I told my brother it was hidden near the water at my parents lake house, which is in the ozarks and you almost need a passport to get there. It's like being in Deliverance with Tom Arnold as the mayor. My brother finally caught on when he was about 10 that DB Cooper's jump was no where near the Ozarks.

I almost don't want DB Cooper to get caught. The legend lives on, let it go.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
:: Amazed

I'm not sure if I want it to be him or not.

Quote:
The FBI is investigating whether a dead man in the U.S. Pacific Northwest is D.B. Cooper, who hijacked a passenger jet in 1971 over Washington state and parachuted with $200,000 in ransom.
Cooper has never been found.
FBI agent Fred Gutt said Monday the bureau is following up a "credible" lead in the unsolved case and is focused on a suspect who died more than 10 years ago.

Gutt said the bureau received a tip from a retired law enforcement source about the dead man possibly being Cooper. FBI agents requested personal effects of the possible suspect, who died of natural causes.
The FBI is trying to find fingerprints or DNA on the dead man's effects to compare with items the hijacker left behind. The FBI said three years ago that it found DNA evidence on the clip-on necktie Cooper left on the plane before he jumped.
Gutt said the FBI has already tested one item of the dead man's belongings for fingerprints. It was not conclusive. They are now working with surviving family members to gather other items for further testing.
The suspect is someone who has not been previously investigated, and Gutt said initial vetting supported the belief of the tipster. But he cautioned that the new lead may not pan out and that investigators were still pursuing other possibilities.
"Maybe this is just someone else who just happened to look like him and whose life story just kind of paralleled," Gutt said.
Gutt said the new lead is also promising because of the way it came to the FBI. The tipster initially discussed the case with a retired law enforcement officer who then contacted the FBI. Only after the FBI contacted the witness directly did the person discuss the Cooper case with investigators.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/01...#ixzz1TsTUQ1ZR
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I'm not sure if I want it to be him or not.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/01...#ixzz1TsTUQ1ZR
He's a legend. I don't want this to be him. Let the legend live.

All my posts are JMVHO
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 AM
JQ Registered User
Drop dead Fred

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
:: Cool

D.B. Cooper DNA Results: 'Not A Match'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/db-cooper-d...ry?id=14258726

Perhaps the last, best forensic evidence in the case of infamous hijacker D.B. Cooper has proved to be just another inconclusive, frustrating lead in the decades-long investigation.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2011, 11:02 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
:: Amazed

I read about the results yesterday, but I was surprised they still think it may be him. It really makes you wonder.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2011, 03:44 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

I think that the photo looks a lot like the composite.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned Camp
On A Justice Quest.

In light of what is going on in the world now, the DB incident seems so innocent.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Banned Camp
On A Justice Quest.

Kenny Christiansen was likely the "real" DB Cooper - GREAT New York Magazine story (and pic side-by-side with the composite of Cooper) here. Yet the FBI refuses to perform the necessary DNA test to confirm. I've followed this case quite closely, and the book Into the Blast also makes a good case for Christiansen being Cooper.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:57 AM
JQ Registered User
Follow the money or lover

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
:: Awesome

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/db-...t5R&ocid=ientp

They think they found a piece of a parachute strap, that might have been his. These guys seem to think he is Robert Rackstraw.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:17 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

check out Bob Rackstraw on FB. What a character!