Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Upate: Arrest Made - Denise Huskins, Vallejo, CA-Reportedly Kidnapped, Held for Ransom - Page 59 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Headlines > It's Criminal

It's Criminal This is a forum in itself!

Old 09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Thinking

As predicted, attorneys for a couple abducted from their home in Vallejo this spring filed a claim against the city of Vallejo and its police department, claiming those officials waged a "waged a vicious and shocking attack on two victims of a terrifying home invasion, kidnapping and rape" by not believing them and telling the public their tale was a hoax.

The claim also asserts that Vallejo police bungled the case so badly, that they lost a sex assault medical test to prove that the woman who was kidnapped had been raped twice.

A claim is a precursor to a lawsuit, and the 26-page document was filed Thursdayby the San Francisco law firm, Kerr and Wagstaffe, on behalf of Denise Huskins and her boyfriend, Aaron Quinn, who were kidnapped on March 23 and later set free by their captor or captors. The claim also targets specific officers: Detective Matthew Mustard, Lt. Kenny Park and Officer Garcia, whose first name was not known.

The story was so wild that Vallejo police said the bizarre events were made up. In fact, the claim uses a March 25 statement made by Park at a news conference when he stated: "Mr. Quinn and Ms. Huskins have plundered valuable resources away from our community, and has taken the focus away from the true victims of our community, while instilling fear amongst our community members. So, if anything, it is Mr. Quinn and Ms. Huskins that owes this community an apology.”

In July however, the FBI arrested Matthew Muller as the key suspect in the couple’s abduction, though he has not been formally charged in that case. He is being held in a separate matter following a home invasion in Dublin.

Neither the Vallejo police nor the mayor have publicly apologized to Huskins and Quinn. But the Chief of Police Andrew Bidou did write Quinn and Huskins a letter on July 20, which was submitted as evidence, to "apologize" for the comments made by police, which proved to be "unnecessarily harsh and offensive." Bidou wrote that once Muller has been charged in the Vallejo case, he hopes that the “VPD will make our apology to you public."

Park deferred his comments on Thursday to the city of Vallejo, though no one immediately responded to the allegations made in the claim.

more at link and the documents

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...owTwt_BAYBrand
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2015, 03:31 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Thinking

The suspect at the center of a kidnap case out of Vallejo, Calif. entered a no contest plea on Friday in a separate matter stemming from a Dublin home invasion. The Alameda County Superior Court hearing in Hayward was delayed for a short while as Matthew Muller felt woozy, but his attorney Tom Johnson said he ended up pleading no contest, essentially a guilty plea, to four counts of battery, robbery and assault. Johsnson said that Muller suffers from mental illness. He could face a maximum of 11 years in prison for a June break-in at a home on Terracina Avenue when police say he tried to tie up a homeowner and his wife with zip ties. "He became faint and sat down," Johnson told reporters and photographers outside in the hallway as cameras were not allowed in the courtroom of Judge Joseph Hurley. "It's unfortunate that he became faint. Court is stressful. But he recovered quickly." Johnson added that Muller is "pleased it's over," and while he wouldn't explain why he plead no contest, he told reporters that everything his client is doing is with an "eye on federal court," a reference to pending charges in a wild Vallejo kidnapping story. snipped Muller is expected to appear in federal court in Sacramento on Monday in that case. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...owTwt_BAYBrand
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2015, 04:18 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
:: Amazed

yeah this guys a real criminal mastermind.

still not buying it. sorry....this guy is a dupe in a game imo
new england patriots: superbowl champions 2001 2003 2004 2014 afc champions 1985 1996 2001 2003 2004 2007 2011 2014 2016 afc/afl east champions 1963 1978 1986 1996 1997 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2015, 12:16 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Vallejo ‘Gone Girl’ Kidnapping Suspect Pleads Not Guilty

Muller was brought to court today with both his hands and feet shackled, as was also the case at a previous appearance last month.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ds-not-guilty/

I can't help myself, I still don't believe he did this

On the tv a bit ago, a news station stated he was charged with kidnapping and rape....I believe they must have misspoke, as I have not seen anything about rape anywhere
Old 10-06-2015, 01:26 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliekan View Post
Vallejo ‘Gone Girl’ Kidnapping Suspect Pleads Not Guilty

Muller was brought to court today with both his hands and feet shackled, as was also the case at a previous appearance last month.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ds-not-guilty/

I can't help myself, I still don't believe he did this

On the tv a bit ago, a news station stated he was charged with kidnapping and rape....I believe they must have misspoke, as I have not seen anything about rape anywhere
The rapes (twice) were brought up earlier when everything came to light with the arrest of Muller....during the time when there was the PC and both Denise and Aaron were present, holding hands. It's all on a few pages back.

Incredibly bizarre story.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2015, 01:34 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Here is the arrest warrant/affidavit...60 pages
Rapes are included.

http://documents.latimes.com/la-affi...atthew-muller/
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2015, 02:29 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lune3 View Post
Here is the arrest warrant/affidavit...60 pages
Rapes are included.

http://documents.latimes.com/la-affi...atthew-muller/
so where are the other people that were with Muller during the kidnapping?

and it wasn't Muller that raped her, it was an accomplice (per Denise)
Old 10-06-2015, 09:24 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

so he did this according to phone records, evidence, etc.....with who?

and why do they keep saying captor or captors? I guess because the BF testimony vs her testimony. once again makes me go hmmmmm. I wish I could let it go, lol.

in her statement she talks about others being there, and one of them having sex with her after serving wine and pizza; she never saw his face but said he was white with brownish red hair and no accent. he was also the one to drop her off when they released her, and the "cardboard" taped to her eyes was never found, even though LE was called by her father, iirc, after she called him, and NOT LE. then she leaves instead of talking to LE because she was afraid of what would go "public" afterwards.

who would not think this is way off? maybe the abductors are just that nutso

I've waited all day for @j4kbl

Last edited by juliekan; 10-06-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2015, 09:55 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

julie i agree. this is total bullshit.
new england patriots: superbowl champions 2001 2003 2004 2014 afc champions 1985 1996 2001 2003 2004 2007 2011 2014 2016 afc/afl east champions 1963 1978 1986 1996 1997 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2016, 09:13 AM
JQ Registered User
Hope is a good thing, maybe
the best of things, and no
good thing ever dies

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
:: Inspired

Police called this couple’s kidnapping story a hoax. Now, the couple is suing

Sarah Larimer21 hrs ago - 3/25/16

Aaron Quinn called police in March 2015 and reported a kidnapping, saying that his girlfriend, Denise Huskins, had been taken from his California home.

Authorities launched a search, with a dive team, dogs and dozens of personnel. A couple days later, though, Huskins turned up in Huntington Beach, hundreds of miles from her last known location in the San Francisco Bay area.

The story didn’t end there, though. The kidnapping, police in Vallejo, Calif., then suggested, was actually a hoax. In a statement, Vallejo Police Lt. Ken Park called it an “orchestrated event.”

But the ordeal was real, law enforcement later concluded.

Months after the kidnapping was first reported, a California man was charged in connection with the incident. And now Huskins and Quinn have filed a federal lawsuit against the city of Vallejo, claiming that the police department Quinn contacted for help violated their civil rights.

“The Vallejo police attacked Denise and Aaron when they were most vulnerable,” the couple’s attorney Kevin Clune said in a statement. “By taking the all-too-common approach of blaming the victim, Vallejo made an already tragic situation infinitely worse.”

The defendants in the lawsuit attacked Quinn, Huskins and their families, and “created a destructive nationwide media frenzy,” according to the court filing. Their actions forced Quinn and Huskins to move and caused professional and personal hardship, the lawsuit claims.

The city and its police department “waged a vicious and shocking attack” on two victims of a crime, the lawsuit states.

It continued: “As part of its continuous pattern of malicious and unlawful conduct, Defendants violated Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn’s constitutional rights and unfairly destroyed their reputations through an outrageous and wholly unfounded campaign of disparagement.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...ing/ar-BBqS3yH
Old 03-28-2016, 12:07 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

at least they didnt spend 7 and a half years in prison for it.

this case still stinks to me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2016, 08:37 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Good for them! Didn't this come to light when it happened to a second person?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2016, 02:42 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
:: Breezy

This is going to trial in January 2017. For now, the judge rejected the defense's motion to suppress evidence on the grounds that searching his phone violated his privacy.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/...-case/40194332

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...e85590267.html

And he has not been charged with rape, just the kidnapping. Maybe if the rape kit hadn't been lost...

Last edited by Sugarfizz; 07-14-2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added better link
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2017, 04:54 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

September 29, 2016

Matthew Muller pleaded guilty to one count of kidnapping Thursday at U.S. District Court.

Muller will be sentenced Jan. 19 by U.S. District Judge Troy Nunley.

Although he faces a maximum penalty of life in prison and a $250,000 fine, prosecutors asked the judge Thursday to not issue a sentence of more than 40 years in accordance with the plea deal.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/2...o-kidnap-case/

i do not see what he was sentenced to anywhere....
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

:: Cheerful

Sentenced : http://kutv.com/news/nation-world/ma...describes-hell
Old 03-20-2017, 02:42 PM
JQ Registered User
Follow the money or lover

:: Awesome

Wow, they found video of him raping Denise. Glad it was proven for sure - I too wondered if this was real, as it was just SO bizarre. But it seems it was...and it was very bizarre. Crazy