Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jeffrey MacDonald - Page 124 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > Conspiracy Theories and more > Cases that Haunt us

Old 03-04-2017, 11:38 AM
I Banned Toby I am still the goddess
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 383 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
:: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I don't think it was planned in advance. I think it started as an argument that got out of hand. Then, he had to cover up the crimes, which resulted in the intentional death of his toddler daughter and the use of multiple weapons to make it look like multiple people. Hence the overkill aspect of this crime.

That said, he did have affairs. He was stressed. And I found it interesting that his life post murders bore almost no resemblance to his life prior.
Also if memory serves me ... Wasn't he also taking speed to keep up with the demands of his job and family?
Old 03-04-2017, 01:34 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Fine
Default Fascinating Read from Vanity Fair

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1...acdonald199807

This is an older article, very long, but worth the read.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2017, 08:01 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordfox2 View Post
http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1...acdonald199807

This is an older article, very long, but worth the read.
Whoa! The last sentence gets to you; at least it did me.

BTW, I believe he did it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2017, 02:01 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by withay View Post
Whoa! The last sentence gets to you; at least it did me.

BTW, I believe he did it.
Wasn't that a shocker? The author was brilliant, and maintained a perfect neutral reportorial tone throughout and then..bam! You had to stay aboard a long time to get the payoff!!
I, too, think he's guilty as sin. Anyone who doesn't believe so should watch his post murders interview with Dick Cavett.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2017, 04:25 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
:: Curious

The Vanity Fair article describes that the CID theorized that McDonald and his wife were engaged in a fight, it got physical and he hurt her pretty severely, so he had to finish it off. It's not that I disagree, but, to me, that's pretty bizarre. I would think that he had been considering something like that for awhile to have jumped into such a mode that night.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2017, 05:35 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb View Post
The Vanity Fair article describes that the CID theorized that McDonald and his wife were engaged in a fight, it got physical and he hurt her pretty severely, so he had to finish it off. It's not that I disagree, but, to me, that's pretty bizarre. I would think that he had been considering something like that for awhile to have jumped into such a mode that night.
I think the drugs tipped the balance and pushed him over the edge. Maybe he was subconsciously wanting out but not actually plotting murder, just wishing he was wife free and child free and thinking about divorce but then, when the child wet the bed, he exploded and confronted Colette (or maybe even threatened to beat the child, and I believe she responded angrily or maybe even hit him and it just exploded from there, I believe. I don't think he plotted it. I think he just exploded and got in so deep he couldn't stop and couldn't go back. If he hadn't been on the drugs I think it would have been a bad fight with Colette but not fatal to her or the children.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2017, 07:57 PM
On A Justice Quest.

Didn' he also have an affair at some point?

It has been a long time since I have read about this case so my memory is fuzzy.
Bottom line I think he is a narsascistic Ahole. He could have walked away.. Did not want to divorce her because he did not want to pay allimony or child support.
He killed his daughters because he did not want to take care of them.
Would have impeded his "single" life.

For those of you who question if he is not guilty.. may I ask why?

The above is not to make comments personal but to open the discussion.
We cannot have a discussion if people simply disagree without explaining.
I would like to read and discuss the topic.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2017, 08:31 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
Didn' he also have an affair at some point?

It has been a long time since I have read about this case so my memory is fuzzy.
Bottom line I think he is a narsascistic Ahole. He could have walked away.. Did not want to divorce her because he did not want to pay allimony or child support.
He killed his daughters because he did not want to take care of them.
Would have impeded his "single" life.

For those of you who question if he is not guilty.. may I ask why?

The above is not to make comments personal but to open the discussion.
We cannot have a discussion if people simply disagree without explaining.
I would like to read and discuss the topic.

Thanks!
multiple affairs from the Vanity Fair article.

Quote:
'I did step out on Colette," MacDonald tells his visitor, with a wet of his lips. "None of which I am proud of." Then, in a cascade, the explanations tumble out: "I don't think they were real girlfriends. … They were one-night stands.… I never had a love affair with anyone where we planned weekends away or divorce.… I wore my wedding ring.… It was the temper of the times.… I like women and I wasn't thinking of the consequences.… I had high testosterone.… Among guys around me and people in medical school and the service, I wasn't doing anything unusual.… It was '68, '70, and a lot of things were exploding."
He lowers his voice and adds: "I essentially wasn't screwing around. It's not true. Colette had no fears or worries. There weren't any."
all BS, like his whole story. just read the Vanity Fair article. very informative
Old 03-07-2017, 08:40 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb View Post
read the Vanity Fair article. he took one girlfriend and her kid on a cruise, and when he became angry with the child, he told her he was going to crush his skull. The other option, was to throw him overboard, which HE DID.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 AM
On A Justice Quest.

Thanks Juliekan!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:42 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
:: Buzzed

i do not like him. im not sure he is guilty. i know all the emotional evidence supports that he did it. but i still think there is evidence that points to others. im just not 100% sure in this case. i lean toward he did it but.....i do have reasonable doubt in this case.

IMO
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2017, 12:47 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliekan View Post
read the Vanity Fair article. he took one girlfriend and her kid on a cruise, and when he became angry with the child, he told her he was going to crush his skull. The other option, was to throw him overboard, which HE DID.
I think it's possible that he said something similar to Colette about his toddler daughter when she wet the bed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2017, 05:17 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
:: Curious

I hear the theories about him getting upset, something set him off, he got angry, things went to far, etc. ......but, to me, I just have a difficult time buying it. He had a planned story about what happened. Some of it was found in magazines found in their home. I just don't see those kind of details coming up off the cuff from someone who just loses it. The fabricated story, seemed to be planned much earlier and not something that he just happened to remember subsequent to the murders. JMO.
Reply With Quote top