Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Rebecca Zahau Deceased (Coronado Spreckles Mansion) - Page 74 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > Unsolved Mysteries

Unsolved Mysteries Cases that haunt us

Old 02-12-2017, 01:14 PM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Piratey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflies View Post
I'm looking forward to actual evidence. So far, all I've seen are allegations and innuendo.
The tiny views of evidence seen, also, were heavily edited- remember the writing on the door and it was blacked out so we couldn't even see it?

Yes, this is good, hopefully viewing the evidence for real and in entirety will answer the many questions. This care really does belong in 'unsolved mysteries'
Old 02-12-2017, 02:32 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
:: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javahog View Post
The tiny views of evidence seen, also, were heavily edited- remember the writing on the door and it was blacked out so we couldn't even see it?

Yes, this is good, hopefully viewing the evidence for real and in entirety will answer the many questions. This care really does belong in 'unsolved mysteries'
I agree. iirc, the words on the door were painted on with a brush so I'm not sure how they could be analyzed to determine who wrote them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2017, 04:35 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
:: Awesome

Quote:
I agree. iirc, the words on the door were painted on with a brush so I'm not sure how they could be analyzed to determine who wrote them.
Greetings'

An expert handwriting analysis could shed some light on who wrote what on the door. I'm sure the attorney's in the case have already pursued this avenue. Because Rebecca's family attorney brought it up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2017, 04:56 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlite64 View Post
Greetings'

An expert handwriting analysis could shed some light on who wrote what on the door. I'm sure the attorney's in the case have already pursued this avenue. Because Rebecca's family attorney brought it up.
Handwriting analysis usually involves pen/pencil on paper such as in the JonBenet case. I've never heard it being done on a vertically written painted sign. Just because the attorney brought it up doesn't make it true.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2017, 05:07 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
:: Awesome

Quote:
Handwriting analysis usually involves pen/pencil on paper such as in the JonBenet case. I've never heard it being done on a vertically written painted sign. Just because the attorney brought it up doesn't make it true.
Handwriting analysis can be done on the door. Anything that has writing on it can be analyzed, not just a pen and paper. (IMO)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2017, 05:19 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlite64 View Post
Handwriting analysis can be done on the door. Anything that has writing on it can be analyzed, not just a pen and paper. (IMO)

I don't see how it can be analyzed when it was written in block letters. What is there to compare it to? I seriously doubt Rebecca ever wrote anything else in block letters with acrylic paint to compare it to.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2017, 12:39 AM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Quote:
I don't see how it can be analyzed when it was written in block letters. What is there to compare it to? I seriously doubt Rebecca ever wrote anything else in block letters with acrylic paint to compare it to.
So why do they assume she wrote it? And did they ever look over anyone else's block letter writing? Perhaps someone in the circle has written things in block letters, I wonder if they looked.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:48 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
So why do they assume she wrote it? And did they ever look over anyone else's block letter writing? Perhaps someone in the circle has written things in block letters, I wonder if they looked.
I guess because the paint was on her. I don't really have anything in block writing lying around. I doubt most people do.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2017, 01:01 AM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Quote:
I guess because the paint was on her. I don't really have anything in block writing lying around. I doubt most people do.
But was there paint on anyone else? And lots of people do write in block lettering, I wonder if they looked into writing habits in the circle of interest.

This is the sort of thing that may be explored in the civil case
Old 02-13-2017, 04:15 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
But was there paint on anyone else? And lots of people do write in block lettering, I wonder if they looked into writing habits in the circle of interest.

This is the sort of thing that may be explored in the civil case
I doubt it because LE didn't find any other DNA in the room. Lots of people usually make block letters the same way.

No DNA evidence whatsoever that anyone else was near the door. Without such evidence, a judge isn't going to grant a search warrant to gather handwriting samples from anyone else. The Plaintiff in this case has a very uphill battle.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2017, 05:40 PM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Quote:
I doubt it because LE didn't find any other DNA in the room. Lots of people usually make block letters the same way.

No DNA evidence whatsoever that anyone else was near the door. Without such evidence, a judge isn't going to grant a search warrant to gather handwriting samples from anyone else. The Plaintiff in this case has a very uphill battle.
How about all the materials that were never tested for DNA? Of course, it is probably too late since they used "logic" rather than a lab to decide that the blood spots found around were her own... and that the unidentified underwear were probably from a sleepover...

If nothing else, at least this trial will allow questioning of the law enforcement as to why things were done as they were.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:43 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
How about all the materials that were never tested for DNA? Of course, it is probably too late since they used "logic" rather than a lab to decide that the blood spots found around were her own... and that the unidentified underwear were probably from a sleepover...

If nothing else, at least this trial will allow questioning of the law enforcement as to why things were done as they were.
I wasn't aware of any blood spots found but I also think LE has provided the defendants with more evidence than has been made public as to why the conclusion was suicide. If there was any real evidence against any of the defendants, they would have settled by now.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2017, 11:41 AM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Quote:
I wasn't aware of any blood spots found but I also think LE has provided the defendants with more evidence than has been made public as to why the conclusion was suicide. If there was any real evidence against any of the defendants, they would have settled by now.
They tried. Rebecca Zahau's family refused a settlement. They want to go to trial. see link

settlement link:
http://www.10news.com/news/evidence-...eckels-mansion
Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
They tried. Rebecca Zahau's family refused a settlement. They want to go to trial. see link

settlement link:
http://www.10news.com/news/evidence-...eckels-mansion
Thanx. Now I'm really wanting a trial to see what evidence they have!
Reply With Quote top