Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Memorial Day - Page 2 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Missing, NOT forgotten > Missing Veterans

Old 05-30-2016, 02:39 PM
JQ Registered User
planning. nay, plotting.

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Piratey

Great-Great-Grandfather O'Brien (Union Soldier died in Confederate Camp Ford after the Red River Campaign)

Uncle David, Korean War KIA

Old 05-31-2016, 06:12 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
:: Amazed

This thread is so nice. Just saw it now. My Grandfather, Leopold Josepayt, served in France and Germany during WW1. We all knew he served, but he never spoke about it. He was only here a few years before he enlisted-his English was not good yet. Through internet searing, I found information about his Regiment and learned of his journey, the Armistice, and crossing over from France to Germany at Engers on the Rhine, where he met the woman who would become my Grandmother His sons did not even know this information. My Uncles were so happy to see what I learned (My Dad is no longer here) Grandpop fought in some of the biggest Battles in France. He became a citizen about 8 years later-wasn't so easy becoming a citizen at that time. He brought my Grandmom and my Dad to America in 1921. He was a wonderful citizen.

Bless all those who made the ultimate sacrifice

Pat
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2016, 08:49 PM
JQ Registered User
Earth Czar

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJS View Post
This thread is so nice. Just saw it now. My Grandfather, Leopold Josepayt, served in France and Germany during WW1. We all knew he served, but he never spoke about it. He was only here a few years before he enlisted-his English was not good yet. Through internet searing, I found information about his Regiment and learned of his journey, the Armistice, and crossing over from France to Germany at Engers on the Rhine, where he met the woman who would become my Grandmother His sons did not even know this information. My Uncles were so happy to see what I learned (My Dad is no longer here) Grandpop fought in some of the biggest Battles in France. He became a citizen about 8 years later-wasn't so easy becoming a citizen at that time. He brought my Grandmom and my Dad to America in 1921. He was a wonderful citizen.

Bless all those who made the ultimate sacrifice

Pat
Just read this.

Great story and memory.