Terms of Service
General Rules and Guidelines
JusticeQuest forums may contain material not suitable for children as we discuss a wide variety of criminal cases.
These forums are a community; users should respect the other participants in this community. In general, users should conduct themselves in respectful, appropriate ways that encourage inclusion and cooperation. Our users express a diverse range of opinions and knowledge, and disagreements can (and should) be handled in civilized ways.
The Staff here at JusticeQuest is in constant contact with one another. We continually discuss each aspect of "forum life," including the topics, the posters, etc. Attempting to contact us separately in order to get a different response about something will not be successful and may end up costing your membership.
1. Moderators - All administrators and moderators are volunteers and have volunteered their time to help our community. Our moderators are members just like you, who enjoy friendly discussions. While they have guidelines to follow in maintaining JusticeQuest, they each have their own style of moderating the board. Please respect our moderators as they work very hard to maintain the community. Arguing with the staff; however, may earn you an immediate time out, so its advised that you refrain from doing so. Any member found to be a forum nuisance, is here with an agenda, turns out to be a "problem poster," or generally makes themselves a pest, will be banned. That banning may or may not accompany a final warning.
(a) If you are approached by a staff member either via email, private message, on the forum (or any other method), and that staff member asks you a direct question or requests an explanation regarding something pertaining to JusticeQuest, it is incumbent upon you to respond to that request. If you do not reply with an appropriate answer and/or explanation within 24 hours, you are subject to receive a permanent ban with no further explanation.
(b) Disrespecting a staff member on the public threads will NOT be tolerated. If you have an issue with any staff member, please send him or her a Private Message. Failure to do so could result in an immediate time out, the duration of which is the decision of the staff member and could range from a few days to a permanent ban depending on the poster's past behavior and dealings with the staff.
2. ALL CAPS. All caps is considered shouting and bad etiquette. Using all caps along with bold colors is also bad etiquette. Please turn your caps lock off. The only exception is an Admin or Mod may use them to post a warning
3. Spelling and Grammatical Errors. All people make mistakes, please do not attack another member’s posting based on spelling or poor sentence structure. Insulting a member because of a spelling or grammatical error is in poor taste and may result in suspension of posting privileges.
4. Profanity and Vulgarity. Profanity and foul or vulgar language is permitted; however, cussing out other members will be considered an attack and will be handled accordingl
5. Snipping Posts: Posts being quoted may only be snipped for length and the word "snipped" must be added. Posts may not be snipped which alters the meaning of the original post.
6. Members agree not to post any baiting, racist, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, rude, snarky, threatening, overtly sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws, including copyright laws. As well, posts that are created for the explicit purpose of criticizing in an unconstructive or insulting manner (commonly known as "flame" posts) will come under the scrutiny of the administrators and moderators. A post which is determined to be inappropriate (in any or all of the aforementioned ways) may be removed or split from the originating topic at the discretion of the administrators, and the author may be notified about the post in question. If you feel that another poster is posting inflammatory posts, is attacking another member, or if you see a questionable post, instead of replying to the offending post yourself, we ask that you hit the alert button and notify our staff and let us deal with the post. Absolutely at no time will it be permissible to bash the victim(s) of a crime.
The administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible. However, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore, you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators, or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence they will not be held liable. The content of all posts remain the property of their respective authors, and can not be republished elsewhere in any form without the knowledge and consent of the author.
7. Members of the JusticeQuest forums are not to post under more than one identity. If you already have a registered account, do not register another (forgotten forum nicknames can be found - please contact a forum administrator for assistance).
8. In the event of inappropriate activity on these forums, violators may be subject to disciplinary action by the administration, including but not limited to: a warning from an administrator or moderator, a one-week ban from the forums, or a permanent ban if necessary. Furthermore, the webmaster, administrators, and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move, or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
9. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While your private information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the webmaster, administrator, and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. Your email address is generally used only to confirm your registration details and password and to send new passwords should you forget your current one. Occasionally, the administrators may be required to contact you via your email address. Therefore, a valid email address is required.
10. After 24 hours, all postings to forums on Justice Quest become the sole property of Justice Quest, which reserves the right to modify or remove them. Justice Quest shall have no obligation to review or screen any postings, but postings to moderated forums, at our discretion, may not appear on Justice Quest until after Moderators or Administrators have approved them. Postings to Justice Quest, whether approved by a moderator or not, are not endorsed by Justice Quest. Visitors shall use forums on Justice Quest solely for lawful and ethical purposes related to the subject of each particular forum.
11. No soliciting. This means:
The Britannica-Webster Dictionary defines “solicitor” as one who approaches with a request or plea. When a business has a no soliciting policy, they are denying the public from entering the business to make requests, such as attempting to sell something or asking for a donation.
JusticeQuest Does Not allow anything to be sold via use of this forum. Should you use to use JusticeQuest because you have something you wish to give away, please contact one of the owners.
Please do not post links to GoFundMe accounts. They will be deleted.
12. Copying and pasting copyrighted material. When posting copyrighted material, please only post a very small snippet and add a link to the source. Here's a bit of information regarding "fair use":
Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair:
~ The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
~ The nature of the copyrighted work
~ The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
~ The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
13. Links. While links that may "back up" a poster may be desired, it is the policy of JQ that they are not required in order to post. Please do not demand that a poster add a link. If a post does not contain a link, it will be up to each individual poster to assign how much weight, if any, they should give that post or opinion. However, if a member is posting content as a "statement of facts" or saying that it was in documentation, testimony, formal statements or divulged through some other media sources, a link must accompany the post. Unsubstantiated rumors are not to be posted. (Revised 5/10/12)
14. Other Internet Forums. The Owners of JusticeQuest do not care if its members are also members at any other on-line communities including Facebook and Twitter. However, we ask that you keep the drama that occurs at those other forums away from JusticeQuest. We do not want to read about drama and personalities from other forums to spill over to JusticeQuest. Additionally, we at JQ, welcome you into our forum for friendly discussion. If you have a gripe, take it up with an owner, if you are found to be bad mouthing JQ elsewhere you will be banned. If you are that unhappy, then you don't need to be posting here.
15. Do NOT post the personal information of any other member without their express, written permission.
16. If you should receive an infraction, a Time Out or a warning, you may feel free to disucss this with other members via Private Messages, Telephone (if you communicate with one another in that manner) or via email; however, it is against the Terms of Service for you to bring the drama to the forum by announcing to the entire community that you have received such infraction, warning or time out.
17. Posters are to discuss the topics of the threads and refrain from discussing one another. Personal attacks on other posters will not be tolerated.
18. These Terms of Service are subject to change without warning.
The bottom line on how the Staff here at JusticeQuest feels is that YOU'RE ALL ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION - NO MATTER HOW FUCKING STUPID IT IS. LOL
**Last revision - April 8, 2013.**
Last edited by Athena; 07-30-2016 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Reviewing TOS and noticed Jeana's deleted siggy
bumping to keep it on top of display
If I don't have the moral courage to challenge authority...we don't have journalism.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy