Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jason Young, Guilty - 1st Degree Murder Thread #2 *UPDATE: NC Supreme Court denies new trial* - Page 57 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Missing, NOT forgotten > Found Murdered > Michelle Marie Young


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1121  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:43 PM
Debb Debb is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,313
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Curious
Default

NEW MOTION for new trial. It's a video. I haven't had time to watch it yet. OH, It's live in Wake County.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/16764894/
Reply With Quote top
  #1122  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:49 PM
protectkidz's Avatar
protectkidz protectkidz is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 30,165
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Cheerful
Default

I can't remember:

did we have one of two trials already for him?

I feel like I remember that sobbing girl that slept with him on the stand twice, with her more composed the second time...
__________________
Thank you, Tby.
Reply With Quote top
  #1123  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Debb Debb is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,313
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Curious
Default

Oh man, I'd have to review. I think it's been two.

The attorney just said that he's asking for Appropriate Relief. A Motion under that sounds pretty iffy. I don't think the odds are very good with that being granted, based on what I know about the case. From what I heard the attorney say today, there isn't anything very compelling. We shall see.

Did you see Jason in the courtroom? I couldn't tell who that lawyer is. Is this one that his family paid for or the state? Anyone know?

Last edited by Debb; 06-15-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Reply With Quote top
  #1124  
Old 06-16-2017, 12:46 AM
magenta's Avatar
magenta magenta is offline
JQ Registered User
Serious addiction to trials!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 19,724
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Awesome
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
I can't remember:

did we have one of two trials already for him?

I feel like I remember that sobbing girl that slept with him on the stand twice, with her more composed the second time...
Thanks!!!!!

omgosh his hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"RIP Toby"
Reply With Quote top
  #1125  
Old 06-16-2017, 09:21 AM
protectkidz's Avatar
protectkidz protectkidz is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 30,165
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Cheerful
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb View Post
Oh man, I'd have to review. I think it's been two.

The attorney just said that he's asking for Appropriate Relief. A Motion under that sounds pretty iffy. I don't think the odds are very good with that being granted, based on what I know about the case. From what I heard the attorney say today, there isn't anything very compelling. We shall see.

Did you see Jason in the courtroom? I couldn't tell who that lawyer is. Is this one that his family paid for or the state? Anyone know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta View Post
Thanks!!!!!

omgosh his hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he's right at the beginning, he has it pulled back in a bun or pony tail.

Mr. Hipster lmao!!!!!!!!
__________________
Thank you, Tby.
Reply With Quote top
  #1126  
Old 06-16-2017, 11:01 AM
juliekan's Avatar
juliekan juliekan is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 20,569
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

C'mon guys, be nice.....

Maybe that's how his boyfriends like his hair
__________________
moo
Reply With Quote top
  #1127  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Debb Debb is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,313
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Curious
Default

There must be some issue with Jason. I went to the NC inmate locator, but, his location is not revealed. Hmmm......
Reply With Quote top
  #1128  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Debb Debb is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,313
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Curious
Default

I have a question that someone may be able to help me with. I recall the trials, but, can't recall what the prosecution's theory was with how Michelle was attacked. I was just viewing some autopsy comments on this Memorial blog to Michelle. It's easy enough to find. I don't think I can post the link due to the blog status.
It's called the Young tragedy blog.
The wounds to the head were pretty brutal, but, it also appeared that there was a hell of a fight. So, does the state contend that Michelle was awakened after the first blow, she became defensive and the fight occurred right in the bed where she had been asleep? Or do they purport a different scenario?
Reply With Quote top
  #1129  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:35 PM
protectkidz's Avatar
protectkidz protectkidz is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 30,165
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Cheerful
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb View Post
I have a question that someone may be able to help me with. I recall the trials, but, can't recall what the prosecution's theory was with how Michelle was attacked. I was just viewing some autopsy comments on this Memorial blog to Michelle. It's easy enough to find. I don't think I can post the link due to the blog status.
It's called the Young tragedy blog.
The wounds to the head were pretty brutal, but, it also appeared that there was a hell of a fight. So, does the state contend that Michelle was awakened after the first blow, she became defensive and the fight occurred right in the bed where she had been asleep? Or do they purport a different scenario?
iitc, she was found on the floor next to the bed.
__________________
Thank you, Tby.
Reply With Quote top
  #1130  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Debb Debb is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,313
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Curious
Default

That's right. I remember it now. So, apparently, there was no contact between the killer and Michelle except in that bedroom.

And the hair found in Michelle's hand was not identified, but, believed by the state to be a plant by the killer to throw them off their own trail. Right?
Reply With Quote top
  #1131  
Old 06-16-2017, 01:58 PM
poester poester is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Buzzed
Default

this guy makes me sick. he is soooooo guilty. all circumstantial if i remember right. but enough smoke to see the fire smoldering.
__________________
"Conservatives say if it doesn't happen to me, I don't care. Progressives say this shouldn't happen to anyone, that's why I care."
Reply With Quote top
  #1132  
Old 06-16-2017, 02:19 PM
protectkidz's Avatar
protectkidz protectkidz is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 30,165
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Cheerful
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb View Post
That's right. I remember it now. So, apparently, there was no contact between the killer and Michelle except in that bedroom.

And the hair found in Michelle's hand was not identified, but, believed by the state to be a plant by the killer to throw them off their own trail. Right?
Beth Karas thought they could have been Michelle's hair.

They were like 9 inches long.

I don't remember anything more about it.
__________________
Thank you, Tby.
Reply With Quote top
  #1133  
Old 06-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Debb Debb is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,313
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Curious
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
Beth Karas thought they could have been Michelle's hair.

They were like 9 inches long.

I don't remember anything more about it.
Oh, it seems to me that they thought the hair was not one that had come out by the root, but, was a hair that was lost naturally. So, therefore no DNA could be extracted from it. Someone chime in, if this is not right.
Reply With Quote top
  #1134  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:42 PM
protectkidz's Avatar
protectkidz protectkidz is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 30,165
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Cheerful
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb View Post
Oh, it seems to me that they thought the hair was not one that had come out by the root, but, was a hair that was lost naturally. So, therefore no DNA could be extracted from it. Someone chime in, if this is not right.
I don't really remember, I don't remember the defense really drilling that home but it's been awhile.

I just pray there's no new trial. I looked back and sure enough, there were two trials because the first ended in mistrial.
__________________
Thank you, Tby.
Reply With Quote top
  #1135  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:25 AM
Shea's Avatar
Shea Shea is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 4,902
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Pensive
Default

http://www.wral.com/jason-young-s-bi...nied/16914272/

Jason Young's bid for new trial in wife's death denied

Quote:
"Because defendant testified at the first trial (and not at the second), the State was able to develop compelling evidence that defendantís first public statement, made 1,693 days after the murder and after he had reviewed all of the Stateís evidence against him through discovery and trial, was one of a guilty man who murdered his wife rather than a man who loved his wife. It was a statement that the State could impeach and to use to raise doubt about defendantís alibi," Ridgeway wrote.

"Because of the strong circumstantial evidence establishing defendantís guilt, the impeachment of his alibi, and the evidence of defendantís conduct following the murder, the Court concludes that the errors of counsel were not sufficiently prejudicial to support the relief now sought by defendant," the judge ruled.
Finally.

May Michelle rest peacefully, and may her daughter live a happy life.
Reply With Quote top
  #1136  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:56 AM
j&k's grammy j&k's grammy is offline
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,130
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
:: Cheerful
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
http://www.wral.com/jason-young-s-bi...nied/16914272/

Jason Young's bid for new trial in wife's death denied



Finally.

May Michelle rest peacefully, and may her daughter live a happy life.
I always thought his petition would be denied but it was, nevertheless, good to read this. I hope Michelle is resting in peace and that Linda, Meredith and Cassidy can start to find closure knowing that Jason is where he belongs.
__________________
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
Reply With Quote top
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
degree, guilty, jason, murder, young

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Template-Modifications by TMS
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.5 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© justicequest.net 2016
no new posts