Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Unsolved Murders of Racine WI - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > Unsolved Mysteries

Unsolved Mysteries Cases that haunt us

Old 05-30-2010, 06:10 PM
JQ Registered User
A not so very ordinary girl

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
:: Bashful
Default Unsolved Murders of Racine WI

http://www.keepracinesafe.org/

Quote:
Each year, the Racine community loses friends, neighbors, and family members to senseless killings, some of which remain unsolved. This website serves to tell the stories of these homicide victims in hopes of stirring your recollection of the crimes or incidents leading to them.

Quote:
Tina M. Davidson, 15
GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
On Tuesday morning March 27, 1973, the nude body of Tina Davidson was discovered lying against a cyclone fence. The cyclone fence was next to a pathway, which was south of the beach off of 17th Street, on the lakefront. Tina often hitchhiked in this area. Tina was stabbed 61 times in the neck and chest, and was last seen alive on Monday evening, March 16, 1973. Tina was wearing a worn leather jacket, a dark sweater over a white blouse, brown baggy pants, and construction work boots. The clothes were never found.
Tina was a white female with long straight hair that was brown in color. Tina also had a slender build.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:44 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

pixies:

O/T

I applaud your efforts in bringing to our attention the unknow people here.

I'm shocked at how many there are. Where are these families?? They can't all have come from homes where no one cared if they were found or not.

Is it because there is not enough information to identify them??

Have you ever tried to x-reference any to the missing database or anything??

I usually try to find the missing and update those threads. But if there is anything I can do to help in some small way in what your trying to do, let me know.

Like a Bridge Over Troubled Waters..........I Will Lay You Down. That is all that every family who has one who is missing wants to do. :Hflowers:

[COLOR="Blue"]RIP TOBY....FOREVER REMEMBERED[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2010, 11:56 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Racine Police set to reopen old files
March 20, 2010

City police are taking a new look at old homicides.

The Police Department has recently re-evaluated all of its cold cases for solvability, and assigned one investigator to work on them full time.

"All the cases are important to us," said Deputy Chief Art Howell. "We want to bring closure to all the families."

Recently, investigators were asked to evaluate more than 50 open murder cases for solvability, looking at evidence, witnesses, the original investigation and any suspect information.

The cold case screening allowed them to come up with a top 10 list of the most solvable cold cases, according to Howell.

Now, police will be making a concentrated effort to close the unsolved homicides.

Some of the department's investigators - including Jim Prioletta, Al Fellion and Brent Hutchinson - had already been working on cold cases on their own, while also carrying a full case load. "There are detectives here that have a certain passion for certain cases," Howell said. "They've developed a relationship with family members. They have a desire to solve cases."

But those investigators were never able to spend a lot of time on the cold cases. That has now changed.

Prioletta has been assigned full time as the department's cold case detective.

"I took on (cold cases) in the last couple of years," Prioletta said. "I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to them. I fit it in on my own."

Prioletta, who has been a detective since 1995, said he has always enjoyed looking into cold cases.

"It's nice to try and get closure on some of these case," he said. "There's still loved ones out there. We want to solve every homicide case."

With the advances in technology, the department has made serious headway in some of the old cases, Prioletta said. While there haven't been any arrests just yet, he remains optimistic.

"There's always hope for solvability on all of them," he said.

Police have solved a majority of the homicide cases from the past five years, and their overall percentage of clearance for murders going back to the 1970s is pretty good, Howell said. But they are not satisfied.

With the advances in DNA in the past five years, coupled with the investigators' passion and the idea that a fresh set of eyes on an old case can be a good thing, Howell said they were prompted to take on actively pursuing the cold cases.

"We define cold cases as investigations where all investigative leads were previously pursued, resulting in the case being classified as dormant," Howell said.

In addition to re-evaluating all the old cases and assigning Prioletta to work on them, the department also plans to apply for a federal grant through the National Institute of Justice. The $150,000 police are seeking would be used to fund overtime for officers working the cases and pay for software that could assist them in their pursuits.

The software, according to Sgt. Bernie Kupper, would cross-reference the details of unsolved cases and look for patterns. For example, he said, there might be three different murders on a particular street, but they happened several years apart and were handled by different investigators. Detectives might not notice if all three cases had a witness in common.

The software could make that match for them.

Howell said the city's finance committee has to review and approve the grant application this week.

Police also plan to put the photos and information regarding their top 10 cold cases on cards, similar to baseball cards, that can be handed out on the street and in correctional facilities.

Howell said the department hopes that using all of these approaches, police will be able to solve their cold cases and bring closure to the victims' families.

On the left of the article, Tina Davidson is listed as #1 of the top 10 cases!

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html

Like a Bridge Over Troubled Waters..........I Will Lay You Down. That is all that every family who has one who is missing wants to do. :Hflowers:

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 PM
JQ Registered User
A not so very ordinary girl

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
:: Bashful

This is awesome news!
It's my belief that whoever killed "Racine Jane Doe" has done this before! So opening the cold cases is wonderful news to help ID Jane. She deserves it.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

pixies:

I knew you would be happy to see that post!! I hope they find something to sovle one of the cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!! Hopefully...........there will be a resolution for a family or two!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixies View Post
This is awesome news!
It's my belief that whoever killed "Racine Jane Doe" has done this before! So opening the cold cases is wonderful news to help ID Jane. She deserves it.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM
JQ Registered User
Trying to stop swearing so
much

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
:: Veggedout

I remember when Jane Doe was found, and she is buried close to where I live. My daughter and I visit her grave on occasion, and others do too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2011, 07:50 PM
JQ Registered User
much

I don't know why there are so many unsolved murders here, but hopefully someone will come forward. Unless they don't live here anymore they probably won't though. The no snitching campaign is well embedded in this community.

Today one of our most esteemed judges was found in a park shot in the head with a shotgun, dead. It's already been declared a suicide, and it probably was since it sounds like he might have left a note at home. Anyway, I've met him a few times at volunteer things and he was pretty nice. He looked like he could be anyone's grandpa.

This town seems to suck the life out of everyone. We have a beautiful view of Lake Michigan, but underneath everything is rotten.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaholic View Post
I don't know why there are so many unsolved murders here, but hopefully someone will come forward. Unless they don't live here anymore they probably won't though. The no snitching campaign is well embedded in this community.

Today one of our most esteemed judges was found in a park shot in the head with a shotgun, dead. It's already been declared a suicide, and it probably was since it sounds like he might have left a note at home. Anyway, I've met him a few times at volunteer things and he was pretty nice. He looked like he could be anyone's grandpa.

This town seems to suck the life out of everyone. We have a beautiful view of Lake Michigan, but underneath everything is rotten.
This is horrible. I'm originally from Wisconsin and my grandmother lived in Racine for a time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
JQ Registered User
much

I've lived here for 13 years. I'd love to move away, but my three girls and the grandkids would have to go with me, and son-in-law and his wild and crazy mom and her wife...quite an undertaking but it would be great to get out of here.

When they found the Jane Doe one of my oldest daughter's friends got a call to take a look at her and see if he recognized her because they thought she might be hanging around with the local punk rock scene and he was a prominent figure with that group, but he'd never seen her. I think she was brought here from somewhere else.

ETA: I bet your grandmother remembers a very nice little city. It was still pretty nice when I moved here in the 90s but it's gone to shit since then.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I've lived here for 13 years. I'd love to move away, but my three girls and the grandkids would have to go with me, and son-in-law and his wild and crazy mom and her wife...quite an undertaking but it would be great to get out of here.

When they found the Jane Doe one of my oldest daughter's friends got a call to take a look at her and see if he recognized her because they thought she might be hanging around with the local punk rock scene and he was a prominent figure with that group, but he'd never seen her. I think she was brought here from somewhere else.
That's pretty hardcore!! When you all decide to move, there are plenty of good places here in Texas and there is plenty of room. Come on down!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Why has it gone to sh*t? Economy, drugs?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM
JQ Registered User
much

Visited Jane Doe's grave today and took a few pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3161198...in/photostream
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 PM
JQ Registered User
'A' Warriors United!

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Visited Jane Doe's grave today and took a few pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3161198...in/photostream
Thanks, Mocha. Looks like somebody puts some effort into decorating her grave .

I hope her identity will be revealed - sooner rather than later.
Reply With Quote top