Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. (Found) Ashley Murray, 16 Year Old Girl, Peconic, NY - Page 2 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > Missing, NOT forgotten > Found!

Found! Found and Identified

Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Was hoping to see there was an update Ashley had been found safe.

Prayers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 PM
JQ Registered User
Hope is a good thing, maybe
the best of things, and no
good thing ever dies

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
:: Inspired

Missing Teen's Family Issues Statement; Thanks Public

Ashley Murray's family has requested "privacy."

By Lisa Finn
3/2/2013-10:37 am

On the sixth day since Peconic teen Ashley Murray went missing, the 16-year-old was still missing without a trace on Saturday.

Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley said on Saturday that there had been no news, although the police are engaged in an "extensive" search for the teen, who disappeared Monday after leaving a suicide note.

Ashley's family issued a statement Saturday: "We would like to sincerely thank the community and everyone involved in the efforts to find Ashley and return her safely, and also those who have taken up the heartfelt tasks of supporting the family during this difficult time," the statement said.

"We also appreciate all news reporters, news teams and informants for their help and would like to extend both our genuine thanks for helping to spread the word in our search for Ashley, as well as our request for privacy at this point."

Ashley's family also said that they would like to thank the police and authorities for "all their efforts and continuing support and, God willing, to a quick and happy resolution to this matter."

Ashley's brother, Jaime Cradehl, issued the statement on behalf of her family.

http://northfork.patch.com/articles/...-thanks-public

Still praying Ashley is found safe.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:29 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

FBI joins search for missing Peconic teen, Ashley Murray

Published: March 2, 2013 6:33 PM
Video

PECONIC - The FBI has joined in the search for a North Fork teen who was last seen more than five days ago.

Ashley Murray, 16, was last seen as she left her Peconic home for school on Monday morning. Southold police have been searching for the teen with no luck.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/fb...rray-1.4740732

Still hoping that she's safe and found soon.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:33 PM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Police: With No News of Ashley Murray, Search Continues for Missing Teen

Southold Police Chief Martin Flatley detailed the ongoing extensive search over the weekend.

By Lisa Finn - 3/3/2013 -10:41 am

Monday will mark one week since Peconic teen Ashley Murray went missing, and over the weekend, Southold police and other agencies continued their extensive investigation, conducting searches and pursuing various leads.

Snip

On Sunday, Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley addressed the searching issue.

"The whole premise of conducting searches with volunteers is predicated first on intelligence that suggests the area to be searched has some significance in the investigation," he said. "It does not accomplish anything positive by randomly searching areas for the police or the volunteer groups."

Flatley added, "Early on in this investigation we conducted very specific searches with K-9 teams because of the location Ashley was last seen. These searches expanded as further information developed on possible areas of interest that necessitated a search. We have been careful to conduct these searches with K-9 teams and aviation because K-9 teams are much more effective when areas to be searched have not been contaminated by other human scents."

The public's help could still be needed, he added. "We certainly would always keep the option of the public assisting us search should the specific need arise."

Flatley said since Ashley went missing, police have launched an extensive investigation that has covered over 30 geographical areas and included interviews of at least 35 to 40 individuals. Over the weekend, an additional five locations since last reported have been searched for the missing teen in Southold Town alone.

http://northfork.patch.com/articles/...g-peconic-teen

It's not been stated in any article that I've read if her scent was picked up the dogs or not.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
Police: With No News of Ashley Murray, Search Continues for Missing Teen

Southold Police Chief Martin Flatley detailed the ongoing extensive search over the weekend.

By Lisa Finn - 3/3/2013 -10:41 am

Monday will mark one week since Peconic teen Ashley Murray went missing, and over the weekend, Southold police and other agencies continued their extensive investigation, conducting searches and pursuing various leads.

Snip

On Sunday, Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley addressed the searching issue.

"The whole premise of conducting searches with volunteers is predicated first on intelligence that suggests the area to be searched has some significance in the investigation," he said. "It does not accomplish anything positive by randomly searching areas for the police or the volunteer groups."

Flatley added, "Early on in this investigation we conducted very specific searches with K-9 teams because of the location Ashley was last seen. These searches expanded as further information developed on possible areas of interest that necessitated a search. We have been careful to conduct these searches with K-9 teams and aviation because K-9 teams are much more effective when areas to be searched have not been contaminated by other human scents."

The public's help could still be needed, he added. "We certainly would always keep the option of the public assisting us search should the specific need arise."

Flatley said since Ashley went missing, police have launched an extensive investigation that has covered over 30 geographical areas and included interviews of at least 35 to 40 individuals. Over the weekend, an additional five locations since last reported have been searched for the missing teen in Southold Town alone.

http://northfork.patch.com/articles/...g-peconic-teen

It's not been stated in any article that I've read if her scent was picked up the dogs or not.
snip from your link:

As the search continued into the seventh day, with no sign of Ashley, police said they have "employed all assets" afforded to the department to include assistance from units within the Suffolk County police department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York State Police, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Shelter Island Town police department, and all members of the Southold Town police department.

"The Southold Town police department, with the assistance of our law enforcement partners, are committed to continue this extensive investigation and have always encouraged all members of the public to contact our department with any information as to Ashley Murray's whereabouts," the release stated.

On Saturday, Ashley's family issued a statement thanking the police and the public for their efforts and asked for "privacy."

I certainly hope and pray that Ashley's family asking for privacy is because they may have some insight into where she may be, and not because of the media and bullying.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

FATHER’S PREVIOUS ARREST

Ashley lives in Peconic with her mother and her older brother. She has been estranged from her father, Kenneth Payne of Shelter Island, since she was an infant, according to a 2004 New York Times story. Mr. Payne served six years in prison for the 1998 shooting death of his neighbor, Curtis Cook, court records show. Ashley was 18 months old at the time of the shooting.

Mr. Cook, a long time friend of Mr. Payne’s, had been arrested two weeks before his death and charged with sodomizing an 8-year-old girl, the New York Times reported. Mr. Payne told investigators at the time that Mr. Cook had threatened Ashley and her mother on the night he was killed, court records show. Mr. Payne was later acquitted following an appeal.

Ms. Murray won a court battle over the custody of Ashley after her father was released from prison, according to state records.

more at link:
http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrevi...-media-friday/

and

On Thursday, Cradehl said Payne "has not had contact with Ashley in years. He is her father by blood and no more. They shared no relationship and we don't know where he is."

Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley said Thursday that police had been in touch with her father and, since Ashley has ties on Shelter Island, "have been actively exploring the Shelter Island connection since the very beginning."

Payne could not immediately be reached for comment and at least one of his family members, who asked not to be identified, would not comment.

more at link:

http://easthampton.patch.com/article...onic-teen-case
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2013, 06:22 PM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Missing Peconic Girl Ashley Murray Returns Safely

By Timothy Bolger on March 8, 2013

Ashley Murray, the 16-year-old Peconic girl who went missing 12 days ago, walked into Southold Town Police headquarters safe and sound Friday, authorities said.

Murray, who was reported missing from her Springs Lane home Monday, Feb. 25, showed up at the North Fork police station at 3:15 p.m., according to investigators. But police could not say where she’s been.

“She was in good physical condition and she stayed with us until around 4:30,” said Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley, noting that she arrived with a friend.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/...eturns-safely/

Happy for her family that she's safe and home!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:37 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Aubrey this is awesome news!!!! You've been a busy lady today!! Thank you for all of your updates. I am glad to read from your link that she'll be going to the hospital for a "check up." I think she needs some help to deal with her emotional issues. While I was searching for her, I found the following information that she apparently posted to the fb page about her disappearance with two words "I'm okay." Her brother didn't believe that it was actually her posting, saying that its "not something she would do." I'm thinking this family is in need of some time together and probably some counselling. Here's the article about her post:

The message was simple, two words: "I'm okay."

The comment was posted on the "Ashley Come Home" Facebook page, under a new Facebook profile created Thursday by an alleged individual named Ashley Murray, with a photo of the Peconic teen. The post read: "Ashley Murray: I'm okay!"

But the question loomed for many concerned friends and loved ones: Was the comment actually written by missing teen Ashley Murray, or was the post an internet hoax?

On Friday, Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley said police were cognizant of the post. "As far as the Facebook posting goes, we were also made aware of the posting and investigated same.The posting has not altered our current investigation into Ashley’s disappearance."

Ashley's brother, Jaime Cradehl, said, "I can't imagine Ashley really making that post. I mean, it's possible, but not likely. I'd love for it to be her."

The post came Thursday evening, the same night Ashley's mother Charlotte Murray sent out a heartfelt letter to her daughter on Patch and on the "Ashley Come Home" Facebook page, asking her daughter to let her know that she was safe.

Cradehl said he has met with authorities regarding the "I'm okay" post, and said as of Friday morning, the identify of poster was being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, which joined the search for Ashley this week.

more:

http://northfork.patch.com/articles/...-facebook-post
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

I'm so happy Ashley is safe and well! Wonderful news! I have been thinking of her.
Now I very much hope that her issues will be addressed, and that the family goes into counseling. Wish the very best for this young woman.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana View Post
Aubrey this is awesome news!!!! You've been a busy lady today!! Thank you for all of your updates. I am glad to read from your link that she'll be going to the hospital for a "check up." I think she needs some help to deal with her emotional issues. While I was searching for her, I found the following information that she apparently posted to the fb page about her disappearance with two words "I'm okay." Her brother didn't believe that it was actually her posting, saying that its "not something she would do." I'm thinking this family is in need of some time together and probably some counselling. Here's the article about her post:

The message was simple, two words: "I'm okay."

The comment was posted on the "Ashley Come Home" Facebook page, under a new Facebook profile created Thursday by an alleged individual named Ashley Murray, with a photo of the Peconic teen. The post read: "Ashley Murray: I'm okay!"

But the question loomed for many concerned friends and loved ones: Was the comment actually written by missing teen Ashley Murray, or was the post an internet hoax?

On Friday, Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley said police were cognizant of the post. "As far as the Facebook posting goes, we were also made aware of the posting and investigated same.The posting has not altered our current investigation into Ashley’s disappearance."

Ashley's brother, Jaime Cradehl, said, "I can't imagine Ashley really making that post. I mean, it's possible, but not likely. I'd love for it to be her."

The post came Thursday evening, the same night Ashley's mother Charlotte Murray sent out a heartfelt letter to her daughter on Patch and on the "Ashley Come Home" Facebook page, asking her daughter to let her know that she was safe.

Cradehl said he has met with authorities regarding the "I'm okay" post, and said as of Friday morning, the identify of poster was being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, which joined the search for Ashley this week.

more:

http://northfork.patch.com/articles/...-facebook-post
Yes, it's great news, to be honest I didn't think was going to turn out well. I'm hoping family/authorities will get Ashley into counseling, seems to me she's been in emotional pain for a while now.

You're welcome, Yep, been busy today, it was like all my alerts went off at the same time, it was crazy! lol
Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
:: Relaxed

Quote:
Yes, it's great news, to be honest I didn't think was going to turn out well. I'm hoping family/authorities will get Ashley into counseling, seems to me she's been in emotional pain for a while now.

You're welcome, Yep, been busy today, it was like all my alerts went off at the same time, it was crazy! lol
I didn't think it would turn out well either, but thankfully it did. I hope that she gets the help she needs as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Well you are so appreciated as always!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Missing Peconic Girl Ashley Murray Returns Safely

By Timothy Bolger on March 8, 2013

Ashley Murray, the 16-year-old Peconic girl who went missing 12 days ago, walked into Southold Town Police headquarters safe and sound Friday, authorities said.

Murray, who was reported missing from her Springs Lane home Monday, Feb. 25, showed up at the North Fork police station at 3:15 p.m., according to investigators. But police could not say where she’s been.

“She was in good physical condition and she stayed with us until around 4:30,” said Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley, noting that she arrived with a friend.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/...eturns-safely/

Happy for her family that she's safe and home!

Yay!!!

So happy to log on and see this.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2013, 10:08 AM
JQ Registered User
Who killed the McStays and
why?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
:: Breezy

I'm so glad that Ashley came home safe--especially because she has a chance at restarting her life and getting help for the deep pain within her that influenced how sad and desperate she seemed to have been. Prayers and love for Ashley and her family.

And, I hope that if indeed others bullied her that they have and will always have a better sense of compassion.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:04 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Police: Ashley Murray Case Remains Open, No Charges Filed
Questions still remain about where missing Peconic teen Ashley Murray was until she returned to Southold.
3/28/2013

Almost three weeks since she returned safely back to Southold, questions still remain about where Peconic teen Ashley Murray was during the time that she was missing.

On Thursday, Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley said that while the "case remains open ... at this point we have not preferred any criminal charges against anyone involved."

Read more: http://northfork.patch.com/articles/police-ashley-murray-case-remains-open-no-charges-filed

Second Missing Southold Teen Found Safely
4/3/2013

Once again, a girl was reported missing in Southold Town -- and found safey.

Southold Town Police said that on Monday at 9:08 a.m., they received report of a missing 14-year-old Mattituck female from a parent who discovered his daughter had left the residence sometime overnight.

Police said, similar to a previous missing person investigation, a note was left by the missing teen causing family and the police concern over her safety.

Recently, the case of Peconic teen Ashley Murray, who was missing for 11 days, brought a community together in the hopes of bringing her home; she ultimately returned to Southold safely. Ashley had left a suicide note.

Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley said Wednesday that the note was "somewhat similar in nature, but not anywhere near as explicit."

In the most recent case, detectives initiated an investigation, and after pursuing numerous leads, with the assistance of State University of New York Police, located the missing female in a dormitory at a state college in Westchester County in the company of Charles Matthews, 18, a student.

Read more: http://northfork.patch.com/articles/second-missing-southold-teen-found-safely

.......... HaLeigh Cummings
Born 8/17/03, Disappeared 2/10/09
Reply With Quote top