Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Florida v Wisniewski - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > Archives > Case Closed

Case Closed For cases previously highlighted where trial is over or victims have been found

Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Florida v Wisniewski

Is anyone watching this trial? I find it fascinating. I am torn between feeling like this young man should not be facing time in prison for what was a clear accident and yet if I was Ashley's mother I might want the person who took her life to go to prison. Also, what about the parents who got him the gun and noone knew there was one bullet left in the chamber. Thoughts?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Banned Camp
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yes I am watching it.
I think the parents deserve much of the blame for not having this boy take gun safety when he was allowed to have the gun. If he had, he would have known first to check the gun before it was put back and made sure there were no bullets in it and the safety was on. The same should have been done when it was taken down from the rack before the two of them "fooled around " with it. That family is lucky the younger boy didn't get hold of it first and a member of their own family may be being mourned.

I don't think the boy deserves jail time because it was a stupid accident that could have been prevented had Dylan been taught properly about guns. But I think he should have a lengthy and harsh probation to reflect on the damage caused to his girlfriend and her family. Sadly I get the gist of listening to his parents being intertviewed he went off to prison.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintzy View Post
Yes I am watching it.
I think the parents deserve much of the blame for not having this boy take gun safety when he was allowed to have the gun. If he had, he would have known first to check the gun before it was put back and made sure there were no bullets in it and the safety was on. The same should have been done when it was taken down from the rack before the two of them "fooled around " with it. That family is lucky the younger boy didn't get hold of it first and a member of their own family may be being mourned.

I don't think the boy deserves jail time because it was a stupid accident that could have been prevented had Dylan been taught properly about guns. But I think he should have a lengthy and harsh probation to reflect on the damage caused to his girlfriend and her family. Sadly I get the gist of listening to his parents being intertviewed he went off to prison.
I cheated and googled the outcome; i won't give it away though. the prosecution says Dylan was aiming at Ashley The proseuctor just said the defendant's utter disregard for gun safety rises to the level of a crime. I dunno I am conflicted about this statement. There is absolutely no history of problems between the two of them and you know this was a horrible accident. Was it reckless? and as you suggest why aren't the parents getting some blame here
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

leagleeagle.... I cannot find the outcome on google... would you be willing to PM me?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-06-2012, 10:42 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Thinking

I'm bothered by the fact that she was shot IN the mouth. How do you accidentally suffer an intra oral gunshot? The only thing I can figure is Dylan was being reckless and pointed the gun at her face and she grabbed the barrel to push it away while yelling at him and the gun discharged...

But if that's the scenario he hold responsibility for being reckless.

JMO
Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 AM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leagleeagle View Post
I cheated and googled the outcome; i won't give it away though. the prosecution says Dylan was aiming at Ashley The proseuctor just said the defendant's utter disregard for gun safety rises to the level of a crime. I dunno I am conflicted about this statement. There is absolutely no history of problems between the two of them and you know this was a horrible accident. Was it reckless? and as you suggest why aren't the parents getting some blame here
I had a problem with him not keeping a simple story straight. When testifying about the bird, he says "my mom came outside.....uh.....I told my mom inside". That's a huge difference and he can't remember?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Banned Camp
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraokeDiva View Post
I'm bothered by the fact that she was shot IN the mouth. How do you accidentally suffer an intra oral gunshot? The only thing I can figure is Dylan was being reckless and pointed the gun at her face and she grabbed the barrel to push it away while yelling at him and the gun discharged...

But if that's the scenario he hold responsibility for being reckless.

JMO
I am thinking she had the gun in her mouth and he doesn't want to say that. I don't see how else it could have been such a clean shot through her mouth not to disturb anything but go right through her tongue.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:13 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Badger View Post
I had a problem with him not keeping a simple story straight. When testifying about the bird, he says "my mom came outside.....uh.....I told my mom inside". That's a huge difference and he can't remember?
ok let's say he has changed his story; what is the significance of that? do you believe he purposely shot her? I don't and I believe he was showing off and it was a horrible accident; I know nothing about guns or rifles but i guess he didn't due his due dilligence to make sure there was not a bullet left in the rifle (it was a rifle right?) before he pulled the trigger
Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
ok let's say he has changed his story; what is the significance of that? do you believe he purposely shot her? I don't and I believe he was showing off and it was a horrible accident; I know nothing about guns or rifles but i guess he didn't due his due dilligence to make sure there was not a bullet left in the rifle (it was a rifle right?) before he pulled the trigger
I have to agree with some negligence.. i just do not see intentional homicide. These 2 had been together for almost 2 years and she had been grounded for 2 weeks, he was just seeing her for the first time in 2 weeks. Seems like they would not have had time to have any huge argument yet...

I don't know. I could be wrong, I just read TRAGIC ACCIDENT from this one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Banned Camp
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayjose View Post
I have to agree with some negligence.. i just do not see intentional homicide. These 2 had been together for almost 2 years and she had been grounded for 2 weeks, he was just seeing her for the first time in 2 weeks. Seems like they would not have had time to have any huge argument yet...

So do I. A careless tragic accident.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Quote:
Wow! What a cavalier attitude he has towards guns! He didn't even know how many rounds it holds? Frightening!

And his father (mother?) assumes that on your 18th birthday you magically become mature and responsible?

They seem to feel that because it was an accident, you should just excuse it and let it go.

Poor Ashley ... poor Ashley's parents.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
:: Cheerful

I do feel sorry for Ashley and her poor family but I am torn about Wisniewski I think it's a horrible thing for everyone . I am glad I am not on the jury..
Old 04-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Banned Camp
On A Justice Quest.

Dylan is not doing himself any favors with his attitude towards the prosecutor. I don't think the jury will like him all that well.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bailey View Post
Wow! What a cavalier attitude he has towards guns! He didn't even know how many rounds it holds? Frightening!

And his father (mother?) assumes that on your 18th birthday you magically become mature and responsible?

They seem to feel that because it was an accident, you should just excuse it and let it go.

Poor Ashley ... poor Ashley's parents.
i agree- he and it seems his whole family has a cavalier attitude towards guns; this kid has an attitude with the prosecutor and I think he got punished for it.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintzy View Post
Dylan is not doing himself any favors with his attitude towards the prosecutor. I don't think the jury will like him all that well.
I am shocked at his attitude; IMO that attitude is what got him 10 years.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Quote:
I am shocked at his attitude; IMO that attitude is what got him 10 years.
He is behaving as if he has done NOTHING wrong and has clearly learned NOTHING from this! He isn't even apologetic or sad or upset ... or SOMETHING, at least!

You think after being sentenced to 10 years that anything got through to him and his totally guiltless attitude? [probably not]
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayjose View Post

Perhaps I expressed myself poorly. I don't see any intent here at all. But I do think extremely reckless behavior was exhibited and it might rise to the level of criminal culpability.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
JQ Registered User
May you walk in Love and Light

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
:: Hot

Are you guys watching InSessions? Sonny is a complete flake, Mike Brooks and Jean were both taught about guns at a young age...and Sonny is having a hissy about it!

Old 04-06-2012, 05:12 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Quote:
I haven't followed any of this at all. What I heard was pretty much the first thing I've heard at all when I turned it on after seeing this thread today. Just found it odd and is something that really sticks out when you listen to the words people use. Bad habit I guess. To me, it seemed he wanted to hide something.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

I am listening to the defense closing; the attorney is alleging Dylan doesn't know how the gun went off and denies pulling the trigger- watching some of his testimony - well, he is not believable. Def atty saying he may have accidentally engaged the trigger-- part of my problem with Dylan is that while I don't believe he had a conscious intent to pull the trigger, he isn't taking responsibility for what happened; couple that with his bad attitude on the stand and I think you have a good chance of a guilty verdict.