Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Eric Millerberg Trial: Ogden, Utah *Guilty of Child-Abuse Homicide* - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > Archives

Archives Old Cases with no current activity

Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Eric Millerberg Trial: Ogden, Utah *Guilty of Child-Abuse Homicide*

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17518169&hpt=us_bn7

From the link:

OGDEN ó An Ogden teen disappeared last month without a trace, leaving family and friends desperate for answers.

"It is like she just vanished," said Bryanna Jacobson, talking about the disappearance of her close friend Alexis Rasmussen.

The disappearance of the 16-year-old has stumped her friends, family, and even police. Rasmussen left a babysitting job in Ogden on Sept.10 at around midnight and never came home.

With no car, money or clothes, Jacobson says her friend wouldn't have run away. "I'm really trying to stay positive and just tell myself that she's going to come home, but I fear the worst, and I think we all do," she said.

Rasmussen's family and friends have posted fliers everywhere. Jacobson also started a Facebook page) to spread the word.

I can't believe we are just now hearing this. What a beautiful girl
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2011...rth-ogden-teen

From the link:

The teenager ran away from home last year, but she told her family that she was running away and returned within a few days.

"When she ran away, I knew where she was. This is a totally different situation. She literally has not contacted me at all," Miera said.

Miera has been trying to call and track her daughter's cell phone, but it has been dead since she disappeared, Miera said.

She does not have a car or a driver's license. She reportedly left the home on foot, police say.

Police have no reason to suspect the residents of the home, said North Ogden Detective Paul Rhoades.

More at the link
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Bring Alexis Home FB page

https://www.facebook.com/BringAlexisHome?sk=wall
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

ALEXIS MICHELE RASMUSSEN
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Jan 24, 1995 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Sep 10, 2011 Race: White
Age Now: 16 Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Missing City: NORTH OGDEN Weight: 115 lbs (52 kg)
Missing State : UT Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Green
Case Number: NCMC1180158
Circumstances: Alexis has gauged ears. Her navel and her lower and upper lips are pierced. Alexis' nickname is Lexi.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
:: Thinking

Body found in investigation of missing N. Ogden teen

NORTH OGDEN ó Police and prosecutors announced Wednesday that a tip from a confidential informant in the investigation of a missing teen has led them to human remains in rural Morgan County.

Investigators say an autopsy will be conducted Wednesday, which would positively identify whether the body is that of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussun, who has been missing since Sept. 11, when she never returned home from a babysitting job.

Police gave very few details during a brief press conference Wednesday morning, not releasing the sex of the body, the condition of the remains or whether the body was found in a shallow grave or above ground.

Weber County Attorney Dee Smith said investigators discovered the site Tuesday afternoon after a confidential informant, whom they had talked to before, apparently gave information that "did led them to site where the remains were discovered."

Smith would not say who the informant was or if he or she is now considered a suspect in the case.

more at link

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17732587
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2011, 01:31 AM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Police have identified suspects but will not reveal who they are as the investigation continues. An autopsy was being carried out on Wednesday.
Dee Smith, Weber Countyís chief law enforcement official, told the Salt Lake Tribune there is a Ďstrong possibilityí that it is Alexisís body.
The girlís best friend Brenna Cain cried as she told the newspaper Ďit never would have happenedí if she had been with Alexis that night.
Pictures of Alexis, a blonde girl with two face piercings, have been shown on television, put on Facebook and plastered across the town on flyers.
She had run away from her home once in the past, but was only gone for a day and texted her mother and called her brother during that time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1bOKSkG1p
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 AM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Couple who hired teenager Alexis Rasmussen to babysit before she was murdered now 'persons of interest'

A prosecutor says the Utah neighbours of a dead teenage girl who mysteriously vanished six weeks ago while babysitting are now 'persons of interest' in the case.
North Ogden police say 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen vanished on September 10 after babysitting for neighbourhood couple Eric and Dea Millerberg. Authorities found Miss Rasmussen's body in a shallow grave on October 18 near Interstate 84 east of Ogden.
Weber County Attorney Dee Smith is now calling the couple 'persons of interest' after 36-year-old Eric Millerberg was sent back to prison on Tuesday for violating his probation in a 2010 fraud case. Millerberg's wife remains jailed after being charged on October 7 with two prescription fraud felonies.

A telephone message for Eric Millerberg's attorney was not immediately returned on Tuesday.
He was originally convicted of forgery and credit card fraud when he was arrested for having drugs. He did not reference the disappearance of Miss Rasmussen during his court appearance.

He claimed to have a prescription for oxycodone, which police found in his possession. 'I have pains. I have a metal plate in my neck and six screws,' he told the judge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1btPymCeB
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 PM
MIA
On A Justice Quest.

Couple finally charged in drug overdose death and body dumping of their teenage babysitter

Alexis Rasmussen, 16, disappeared in September, her body was found six weeks later in a shallow grave

Eric and Dea Millerberg were long suspected in the death

Mr Millerberg is accused of giving Alexis the drugs she overdosed on
He also faces charges of having sex with the minor

The neighbours of a dead teenage girl who mysteriously vanished while babysitting for them have finally been charged over her death.

Couple Eric and Dea Millerberg were long suspected in the death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen who was discovered in a shallow grave in October six weeks after disappearing.

Alexis of North Ogden, Utah died from a drug overdose, on September 10 before her body was dumped in a remote area of Morgan County.

more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...abysitter.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2012, 09:06 PM
JQ Registered User
'A' Warriors United!

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

So glad to see these POS' were finally charged w/this girl's death. Nice couple .
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2012, 04:46 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Jeana and maryjane.................these two are horrific and need to be behind bars as long as they breathe!!! IMO

Horrific death of babysitter 'injected with meth and heroin by couple who had sex with her before dumping her body in woods'
Apri 10 2012

The woman charged with helping her husband dispose of their teenage babysitter’s dead body revealed the extent of their relationship with the girl before her death, including their varied drug use and group sex sessions.

Dea Millerberg testified in a Salt Lake City courtroom on Monday about the death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen, the girl that she and her husband Eric had used as a babysitter but then became friends with, involving her in drugs and underage sex.

Months after the September 10 death of Alexis, the Millerbergs were charged for their involvement in her death and Mrs Millerberg testified against her husband in court on Monday after receiving immunity for any direct involvement with the girl’s death.

Really long article..............It's horrible what they did!!!

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2BlQus9pW

Like a Bridge Over Troubled Waters..........I Will Lay You Down. That is all that every family who has one who is missing wants to do. :Hflowers:

[COLOR="Blue"]RIP TOBY....FOREVER REMEMBERED[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

White supremacist gang member who 'injected babysitter with heroin and had sex with her before dumping her body' prided himself on teaching teens how to abuse drugs... and was brought down by a fellow gang member
Details emerging about 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen's death

Gang member Casey Peterson said Mr Millerberg called himself a 'watcher of the flock' meaning that he felt it important that he be the one to help teens do drugs 'so they wouldn't go elsewhere and try it on their own'

One of Alexis' friends, whose name was not released, also testified that the two of them would go over to the Millerberg's house to smoke drugs, and that the 36-year-old man was the one to teach them how to smoke methamphetamine out of a light bulb.

Peterson's statement, which was read in court, confirmed the account of the night given by Mrs Millerberg, saying that Alexis died in their home because of the drugs and they could not revive her,

snip

New details also painted a grizzly picture of the body itself when it was finally found, as detective Mike Tribe said that Alexis's corpse was found kneeling face down, covered in brush in a rural part of Morgan County.

He said that her neon toe nail polish, ankle bracelets and jawline helped identify her.

snip

Read more

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2BlTRsRtG

Like a Bridge Over Troubled Waters..........I Will Lay You Down. That is all that every family who has one who is missing wants to do. :Hflowers:

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

White supremacist gang member changes wife's name on neck tattoo from 'Dea' to 'Death' after she testifies against him in drugs homicide trial
May 30, 2012

The white supremacist charged with homicide in the drug overdose death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen has altered a tattoo that once honored the wife who is now testifying against him.

Eric Millerberg, from Utah, a member of the Silent Arayan Warriors, has added to a neck tattoo that read Dea. It now reads 'Death'.

Itís unclear when the tattoo was changed, but it was visible during an April 9 preliminary hearing when Dea Millerberg testified against him.

snip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ifies-him.html

Guess that's a threat for Dea?? Who cares? They both belong behind bars or having the same fate as Alexis. IMHO

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2013, 10:50 AM
JQ Registered User
Hope is a good thing, maybe
the best of things, and no
good thing ever dies

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
:: Inspired

Hair follicles tests delay Millerberg baby sitter homicide trial

By Tim Gurrister
Standard-Examiner staff
Wed, 06/12/2013 - 12:00am

OGDEN — Eric Millerberg’s trial in the drug overdose death of his baby sitter was bumped eight months Tuesday because of hair follicles.

At a status conference, both the prosecution and the defense told 2nd District Judge Scott Hadley next month’s trial would have to be delayed as the existence of follicle tests of Millerberg’s hair only recently became known.

The defense will need weeks to examine the testing to determine any relevance to the case, likely requiring the hiring of an expert, which triggers a cost review when public defenders request additional funding. Prosecutors would then need time to respond to any findings.

“It’s frustrating but unavoidable,” Deputy Weber County Attorney Chris Shaw told the judge. “He has the right to a fair trial.”

Trial had been set for July for Millerberg, charged with child abuse homicide and related offenses in the drug overdose death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen in September 2011.

SNIP

Because of conflicts in the schedules of the numerous lawyers involved, the soonest available trial date for Eric Millerberg was in February. Hadley set the trial for Feb. 10, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20 and 21.

His trial had been set to run from July 22 into the first week of August, with Dea Millerberg slated to testify against him. Her trial was set to follow and will also likely have to be rescheduled.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2013...homicide-trial
Old 07-02-2013, 10:14 PM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Man awaiting trial in North Ogden teen's death stabbed in Utah State Prison

By Whitney Evans, Deseret News
Published: Tuesday, July 2 2013 7:20 p.m. MDT
Updated: 41 minutes ago

DRAPER — A North Ogden man awaiting trial in the death his 16-year-old baby sitter was stabbed Monday at the Utah State Prison.

Eric Millerberg, 36, suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being stabbed during "some sort of altercation" in his cell just before 5 p.m., according to Utah Department of Corrections spokesman Steve Gehrke.

Millerberg's cellmate is being treated as a suspect, as he was the only person with access to the man when he was stabbed, Gehrke said.

During the altercation, Millerberg was stabbed several times in his upper body with a shiv — a piece of metal sharpened into a point. He was treated at a local hospital and was in stable condition Tuesday night, Gehrke said.

A motive for the stabbing was unknown Tuesday, he said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...te-Prison.html

Oh what a pity...
Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 PM
JQ Registered User
'A' Warriors United!

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
Man awaiting trial in North Ogden teen's death stabbed in Utah State Prison

By Whitney Evans, Deseret News
Published: Tuesday, July 2 2013 7:20 p.m. MDT
Updated: 41 minutes ago

DRAPER ó A North Ogden man awaiting trial in the death his 16-year-old baby sitter was stabbed Monday at the Utah State Prison.

Eric Millerberg, 36, suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being stabbed during "some sort of altercation" in his cell just before 5 p.m., according to Utah Department of Corrections spokesman Steve Gehrke.

Millerberg's cellmate is being treated as a suspect, as he was the only person with access to the man when he was stabbed, Gehrke said.

During the altercation, Millerberg was stabbed several times in his upper body with a shiv ó a piece of metal sharpened into a point. He was treated at a local hospital and was in stable condition Tuesday night, Gehrke said.

A motive for the stabbing was unknown Tuesday, he said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...te-Prison.html

Oh what a pity...
Yeah, what a cryin' shame .
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2013, 09:57 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Dea Millerberg gets new trial date in baby sitter's death

By Emiley Morgan, Deseret News
Published: Wednesday, Aug. 7 2013 8:00 p.m. MDT

OGDEN — A new trial date has been set for a North Ogden woman charged in connection with the death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen.

Dea Millerberg, 40, will face a single count of abuse or desecration of a human body, a third-degree felony, when the case goes to trial April 3.

Millerberg's husband, Eric, is charged with child abuse homicide, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; and unlawful sexual activity with a minor and abuse or desecration of a human body, both third-degree felonies, in connection with Alexis' death.

Eric Millerberg is scheduled to stand trial in February.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ers-death.html
Old 08-14-2013, 08:19 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Eric Millerberg’s February trial stands in sitter’s overdose death

By Tim Gurrister
Tue, 08/13/2013 - 10:20pm

OGDEN — February trial dates for Eric Millerberg were affirmed Tuesday on his charges in the drug overdose death of his children’s baby sitter.

He is charged with child abuse homicide and related offenses in the death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen in September 2011.

In June, Millerberg’s July trial was bumped to Feb. 10-21 in 2nd District Court after the defense sought the delay at the discovery of hair-strand testing done by the state Division of Child and Family Services as part of juvenile court proceedings regarding Millerberg’s children.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2013...overdose-death
Old 10-09-2013, 11:00 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Millerberg has parole hearing on fraud charge

By Pat Reavy, Deseret News
Published: Tuesday, Oct. 8 2013 6:43 p.m. MDT

UTAH STATE PRISON — The man accused of killing his 16-year-old baby sitter had a parole hearing Tuesday.

But Eric Millerberg's hearing was about his 2010 conviction on credit card fraud, not about his upcoming trial in the death of Alexis Rasmussen.

Millerberg, 36, is scheduled to go to trial in February on charges of child abuse homicide, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; unlawful sexual activity with a minor and abuse or desecration of a human body, both third-degree felonies.

He is accused of injecting a fatal dose of heroin and methamphetamine into Rasmussen during a drug binge that also included Millerberg's now estranged wife, Dea.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ud-charge.html

Yep, POS trial is scheduled for February 10-21, 2014, damn shame it has taken this long.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:54 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Eric Millerberg to Appear in Court Tuesday

December 10, 2013

(KUTV) A court hearing took place Tuesday for a man accused of having sex with his teenage babysitter, then overdosing her with drugs and ditching her body.

Eric Millerberg went before a judge in Ogden. Millerberg is headed for trial in just a couple months and there's a lot of work going into preparing for that trial. At the Tuesday hearing, the judge wanted to see how that work is progressing and lay some ground rule for the case. The judge worked through some of the mechanics of the murder trial set for February.
The judge will start with a pool of 100 potential jurors and work with attorneys to seat a jury in the first two days.

Snip

Millerberg's trial starts February 10th.

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories...vid_8587.shtml
Old 01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
JQ Registered User
good thing ever dies

Eric Millerberg's jury selection begins today - January 7, 2014. His trial will start on February 10, 2014.