Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Komisarjevsky seeks new trial in deadly home invasion - Page 3 - JusticeQuest
JusticeQuest  
-:

Go Back   JusticeQuest > And Justice for All > Archives > Petit Family Murder Trials

Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Cheshire Invasion Prosecutor Gives Rare Interview About Two Trials

http://www.courant.com/community/che...,3756275.story
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
JQ Registered User
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie c View Post
Get a load of this.

Komisarjevsky plans to speak in court, tells his pen pal he has something he needs to say

http://nhregister.com/articles/2012/...4188691459.txt
My thoughts:

1. He had an opportunity to tell his side already.. When it mattered - during the trial.. and he chose not to. So why should anyone care now?

2. He says he doesn't "need 12 people or 10 million people who werenít there to tell me what Iím guilty of"... Too bad, so sad. When he decided to engage in criminal activities, like home invasion and beating a sleeping man... then raping a child... and all the other mayhem --- he opened himself up to a trial in which he would be judged for said criminal activities. If he didn't want to hear 12 other people's opinions, then he shouldn't have violated that family.

3. He whines about being "condemned to die by a society that finds (me) to be worthless"... Just like he condemned his victim's and decided their lives meant nothing... as he killed them.

4. He talks about how many lives are being broken by HIS crime.. saying that his death sentence will destroy his family, but what he doesn't seem to realize is that his crimes have already destroyed his family.. And he's destroyed the Petit's lives, because of his own actions..

What an asshole!! I wish there would be video of the Judge sentencing this cretin!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2012, 02:35 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

My sentiments exactly. It's all about him. He is a coward looking for a way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex_LavenderBlonde View Post
My thoughts:

1. He had an opportunity to tell his side already.. When it mattered - during the trial.. and he chose not to. So why should anyone care now?

2. He says he doesn't "need 12 people or 10 million people who werenít there to tell me what Iím guilty of"... Too bad, so sad. When he decided to engage in criminal activities, like home invasion and beating a sleeping man... then raping a child... and all the other mayhem --- he opened himself up to a trial in which he would be judged for said criminal activities. If he didn't want to hear 12 other people's opinions, then he shouldn't have violated that family.

3. He whines about being "condemned to die by a society that finds (me) to be worthless"... Just like he condemned his victim's and decided their lives meant nothing... as he killed them.

4. He talks about how many lives are being broken by HIS crime.. saying that his death sentence will destroy his family, but what he doesn't seem to realize is that his crimes have already destroyed his family.. And he's destroyed the Petit's lives, because of his own actions..

What an asshole!! I wish there would be video of the Judge sentencing this cretin!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2013, 06:24 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This is ******* ridiculous!!

Komisarjevsky Lawyer May Seek New Trial Over Police Tapes
July 23, 2013

An attorney for convicted Cheshire home invasion killer Joshua Komisarjevsky said Tuesday he may seek a new trial on grounds that the defense was not provided tapes of calls into the police department on the morning of the triple murder.

The Courant obtained the 41 taped phone calls that came into the Cheshire Police Department's three private phone lines on the morning of July 23, 2007, and posted some of the calls online Monday.

snip

"We did not get them," said attorney Walter Bansley. "There is no doubt that if we were aware of those calls we would have tried to use them at trial and it would have made for a different defense.''

Bansley said lawyers had long discussions about whether to make an issue of the police response as part of Komisarjevsky's defense. He said the defense team decided against heavily criticizing the police out of concerns it would backfire with the jury.

"Failure to disclose evidence is a big legal issue particularly in a death penalty case where judges allow almost everything in as evidence,'' Bansley said. "Is it grounds for a new trial? Or just a possible court sanction for not turning over evidence? That's what we are discussing now."

Komisarjevsky's death-penalty conviction is already on appeal. His lawyers on the appeal are John Holdridge and Moira Buckley. The lead attorney at his trial was Jeremiah Donovan. Donovan referred comment on the tapes to Bansley because Bansley was the attorney who concentrated on the police response for the defense team. Bansley said he is discussing the legal options with all of the lawyers.

snip

http://articles.courant.com/2013-07-...s-steven-hayes

Like a Bridge Over Troubled Waters..........I Will Lay You Down. That is all that every family who has one who is missing wants to do. :Hflowers:

[COLOR="Blue"]RIP TOBY....FOREVER REMEMBERED[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2013, 06:29 PM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Angelic

OFGS, what are these attys. getting out of this?

What possibly could the 911 calls do?

These attys. are just trying to make a name for themselves. Please tell me the state of Conn. is not paying them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Banned Camp
Quest for Justice for Victims

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
:: Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
This is ******* ridiculous!!

Komisarjevsky Lawyer May Seek New Trial Over Police Tapes
July 23, 2013

An attorney for convicted Cheshire home invasion killer Joshua Komisarjevsky said Tuesday he may seek a new trial on grounds that the defense was not provided tapes of calls into the police department on the morning of the triple murder.

The Courant obtained the 41 taped phone calls that came into the Cheshire Police Department's three private phone lines on the morning of July 23, 2007, and posted some of the calls online Monday.

snip

"We did not get them," said attorney Walter Bansley. "There is no doubt that if we were aware of those calls we would have tried to use them at trial and it would have made for a different defense.''

Bansley said lawyers had long discussions about whether to make an issue of the police response as part of Komisarjevsky's defense. He said the defense team decided against heavily criticizing the police out of concerns it would backfire with the jury.

"Failure to disclose evidence is a big legal issue particularly in a death penalty case where judges allow almost everything in as evidence,'' Bansley said. "Is it grounds for a new trial? Or just a possible court sanction for not turning over evidence? That's what we are discussing now."

Komisarjevsky's death-penalty conviction is already on appeal. His lawyers on the appeal are John Holdridge and Moira Buckley. The lead attorney at his trial was Jeremiah Donovan. Donovan referred comment on the tapes to Bansley because Bansley was the attorney who concentrated on the police response for the defense team. Bansley said he is discussing the legal options with all of the lawyers.

snip

http://articles.courant.com/2013-07-...s-steven-hayes

I believe it would change nothing.

Both admitted to what they've done.

I believe the defense attorney needs to just walk away. This was a brutal, heinous, horrendous murder of three innocent people. The one's who did it, admitted it and are sitting on death row, where they belong..
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post

I believe it would change nothing.

Both admitted to what they've done.

I believe the defense attorney needs to just walk away. This was a brutal, heinous, horrendous murder of three innocent people. The one's who did it, admitted it and are sitting on death row, where they belong..
This is why I fucking hate criminal defense attornies- so many of them are amoral asswipes IMO. He knows the heinousness of what his vile client did and yet he does this. Sociopaths find garbage like this to assist them with their vile deeds.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2013, 08:49 AM
JQ Registered User
Trying to stop swearing so
much

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
:: Veggedout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBlue View Post
I guess I was trying to convey that... He has tried to insult and get to Dr. Petit throughout the trail. It isn't enough that he took his whole world from him, he wants to hurt him more. He's probably annoyed that Dr Petit is moving on with his life after all he's gone through. I can see K being vengeful and spiteful.
He and grodi would make a good couple.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 AM
JQ Registered User
loving my precious dog Cookie

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
:: Wtf

I dont think he stands a chance in hell of getting another trial. But then what do I know, this is the justice system, right. Justice has been served. imo
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2013, 11:53 AM
JQ Registered User
Pffft

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
:: Cynical

Someone just needs to shank him in the shower

zone
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2013, 12:28 AM
JQ Registered User
On A Justice Quest.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
:: Amazed

what a bunch of fucking bullshit.

this would have no result in ZERO change in the jury verdicts.

what a bunch of crap. needs to be denied.
new england patriots: superbowl champions 2001 2003 2004 2014 afc champions 1985 1996 2001 2003 2004 2007 2011 2014 2016 afc/afl east champions 1963 1978 1986 1996 1997 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2014, 12:53 PM
JQ Registered User
All the great things are
simple, and many can be
expressed in a single word:
freedom, justice, honor, duty,
mercy, hope

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
:: Busy
Thumbs down

Connecticut home invasion killer seeks new trial
1 hr ago
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/co...eeks-new-trial

One of two men convicted in the killings of a mother and her two daughters in a 2007 Connecticut home invasion is seeking a new trial, saying recordings of non-emergency police phone lines were withheld from the defense.
Lawyers for Joshua Komisarjevsky asked the Connecticut Supreme Court last week to hold an evidentiary hearing, reverse Komisarjevsky's convictions and order a new trial.
The lawyers, Moira Buckley and John Holdridge, said the recordings would have proved a defense theory that the police response to the home invasion in the quiet suburb of Cheshire was inadequate ó an effort to question the credibility of police witnesses who testified against Komisarjevsky.

Prosecutors said the recordings were given to the defense and don't raise any significant appeal issues.
Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes are on death row for the killings of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela. Hawke-Petit's husband, Dr. William Petit, was severely beaten but survived.
Komisarjevsky's motion to the Supreme Court said the defense was not trying to place blame on police over the response, but "to challenge the credibility of various Cheshire police witnesses who testified against him by demonstrating their motive, self-interest, bias and prejudice against him."
It's not clear when the Supreme Court will take up the issue.