02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Start here on Friday.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/10690077/#/vid10690077

http://www.wtvd.com/

http://www.nbc17.com/

full coverage - http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 07:32 AM
I might be mistaken about the jury makeup so RPD can correct me when he attends court today. Some of them were hidden from me because of the way the jury box is situated in that tiny room. Plus, there is so much else to look at that your head stays on a swivel.

Jason does much the same as you see him on the livestream. When something is being discussed that he doesn't care to hear, he looks down and starts doodling and blinking his eyes.

Before the afternoon session began and during the break, he appeared so relaxed, meandering around the DT area, all smiles and chatty. If I didn't know better, I would have never guessed he was the one on trial :(

Scampi
02-10-2012, 07:35 AM
I might be mistaken about the jury makeup so RPD can correct me when he attends court today. Some of them were hidden from me because of the way the jury box is situated in that tiny room. Plus, there is so much else to look at that your head stays on a swivel.

Jason does much the same as you see him on the livestream. When something is being discussed that he doesn't care to hear, he looks down and starts doodling and blinking his eyes.

Before the afternoon session began and during the break, he appeared so relaxed, meandering around the DT area, all smiles and chatty. If I didn't know better, I would have never guessed he was the one on trial :(

Thanks for your report Go. I guess we should be thankful he hasn't swallowed or peed on anything...................yet.

Barbara2
02-10-2012, 07:48 AM

I'm sure he's been instructed to not allow the jury to see that side of him. I would imagine that his attorneys have told him to be a blank slate for the jurors.

tboagain
02-10-2012, 07:53 AM
morning peeps, working from home today (cough) will Michelle be testifying today? i was given the link to her testimony last time but for some reason i couldn't get it to start oh well. :(

Sun.
02-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Sea Saw
I'm so glad there are so many new posters watching the trial with fresh eyes. It doesn't change my opinion that Jason killed Michelle, but it does give a perspective to how the jury is seeing it. Thank you all for that.

Thank you for saying this! Good morning everyone!

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 08:41 AM
hey guys, I finally have a day off and can watch the trial.

would anyone be willing to send me a short (or long) PM with where we are right now?

I was able to watch until around 1 pm on Tues. (DT was just starting their cross of MF).

I would really appreciate it and will return the favor when I can!

thanks,

pk

Peony
02-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks for your report Go. I guess we should be thankful he hasn't swallowed or peed on anything...................yet.

Give him time...or a beer or 8.

Palomine
02-10-2012, 08:51 AM
This is what I think was happening before Michelle got murdered. Because Cassidy's doll and blanket were on Jason's side of the bed, I believe Cassidy and Michelle were sleeping together. During the murder Cassidy came off the bed onto the side where her Mom was and came in contact with her Mom's blood.

There doesn't appear to be any child foot prints in the master bedroom but we have not seen any pictures of the side that Michelle was on (deceased) no child prints in the master bedroom

Jason had to pick Cassidy up and carry her to the bathroom releasing her at the door where her tiny foot prints begin. He closed the door to keep her in there while he cleaned up.

He cleaned Cassidy's feet up and put her back onto his side of the bed where she was found the next day

Someone with Hatred committed this murder..because of the number of wounds

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone! TGIF! Another day closer to JUSTICE!

I rewatched Dr. Clark and saw Michelle's clothes. :( I never thought that her jacket was white. Seeing it being held up by Dr. Clark was bad enough, imagine being Meredith? Cassidy? Ugh.

Prayers for strength for this jury to convict this POS.

IMO,
Lilismom

Sun.
02-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Good morning everyone! TGIF! Another day closer to JUSTICE!

I rewatched Dr. Clark and saw Michelle's clothes. :( I never thought that her jacket was white. Seeing it being held up by Dr. Clark was bad enough, imagine being Meredith? Cassidy? Ugh.

Prayers for strength for this jury to convict this POS.

IMO,
Lilismom

Did Meridith describe the jacket as being red in her testimony? I thought I heard this, but can't recall if Meridith said this, or if Shelley Schaad might have said this.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Did Meridith describe the jacket as being red in her testimony? I thought I heard this, but can't recall if Meridith said this, or if Shelley Schaad might have said this.

I thought SS said it was red too, but then I was corrected by someone.

IMO,
Lilismom

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 09:21 AM
hey guys, I finally have a day off and can watch the trial.

would anyone be willing to send me a short (or long) PM with where we are right now?

I was able to watch until around 1 pm on Tues. (DT was just starting their cross of MF).

I would really appreciate it and will return the favor when I can!

thanks,

pk

thanks, Thrace!

some things that so far are popping out to me from the recap:

* HAHAHA!! to the lies that were posted about the detectives getting LOST while driving JY's route to his sales appt!!!

* I think no one cleaned CY's feet. I think she walked around enough for her feet to appear clean (MF testified that there was dried blood around her nailbeds)

* I KNEW I had spotted blood on the doorknow leading to the garage. MY's blood.

going to keep reading...

Palomine
02-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Day 3 pt 4 Shelly testimony at 2:30 of video she said she was wearing RED fleece top while she was there

SondraK
02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
:wave: Thoughts from mock juror:
Who else could have such rage toward Michelle?
What robber would have concern for Cassidy?
Can both the newspaper woman and the station cashier both be wrong?
Could all the hotel occurances be unrelated?

Lots of circumstantial evidence here without other explanation.:(

Barbara2
thanks, Thrace!

some things that so far are popping out to me from the recap:

* HAHAHA!! to the lies that were posted about the detectives getting LOST while driving JY's route to his sales appt!!!

* I think no one cleaned CY's feet. I think she walked around enough for her feet to appear clean (MF testified that there was dried blood around her nailbeds)

* I KNEW I had spotted blood on the doorknow leading to the garage. MY's blood.

going to keep reading...

That yellow duck, hooded towel on the bathroom floor also had blood all over it. I zoomed the page up to 400% and it was very obvious.

Thrace
I thought SS said it was red too, but then I was corrected by someone.

IMO,
Lilismom

I heard red fleece top. Doesn't look like the t-shirt or the zip up were fleece to me. Hard to tell about the fabric of the zip up. Looked like the zip up had pink trim along the bottom.

Talina
02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Day 3 pt 4 Shelly testimony at 2:30 of video she said she was wearing RED fleece top

Thanks for finding that. I couldn't remember either.

What that does for me is blows out the DT theory that someone could have followed her inside the house as Shelly left (since SS said she didn't watch her go back inside).

She did not have a red fleece shirt on from what it looked like to me at the time of the murder so she must have changed into a shirt she intended to sleep in for the night sometime after SS left.

IMO

Thrace
02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
geez this guy on IS is describing JY to a tee.

Sun.
02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Day 3 pt 4 Shelly testimony at 2:30 of video she said she was wearing RED fleece top

Thank you, Palomine!... This example really goes to show how sometimes witness testimony of details may not be correct.

Talina
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Thank you, Palomine!... This example really goes to show how sometimes witness testimony of details may not be correct.

How so? She could very well have been wearing a red fleece top when SS was there and changed into something different later when she went to bed.

I don't see an issue with this at all.

:confused:

Lilismom
:wave: Thoughts from mock juror:
Who else could have such rage toward Michelle?
What robber would have concern for Cassidy?
Can both the newspaper woman and the station cashier both be wrong?
Could all the hotel occurances be unrelated?

Lots of circumstantial evidence here without other explanation.:(

Amen Sondra! But this exactly our problem. It seems these days juries want video and are just too lazy to figure it out? They tune out during the trial? No one is strong enough to stand up and said WAIT A MINUTE, let's go over all this again?

The pros. closing definitely needs to include what circumstantial evidence is and point out that MOST cases are built on circumstantial evidence.

IMO,
Lilismom

StickyBeak
Good Morning Everyone,

I am sure SS said Michelle jacket was Red as well. Palomine, I too was wondering if bloody footprints on other side of bed, would seem your scenerio spot on.

Is start time 9:30 this am?

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for finding that. I couldn't remember either.

What that does for me is blows out the DT theory that someone could have followed her inside the house as Shelly left (since SS said she didn't watch her go back inside).

She did not have a red fleece shirt on from what it looked like to me at the time of the murder so she must have changed into a shirt she intended to sleep in for the night sometime after SS left.

IMO

yes, she probably grabbed something out of the laundry basket of clean clothes (pictured in crimes scene photos in the family room) and threw the red fleece top on top of the basket, as was found.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 09:33 AM
How so? She could very well have been wearing a red fleece top when SS was there and changed into something different later when she went to bed.

I doubt she had that white tshirt on under the red fleece top. The red top was probably a nicer shirt and she changed into the tshirt & put the zip up on cause it was so cold upstairs.

NCMom
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
morning peeps, working from home today (cough) will Michelle be testifying today? i was given the link to her testimony last time but for some reason i couldn't get it to start oh well. :(

I think they need to have michelle money on, or the camper slut...nice image to leave the jury with over the weekend. As if this case wasn't heartbreaking enough, it makes me sick that these women sat at Michelle's table, smiled to her face, and were sleeping with her husband in her own bed. Seems to be an epidemic of lack of self respect among her "friends" and aquaintences.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM

And I think it was the prosecution, who KNOWS what color the jacket was that asked. :doh:

Could she have changed jackets? Sure. But I doubt she did. I think SS was just mistaken. 6 years is a long time to remember every little detail and considering I think SS was better this trial than last, I'll cut her the slack.

But the jury only has this trial, so are they the details they will hang onto?

IMO,
Lilismom

Snowshuze
02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Good day trial junkies. Lets roll. :)

Sun.
yes, she probably grabbed something out of the laundry basket of clean clothes (pictured in crimes scene photos in the family room) and threw the red fleece top on top of the basket, as was found.

I guess I missed seeing those crime scene photos in this trial. Or, has the prosecution not shown those yet in this trial?

protectkidz
That yellow duck, hooded towel on the bathroom floor also had blood all over it. I zoomed the page up to 400% and it was very obvious.

Barb, I think she walked off the majority of the blood while it was still wet.

I'm agreeing with another posters theory that JY put her in the bathroom - probably while he was going thru his closet and changing.

I think her then took her into her room and drugged her, rocked her for a bit and then left the radio on for her.

we're starting!

Talina
02-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Linda Fisher first witness up this morning.

aggie c
Exactly. I don't believe that was clarified in the last trial.

Sea Saw
geez this guy on IS is describing JY to a tee.

He sure did!

enigma™
Linda Fisher will be the first witness. And I have melting screen syndrome. :doh:

Barbara2
02-10-2012, 09:39 AM
One point of interest for those who didn't follow the first trial: Terry Tiller, the NYT delivery person, was called by the defense last time. This time she was a prosecution witness. I thought that was weird last time since I thought her observations pointed to JY being there at a time that fit with the Kings Brothers visit as well as the camera being knocked to the ceiling.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I suggest everytime the defense asks a question of a witness & they don't recall/answer is no- then don't back it up with look a police report or previous testimony, they are fishing. More than likely something JY or his family dreamed up.

Palomine
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM

thats what I was going to say

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM
OMG this jury I am extremely worried about their lack of Candor.....a Juror got up and left the jury box and said "I need a break" and she LEFT THE ROOM!!

The judge is now admonishing that juror and telling them if they cannot HEAR SAY SO!

Palomine
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
"I need a BREAK and walking out during testimony...I predict that juror will be gone before end of trial

CatToy
He also said his court room is not so strict that they would need to do that; if they need a BREAK JUST ASK HIM!

This points to me that this JUROR DOES NOT CARE ONE IOTA ABOUT THIS CASE. NOT ONE IOTA>

Kindee
I agree jason drugged the baby but taking time to "rock" her? no way in hell. He was in a raging hurry. And probably never rocked that baby in his LIFE. Drugging, yes, turning noise up yes, rocking, jmo hell no.

NCMom
02-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Off topic, but Linda has really great hair- guess I notice that more since mine is falling out.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Good way to start the day. Bring Michelle into the courtroom in LIFE after the horrific photos yesterday.

IMO,
Lilismom

CatToy
At least TTV is getting their shit together....sending jean to a trial where there is no coverage, airing a Canned Tuna for it's minions....and so many demanding they cover JY.

And here we are, 5 days in now they decide to cover it when they had ALL WEEKEND like we all did to prepare for watching live testimony. Idiots.

CatToy
Off topic, but Linda has really great hair- guess I notice that more since mine is falling out.

It's very full! I use BedHead...for Volume lol.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Wow. The languages is new.

Talina
OMG this jury I am extremely worried about their lack of Candor.....a Juror got up and left the jury box and said "I need a break" and she LEFT THE ROOM!!

The judge is now admonishing that juror and telling them if they cannot HEAR SAY SO!

"I need a BREAK and walking out during testimony...I predict that juror will be gone before end of trial

Wait....I heard him say that a juror did that in a case he tried 5 or 6 years ago, not this jury.

He was giving that as an example that they need to speak up if they need a break before he calls for one and that they do not need to wait for him to say break time.

At least that is what I heard him say.

IMO

Barbara2

Actually he said that incident happened about 5 years ago when a juror got up and said, "I need a break" and walked to the door. He said that he announced, "Sounds like a good time to take a break!" Then he went on to remind them that if they need a break before he calls for you, let him know.

NCMom
I thought he was talking about a juror from a case a few years ago.

SondraK
I understood him to say a juror walked out in a PAST trial of his, not this one.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:45 AM
BTW the Judge did also say HE RUNS THIS COURTROOM.....

He was pissed off....and I'm glad he admonished the juror but this speaks volumes as to whether or not this juror is adequate to sit.

Sun.
And I think it was the prosecution, who KNOWS what color the jacket was that asked. :doh:

Could she have changed jackets? Sure. But I doubt she did. I think SS was just mistaken. 6 years is a long time to remember every little detail and considering I think SS was better this trial than last, I'll cut her the slack.

IMO,
Lilismom

It's hard to imagine that anyone on the jury might know fewer details than I do, about this case. The issue of the color of her top/jacket isn't a detail that I put much weight on at all. But as the trial goes on, if I notice that more and more details provided by that witness aren't correct, then I would start to wonder why. Yes, years can fade a person's memory....and that is why isn't a disadvantage to the prosecution that trials are held after so much time has passed.

CatToy
Wait....I heard him say that a juror did that in a case he tried 5 or 6 years ago, not this jury.

He was giving that as an example that they need to speak up if they need a break before he calls for one and that they do not need to wait for him to say break time.

At least that is what I heard him say.

IMO

Nope, he said YESTERDAY THIS HAPPENED.

StickyBeak
He also said his court room is not so strict that they would need to do that; if they need a BREAK JUST ASK HIM!

This points to me that this JUROR DOES NOT CARE ONE IOTA ABOUT THIS CASE. NOT ONE IOTA>

Scarey, yesterday it was the seats are hard, but to just walk out! They are inconvenienced, will want cake next.

Palomine
One point of interest for those who didn't follow the first trial: Terry Tiller, the NYT delivery person, was called by the defense last time. This time she was a prosecution witness. I thought that was weird last time since I thought her observations pointed to JY being there at a time that fit with the Kings Brothers visit as well as the camera being knocked to the ceiling.

original testimony

www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9758853/#/vid9758853

enigma™
02-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Linda talking about Michelle and growing up, what Linda did - math teacher. She was also cheerleading coach. Coached her daughters. Both girls cheered in HS. Michelle was in a play, talent shows, language club, took 5 years French, 4 years Russian & was fluent.

Graduation time - looking for College - chose NC State why? Good memory, did a road trip, went to 4 schools she thought of attending. 1 for architecture, wanted to cheer, loved NC State. The 3 women took the road trip. Graduated NC State w/accounting degree. Then to Grad school. Became CPA - after 4 tests, passed all 4 first try. Studious person. Started @ Deloitte & Touche (sp) accounting firm in downtown Raleigh. Briefly worked @ the college. Then on to PE until her death.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:46 AM
I thought he was talking about a juror from a case a few years ago.

That is so weird isn't it? I have on super speakers lol and they are right in my left ear. hehe:wub:

I heard him say yesterday this happened and he needed to address it.

Talina
02-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Nope, he said YESTERDAY THIS HAPPENED.

I'm going to have to relisten when it is posted then because that is not what I heard him say at all. :confused:

I didn't see him as admonishing the jury at all with what he said.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Linda talking about Michelle and growing up, what Linda did - math teacher. She was also cheerleading coach. Coached her daughters. Both girls cheered in HS. Michelle was in a play, talent shows, language club, took 5 years French, 4 years Russian & was fluent.

Graduation time - looking for College - chose NC State why? Good memory, did a road trip, went to 4 schools she thought of attending. 1 for architecture, wanted to cheer, loved NC State. The 3 women took the road trip. Graduated NC State w/accounting degree. Then to Grad school. Became CPA - after 4 tests, passed all 4 first try. Studious person. Started @ Deloitte & Touche (sp) accounting firm in downtown Raleigh. Briefly worked @ the college. Then on to PE until her death.

Thanks for doing this! It is great to have to read back when I can't listen when my boss expects me to WORK! Mute button is getting a workout! Grrr!

IMO,
Lilismom

NCMom
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I can hear her breathing so loudly, it's easy to tell which questions make her emotional. I think she's going to have a hard time staying composed- she seems pretty raw- especially since this case has just gone on forever.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Scarey, yesterday it was the seats are hard, but to just walk out! They are inconvenienced, will want cake next.

I worry about that I do....first drinking their way out of duty, then saying online they are the worst jurors ever or would be....then the chairs are too hard, he sat in them that is how we started yesterday now we hear this.

Sheesh all....I'm telling you I worry about the Jury. I'd like to hear more about them, we need a small write up for each Juror. Does anyone have that yet?

*IF you are in the court room; pls give us a blow by blow paragraph of each juror if you can* IE

for Example Juror No 1 is a _________ has so many children, works for so and so; is ______yrs old, and something they answered in their questionnaire during Voir Dire. As you can see Im spoiled. hehe

Sun.
02-10-2012, 09:50 AM
I suggest everytime the defense asks a question of a witness & they don't recall/answer is no- then don't back it up with look a police report or previous testimony, they are fishing. More than likely something JY or his family dreamed up.

They've done this quite often on cross, enough that I've noticed. It doesn't leave me with a good impression of the defense at this time.

Lilismom
I can hear her breathing so loudly, it's easy to tell which questions make her emotional. I think she's going to have a hard time staying composed- she seems pretty raw- especially since this case has just gone on forever.

***Passing the tissue box around***

You'll need them. :(

Lady bug necklace....ugh. :(

IMO,
Lilismom

CatToy
I wonder why he didn't like Ms Fisher? I mean really; she was a threat to him for some reason.

She has his number for sure. She had it then as she does now.

NCMom
02-10-2012, 09:51 AM
That is so weird isn't it? I have on super speakers lol and they are right in my left ear. hehe:wub:

I heard him say yesterday this happened and he needed to address it.

When someone has a chance to relisten to the judges comments, please update- it's pretty bad if it's a current juror! Thanks!! :wub:

enigma™
02-10-2012, 09:52 AM
@ Meredith's graduation from college, Michelle & slayer attended. When she first met him, nothing stood out. Knew they were dating. First met his family @ a tailgate. Mid-summer 2003 found out Michelle was pregnant. Met his family before this. After finding out she was pregnant, there was discussion of marriage. Discussed w/Michelle. Michelle always wanted to be married w/family. Do it the right way, didn't want to be the person pregnant before marriage, but that's the way it happened.

By this time, had met slayer several times. Knew of his personality through Michelle. Talked to slayer about marriage (in NY), knew they were going to marry, said to slayer she knew how hard it was to be in a good marriage. Told him, if you don't love her, don't marry her, she'll survive. He had no response. He was very immature.

When talking to him about marriage, observations? For me, focus was on Michelle & helping her get through it. She was very nervous. Didn't really have a lot of communication w/slayer -- all went through Michelle.

3 important things for wedding - not marry on NC State game day, Not north of Mason Dixon line (all slayer) ideas, and invite all his friends with a LOT of beer. he was not part of any of this.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:53 AM
They've done this quite often on cross, enough that I've noticed. It doesn't leave me with a good impression of the defense at this time.

Sun I've noticed this as well; Defense team seems extremely disheartening to me.

Will not get married north of the mason dixon line? Three criteria for them to marry lots of beer...what a drip he is!

I think he is gay and hasn't come to terms with his sexuality myself.....and he did have look ups online for Gay Bars in NY....Actually I hope that comes in during testimony.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:54 AM
When someone has a chance to relisten to the judges comments, please update- it's pretty bad if it's a current juror! Thanks!! :wub:

I know; I cannot rewind but I will try to and make sure. Maybe i misheard but I was under the impression this happened yesterday. I listen closely. But I'm on my first cup of java too...so.:doh:

NCMom
02-10-2012, 09:54 AM
I wonder why he didn't like Ms Fisher? I mean really; she was a threat to him for some reason.

They've said that she's "strong willed" and "speaks her mind". There's still this expectation of the polite southern wife among Linda's age group- less so in Michelle's but certainly after 50. I think Jason doesn't care for ANY woman that speaks her mind.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Ordered online? Their wedding ring ordered online? ON a CC; you have to go in ffs! He is a drip

enigma™
02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
10/10/2003 - wedding @ Longview center, 2 doors down was the reception (museum) in the lobby section.

@ time of wedding plans - any discussion of rings? YES - got engaged after wedding plans were made. First wedding was in August - used rubber band for ring. Ring ordered online. Payment for ring? Put on credit card, $$$ gift given when Italians get married. Received $$ for wedding to put toward ring, so they wouldn't collect interest payments on CC bill.

Who from NY came to wedding? Everyone she invited. Cassidy born 3/29/2004, what do you recall about delivery? Was teaching when she went into hospital. Dr. was going to try to turn baby, was in breach. Unable to turn Cassidy - were going to send her home. Michelle said NO - they did C-section. Linda left work & drove down to NC.

Prior to the birth - discussion of plans for her care? ack! froze...

CatToy
02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
FYI: I did rewind on demand TTV; and the judge clearly said yesterday and then he also said this to the juror who walked out yesterday. Then he went on to admonish about someone who complained to others they could not hear...instead of coming to the court or the judge. That is what happened. FYI.

Kat

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
They've said that she's "strong willed" and "speaks her mind". There's still this expectation of the polite southern wife among Linda's age group- less so in Michelle's but certainly after 50. I think Jason doesn't care for ANY woman that speaks her mind.

Unless they are related to him.

IMO,
Lilismom

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Christie Paul needs to go she doesn't even know who Michelle Fisher is. She claimed she was "some kind of relative to the victim and had the same last name."

I cannot stand her she is so wrong for this job. If she feels she can barely say that JP hacked his kids to death with a hatchet they have clearly failed in giving her this position.

Totally: CP is a FAIL in this position; too meek to mild. Can't even handle discussing CRIME or MURDER!! FFS!

Ok rant over.

NCMom
02-10-2012, 10:01 AM
FYI: I did rewind on demand TTV; and the judge clearly said yesterday and then he also said this to the juror who walked out yesterday. Then he went on to admonish about someone who complained to others they could not hear...instead of coming to the court or the judge. That is what happened. FYI.

Kat

Thank you! I almost wish I didn't know that now...doesn't speak well for this jury, seems like they might not be taking this as seriously as they should. :(

CatToy
Unless they are related to him.

IMO,
Lilismom

And we all know what I say to THAT!! Tough shit; give me a chair a room and a Gun; and twenty minutes and I'll show him all he ever needs to know in life...

:dance:

R P D
Am here.....non of the male jurors look to be immature jerks like Jay, LOL

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Thank you! I almost wish I didn't know that now...doesn't speak well for this jury, seems like they might not be taking this as seriously as they should. :(

NC and you guys; This is exactly the impression I've been getting.

I'm worried about this jury.:doh:

Palomine
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM

Controllers don't like the people they are controlling to have close personal relationships with their Family and Friends...especially their Family

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Good Deal; can you give us a blow by blow of each juror maybe by tomorrow. IOW List each one; who they are a tad of what they look like and what they did for a living or do for a living how many children divorced married, and something from Voir Dire, I would so appreciate this! If you don't want to tackle it please ask if anyone does...usually we get a blow by blow of each juror, in a respectful way. Carefully.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Woo Hoo! Think they are setting up the day for Mizz Money?

IMO,
Lilismom

Simba
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Was wondering why my page number wasn't changing, over yonder talking to myself :doh:

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Controllers don't like the people they are controlling to have close personal relationships with their Family and Friends...especially their Family

Yes that's true Pal, it's so true. So sad! Michelle, to me was the epitome of an American Girl. I can't get over that picture of her I have in my head.

I could care less if she was "outspoken, southern or otherwise" that is just bizarre to me....but then again I'm beyond outspoken hehe

:) I have room for JY on my clothesline next to DP; hung up and strung up by their balls....

enigma™
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Caught that Meredith was going to stay on and tend to Cassidy at the town home on Arrete Way. Linda visited, was off the whole summer, wanted to help Michelle. Stayed for about a month, not positive. While there, loved granddaughter, helped Michelle, cooking, grocery shopping cleaning & laundry. Gave Michelle down time - was already back @ work. Meredith had been helping, that gave her a break, as well.

Backing up - were you aware after they began dating, she had moved into the condo? YES. Ever visit that place? YES - didn't stay there, but had been there.
The quick marriage - why? For insurance purposes. Michelle was going to under slayers insurance as hers wasn't as good.

Who present when they married in August? Linda - only person they knew - needed 2 witnesses, Linda & a stranger!

Visit them from '04 - '05 school year? Yes, came down christmas time, remembers taking pictures & making ornaments w/Cassidy - stayed whatever school vacation time was.

Spring, found out they purchased a home? YES. Home was on Birchleaf. Came in summer '05 - stayed about a month. In the house - describe. We all have ideals, so it was not ideal. 1 thing happening, slayer on basketball & softball league. Michelle wanted him to cut back to 1. Michelle was working and tending to Cassidy. You went back & finished out 05/06 school year & then retired? YES.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Was wondering why my page number wasn't changing, over yonder talking to myself :doh:

Breech runs in my family: I was born this way; my mother was, as well as my daughter and then her son. None of us turned. lol. No one Turned lol!

:dnaughty:

R P D
Linda is much earlier vs first trial. I would guess LE will follow.

Kindee

me three or four or five. I'm worried about all juries now but this one seems to be following the Casey Anthony Jury agenda---I hope it's not a trend but I fear it is. *sigh*

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Kindee I do as well.....CE cases are the best cases and it takes great minds to put that mountain of evidence together. If they are not willing to do this; they will acquit.

:heart:

NCMom
02-10-2012, 10:10 AM

I've done that...only need to worry when you start answering yourself, too. :D

jilly
02-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Judge should ask them if there's anyone there that doesn't want to be there.
I'm worried too.

Shotzie
02-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Good Morning All..it's early in CALI..trying to catch up, got my coffee an am ready for this trial.:dance:

Swabby
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Christie Paul needs to go she doesn't even know who Michelle Fisher is. She claimed she was "some kind of relative to the victim and had the same last name."

I cannot stand her she is so wrong for this job. If she feels she can barely say that JP hacked his kids to death with a hatchet they have clearly failed in giving her this position.

Totally: CP is a FAIL in this position; too meek to mild. Can't even handle discussing CRIME or MURDER!! FFS!

Ok rant over.

I totally agree!

I thought Star Jones "I am a lawyer" was the pits...we complained and got that "I am not a lawyer" Ashleigh Banfield. We complained.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, we get the moron.. "I know NOTHING" Christie Paul.

TruTV desperately needs to be taken over by someoneanyone that knows their ass from their elbow.

Bex
I don't think I can stomach another CA/OJ Jury.. I hope they're attentive and we're just over-analyzing.. but who knows? With the posts on WRAL.. you just never know. :dunno:

enigma™
Didn't find out Michelle was pregnant until after she lost the baby - she wanted to surprise Linda. After retirement - making plans? YES - had retirement party in NY - school threw one, then Michelle & Meredith planned a surprise one for her. Cassidy & slayer attended. None of his family came. She invited them to visit for holidays & they never did - Heather did 1 time. Gary, his other sis's hubs, family there from Australia, they visited. Wanted both sides to be together, as did Michelle.

Post retirement - what plans now that both daughters are in NC? Bought house in Fuquay, but wanted to be on beach. She & Michelle looked for a place on the beach. Her house in NY was on the market. HAd a potential buyer for her house, but it fell through. Plans Michelle had for her career & future that went w/your plans? Was supposed to nanny for grandson - due around Cass's b/day. Michelle was going to go part time, Tues-Thu - so 4 day weekend - could either go to beach w/the kids & Michelle, or whatever. All very flexible. Linda offered to invest putting a bathroom in the 3rd floor on the Birchleaf home, make a 5th bedroom.

Kindee
Kindee I do as well.....CE cases are the best cases and it takes great minds to put that mountain of evidence together. If they are not willing to do this; they will acquit.

yeppers C.T. The jury will have to do a lot of dot-connecting for this one and so far...they just don't seem the type.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm still trying to decide it I even like the order of the witnessees so far. I have issues with the prosecutors voice, it may work for him at times but in this case I need more passion, I need someone to light a fire under his ass. But then again this is NC that is not going to happen. Its like KY. They move like snails there. :) I mean this in the nicest way...hehe

Kindee
Good Morning All..it's early in CALI..trying to catch up, got my coffee an am ready for this trial.:dance:

NCMom
Reminds me of jury duty I had once, when a guy showed up wearing a t-shirt with a photo of the electric chair with "Original or Extra Crispy" under it. He got picked.

Bex
02-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Probably.. Motherly instincts... and he knew she was right about him...:scared:

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Judge should ask them if there's anyone there that doesn't want to be there.
I'm worried too.

Yes and that admonishment this morning was truly upsetting to me; so much so that I DID rewind tape to the beg of IS; CP was talking over the judge but when they cut in full on; yes he was talking to the juror who walked out yesterday of the room; said out loud: I NEED A BREAK and she LEFT the courtroom; he said dont do that; next time let us know....IOW this jury has done several things now; like being unable to hear yesterday all day and instead of saying something to the court they spoke amongst themselves. That was clear to me and that is a problem.

period.

Off to finish sock now whilst I listen more....I am worried about this jury and I feel the prosecution needs to bring Michelle Alive in that Court room as well as her baby.

Simba
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM

I haven't been thinking it as fishing but I have been thinking that they are trying to attack their credibility. Every time they have done that I say to myself why don't they say, I don't recall, do you have something that says I said that so I could refresh my recollection. I would be very cognizant about the defense trying to either trip me up or make me sound like a liar or stupid. But that's just me :)

NCMom
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm still trying to decide it I even like the order of the witnessees so far. I have issues with the prosecutors voice, it may work for him at times but in this case I need more passion, I need someone to light a fire under his ass. But then again this is NC that is not going to happen. Its like KY. They move like snails there. :) I mean this in the nicest way...hehe

I TOTALLY agree!! He sounds too much like the defense, sort of sleepy, hard to hear, like this isn't a big deal. Someone stick a Red Bull up his ass, please...Michelle deserves a little more passion than this!

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Probably.. Motherly instincts... and he knew she was right about him...:scared:

Hugs Bex, she was dead on correct about him. So scary when your child, goes with a man and you knw in your heart, it will never work and that they are unhappy and struggling. I've been there and it's truly awful. You try hard to accept the person; in every way but cannot get over your gut instincts which are usually correct......

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Reminds me of jury duty I had once, when a guy showed up wearing a t-shirt with a photo of the electric chair with "Original or Extra Crispy" under it. He got picked.

:jawdrop:

IMO,
Lilismom

enigma™
02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Wish the judge could see *I* need a stretch break! :funslap:

In June, retirement party and end of year party. Saw her kids then, so could survive not seeing them in July/Aug. Booked a trip to Disney for everyone. 11/5 was supposed to go on mission trip to New Orleans. Asked Pat if she wanted to join the Disney trip. At the end of the trip, Michelle was to hook up w/some of her friends, since they all turned 30 that year. One of her friends dads arranged a spa weekend for all of them.

Stayed @ Birchleaf in 10/2006 w/her mother. They stayed there until time - Michelle went back to NY for a long weekend? Linda arrived on Michelle's 3rd anniversary? cuz her HUSBAND wasn't going to be there. (not following all this real well - apologies)

Arrived on 3rd anniversary. (Bringing in 1st trial testimony, that the slayer was in Orlando having an affair on his anniversary) - wow! This is rich.

NCMom
Bringing in testimony of the affair- I think we're setting up for MM or camper slut!!

gorealtors
Let's remember that HC and his team were successful in getting a murder 1 conviction in the Nancy Cooper case.

Simba

WHAT! When did this happen, this morning? The testimony just started how could they need a break. (I'll read further maybe I'll get a more explanation of what happened)

Scampi

Inappropriate behavior for sure Cat, the prosecutor's better keep an eye on her.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I TOTALLY agree!! He sounds too much like the defense, sort of sleepy, hard to hear, like this isn't a big deal. Someone stick a Red Bull up his ass, please...Michelle deserves a little more passion than this!
I agree fully; it's bothering me. I need to hear more passion. I need to hear a different person actually they should turn over the ? to someone else.

His personality doesn't match full on; play full on or don't play at all. JY is playing full on. He makes me so sick...I have to add that before I go. He is gay, I'm 100% sure of this; and his searches online for Gay Bars NY confirmed it for me...he is either Bi or hasn't yet come to terms with his sexuality and with his immaturity this is an issue. He hates woman as well; his behavior showed this to me. What he did to his daughter, was incomprehensible to me.

His flat affect shows me all I need to know.

Scampi
02-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Wish the judge could see *I* need a stretch break! :funslap:
In June, retirement party and end of year party. Saw her kids then, so could survive not seeing them in July/Aug. Booked a trip to Disney for everyone. 11/5 was supposed to go on mission trip to New Orleans. Asked Pat if she wanted to join the Disney trip. At the end of the trip, Michelle was to hook up w/some of her friends, since they all turned 30 that year. One of her friends dads arranged a spa weekend for all of them.

Stayed @ Birchleaf in 10/2006 w/her mother. They stayed there until time - Michelle went back to NY for a long weekend? Linda arrived on Michelle's 3rd anniversary? cuz her HUSBAND wasn't going to be there. (not following all this real well - apologies)

Arrived on 3rd anniversary. (Bringing in 1st trial testimony, that the slayer was in Orlando having an affair on his anniversary) - wow! This is rich.

Heck Eni, you don't even get up and just leave and you're on a message board. :funslap:

Simba
02-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Well during the courts first break as the prosecutor I would be speaking to the judge and asking for this juror to be excused, if they can do that. Then they can have a nice long break!

enigma™
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
After a night out, Michelle came in crying, slayer took off by himself, she decided to go try to find him. Later found out, the weekend they were to go to Ryan & Shelly's wedding, expected to drive w/her husband, but he had other plans & Told Michelle to find her own ride. Linda & her mom came down so they could have a weekend alone @ this wedding.

You're all on your own for awhile. slayer is nothing but a jerk & I need a break. I HATE HIM!

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Inappropriate behavior for sure Cat, the prosecutor's better keep an eye on her.

I really hope they do; because what it showed to me as well; was that she doesn't have a sense of who is in charge and that was what the judge admonished about: He sets the rules, I believe he said......no juror is to just get up and announce out loud (which he went over, like he couldn't believe she did this but she did...it was a female juror; this juror not a previous case or something no way)

That and being unable to hear, it's like they said OH WELL we can't hear anyways....and didn't bring it to the courts attention; instead talked out loud amongst themselves. This is exactly what you don't want a JURY TO DO!

:rant rave over Sorry off to knit out my frustrations:

:doh:

Scampi
02-10-2012, 10:22 AM
The Prosecutor's calm demeanor may be intentional, in order to keep the emotional witnesses calm.

Shotzie
02-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I am surprised she is telling stories that are hear say..Thought that wasn't allowed..???? This trial seems to allow lot more than most..Hope it helps.

Simba
02-10-2012, 10:23 AM
It's hard to imagine that anyone on the jury might know fewer details than I do, about this case. The issue of the color of her top/jacket isn't a detail that I put much weight on at all. But as the trial goes on, if I notice that more and more details provided by that witness aren't correct, then I would start to wonder why. Yes, years can fade a person's memory....and that is why isn't a disadvantage to the prosecution that trials are held after so much time has passed.

The color of the jacket wouldn't have any weight on me either.

Scampi
02-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I really hope they do; because what it showed to me as well; was that she doesn't have a sense of who is in charge and that was what the judge admonished about: He sets the rules, I believe he said......no juror is to just get up and announce out loud (which he went over, like he couldn't believe she did this but she did...it was a female juror; this juror not a previous case or something no way)

That and being unable to hear, it's like they said OH WELL we can't hear anyways....and didn't bring it to the courts attention; instead talked out loud amongst themselves. This is exactly what you don't want a JURY TO DO!

:rant rave over Sorry off to knit out my frustrations:

Release that anger Cat, that's what we're all here for to listen. ITA with you. I don't want any juror to muck this up.

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Oh that's right I remember now yesterday; that last break the Judge did say I guess we are taking a break now. I just remembered that...I was distracted but I do remember; it was the late afternoon break I believe.

Kat

Off now; Enigma has it down and is giving a great blow by blow and huge hugs and thanks~! aS ALWAYS!

Talina
02-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Yes and that admonishment this morning was truly upsetting to me; so much so that I DID rewind tape to the beg of IS; CP was talking over the judge but when they cut in full on; yes he was talking to the juror who walked out yesterday of the room; said out loud: I NEED A BREAK and she LEFT the courtroom; he said dont do that; next time let us know....IOW this jury has done several things now; like being unable to hear yesterday all day and instead of saying something to the court they spoke amongst themselves. That was clear to me and that is a problem.

period.

Off to finish sock now whilst I listen more....I am worried about this jury and I feel the prosecution needs to bring Michelle Alive in that Court room as well as her baby.

CAT you say you rewound IS but that there was talking over the judge and then it went to what you heard the judge saying. Were you able to hear the very beginning when the judge mentions a trial from 5 or 6 yrs ago? That is how he started out talking about the juror that stood up and announced they needed a break.

R P D
02-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Several jurors look bored. Holt should be doing this.

NCMom
Gawd...your mom and MIL talking about how often you're getting laid...talk about crossing some boundaries.

Scampi
I am surprised she is telling stories that are hear say..Thought that wasn't allowed..???? This trial seems to allow lot more than most..Hope it helps.

Hey Doll!!! :wave:

I think it's intentional on the defense's part, cuz they will slap a bunch of hearsay up there about what a wonderful son and father jason is....<gag>

Simba
Gawd! I hate it when men try to use the "I'm not getting enough sex" to excuse away their behavior!

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM

good ear, yesterday there were several hear say issues and the judge didn't say a WORD. Just like this; stories, and things others had said to them or things they talked about....so.....this judge is so lackadaisical it hurts. (sorry but I don't like this judge I know some say he is very fair, but I don't like his manner)

What happened yesterday proved to me he was just as shocked she announced and those were the judges words, the juror announced and stood up and said I need a break and walked out; actually walked out during testimony.

Hence the admonishment.

they should relieve this juror by lunchtime.

How many alts do we have three?

protectkidz

speaking of JERKS, I can not believe the lack of boundaries that Jay and his MOMMY have regarding sex!!

Sun.
I've watched lots of witnesses on the stand, and none have sat so close to the microphone as this witness. She sounds so loud, and the prosecutor so quiet, and this is making it seem like she is quite overbearing.

Talina
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Gawd...your mom and MIL talking about how often you're getting laid...talk about crossing some boundaries.

:doh: i just can't imagine (just heard Linda say she was shocked - so am I Linda)

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Actually this time around I have an issue with the MIL's call to pick up the Ebay papers from the printer...I wondered right away (like Mels Mom in NJ) if she was helping her son's alibi out. IOW he went to his mother and told her I killed her you've got to help me.

I now need to know the MIL's (jY mother) alibi for that evening and day.

I need to know this. She was adamant on that message she knew. That's what I fear. Have any of you thought of this? I didn't last trial this time, I did. I do. I think she knew.

Viennagirl
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
The Prosecutor's calm demeanor may be intentional, in order to keep the emotional witnesses calm.

As previously said, Brad Cooper was convicted and this guy was right there. He is slow and low but let's pray this jury is as smart as Cooper's was because that was a pretty high tech case. This is pretty simple CE cut and dry. :scared:

CatToy
I've watched lots of witnesses on the stand, and none have sat so close to the microphone as this witness. She sounds so loud, and the prosecutor so quiet, and this is making it seem like she is quite overbearing.

Oh no we had the heavy breather the other day; the guy from the hotel; with the shoulder length hair? I thought he was going to stroke out. LOL! But no he was just a heavy breather.:D

Simba
Yeah, who the hell talks to their mother and says I'm not getting enough sex. I'm very close to my son and let me tell you if he said that to me I would be like TMI. And if my husband ever said that to his mother, forget about too little sex he would be CUT OFF! Oh, and my husband WAS very close to his mother, may she RIP and I know for a fact he never talked about such things with her.

StickyBeak
Maybe JY was hoping his Mommy could fix it, like set him up with some on the side chickies or get rid of Michelle. Gawd sickening

CatToy
02-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm going to transcribe that call when I have a chance but right now I have to finish this sock. And I keep posting lmao.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
After a night out, Michelle came in crying, slayer took off by himself, she decided to go try to find him. Later found out, the weekend they were to go to Ryan & Shelly's wedding, expected to drive w/her husband, but he had other plans & Told Michelle to find her own ride. Linda & her mom came down so they could have a weekend alone @ this wedding.

You're all on your own for awhile. slayer is nothing but a jerk & I need a break. I HATE HIM!

thanks, enigma! you have helped me a lot this morning (as always) since my comp was giving me issues :(

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:34 AM
WHOA!!!!

you go, Linda!!!

Talina
02-10-2012, 10:34 AM
OH my...Linda on the stand "he just wants to "f" her" ( dear lord for a mother to say this memory about her daughter's husband)

NCMom
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Oh lordymercy....... I'm not sure what the make-up of the jury is, but around these parts, going into this much detail about your marital bed with your parents would be considered very odd. Having your mom talk to your husband about your sex life is very odd. I wish the prosecutor would reign her in a bit, the sex testimony could have been brought out by Meredith, or maybe another good friend. It's all sorts of creepy coming from mom.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM

sounds like the microphone is turned up higher, which is probably by judge's orders per his instructions to the jury this morning...

Bex
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Oh dear.. I am starting to tear up now.. This is so tough.. That poor woman! Jason is a selfish pig!

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
OH my...Linda on the stand "he just wants to "f" her" dear lord for a mother to say this about her daughter's husband

she said that Michelle told her this, that Jay wanted to just F her - not make love.

Simba
02-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Sun I've noticed this as well; Defense team seems extremely disheartening to me.

Will not get married north of the mason dixon line? Three criteria for them to marry lots of beer...what a drip he is!

I think he is gay and hasn't come to terms with his sexuality myself.....and he did have look ups online for Gay Bars in NY....Actually I hope that comes in during testimony.

That thought crossed my mind too when it was said in here that he was looking up Gay Bars. He may be bi, definitely sounds like a sex addict.

Oh my Michelle had her head in her lap and she was stroking her hair passing the tissues :kleenex:

This bastard took the life out of her even before he "literally" took it out of her.

Talina
02-10-2012, 10:37 AM
she said that Michelle told her this, that Jay wanted to just F her - not make love.

Yes and that's just awful memory for a mother to have and to then sit across the room from this POS.

IMO

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
As previously said, Brad Cooper was convicted and this guy was right there. He is slow and low but let's pray this jury is as smart as Cooper's was because that was a pretty high tech case. This is pretty simple CE cut and dry. :scared:

I followed Cooper too and to tell you the truth, I was surprised they convicted him. I mean, I believe he did it, but I was surprised.

IMO,
Lilismom

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes and that's just awful memory for a mother to have and to then sit across the room from this POS.

IMO

I'm glad she said it.

the jury needs to know what Michelle was thinking about her marriage.

God, I wished she would've just left the bastard...

Scampi
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
OH my...Linda on the stand "he just wants to "f" her" dear lord for a mother to say this about her daughter's husband

Is this going to turn into the battle of the mothers??? Will they now slap Pat on the stand so we hear her say awful things about Michelle that her darling little boy told her?

I do not like where this type of testimony is going, I believe Linda but it sets up the defense to get in all sorts of lies, spouted by the slayer's mother. imo.

Talina
02-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh, nice. He was going to defraud the insurance company by getting insurance then claiming the heat pump that was already broken at the time the policy was obtained.

(wonder if they don't do inspection prior to policy being in place - i've had one of those before and an inspection was done ahead of time just for this very reason)

Shotzie

I think it's intentional on the defense's part, cuz they will slap a bunch of hearsay up there about what a wonderful son and father jason is....<gag>

Hi Scampi:wave:

good to see you..I kinda hear Linda an she seems like a MIL that cud stick her nose into the marriage..Talking to Jason about Sex..Wow..that probably pisses him off..can't wait to hear his Mother..???

Kindee
ITA Scamp ^^ unfortunately

NCMom
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
The heat pump/insurance thing doesn't need to be hounded on- both Jason and Michelle were privy to the TOS for those sorts of insurance plans so it's hard to cast him in a bad light because of it without doing the same to her. The fact that he allowed his wife and child to sit in a cold house while he was off banging michelle money- that's bad.

Scampi
I'm glad she said it.

the jury needs to know what Michelle was thinking about her marriage.

God, I wished she would've just left the bastard...

Hiya Kidzie. I bet Linda and Meredith often think about that, if only she had left that selfish bastard. :mad:

Simba
Oh, that's not good, purchase an insurance policy on something that was already broken :eek:

Was this insurance policy every checked into to see if he really bought it, if he didn't that again to me would say no reason to get it because it really wouldn't be needed.

Sorry but the heat pump is something that I would be putting on a credit card not a wedding ring!

Crim

If the DT does not object and say "hearsay" the judge has no reason to say anything. I do not believe it is something that can be appealed upon because it is the DT job to object.:wub:

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Is this going to turn into the battle of the mothers??? Will they now slap Pat on the stand so we hear her say awful things about Michelle that her darling little boy told her?

I do not like where this type of testimony is going, I believe Linda but it sets up the defense to get in all sorts of lies, spouted by the slayer's mother. imo.

scamp, there is no doubt in my mind that Pat will be the same on stand as before - totally doting on her slayer-son and blaming Michelle for everything.

I think the differences in these 2 mothers is very apparent - Pat didn't give a crap about Michelle ever, imo.

Talina
Hi Scampi:wave:

good to see you..I kinda hear Linda an she seems like a MIL that cud stick her nose into the marriage..Talking to Jason about Sex..Wow..that probably pisses him off..can't wait to hear his Mother..???

I think both mothers were involved in the sex talks or lack thereof in this marriage. They even had talks amongst themselves (the two mothers) from the sounds of it.

Very odd IMO. That would never happen in my family, not at all.

Cory
Hi all,I agree with all of you.I am old but gracious TMI is right.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Hiya Kidzie. I bet Linda and Meredith often think about that, if only she had left that selfish bastard. :mad:

I bet you're right. Sharon Rocha's words always come to my mind with this case...:(

Scampi
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
If the DT does not object and say "hearsay" the judge has no reason to say anything. I do not believe it is something that can be appealed upon because it is the DT job to object.:wub:

An excellent point, Crim. Do you anticipate the prosecutor's objecting to any hearsay spouted by defense witnesses?

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 10:46 AM
JY supposedly called a bud about purchasing a home warranty late on the evening of 11-2-06. The fact the he even was entertaining the idea of buying a policy and then basically committing fraud in order that the heat pump would be covered, is a huge reflection on his character. Glad HC brought this up.

StickyBeak
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM

I know Scamp, I don't like this at all.

Talina
What does Linda mean when she says JY looked like a 5 yr old boy when she first saw him walk into Meredith's house? I'd like her to explain that comment and she doesn't.

I have no idea what she means by that at all. That is so subjective to just leave that comment hanging out there.

Scampi
scamp, there is no doubt in my mind that Pat will be the same on stand as before - totally doting on her slayer-son and blaming Michelle for everything.

I think the differences in these 2 mothers is very apparent - Pat didn't give a crap about Michelle ever, imo.

Oh boy, a real treat for us. I missed the first trial, cuz I was in court with Jeff and Linda on the Caylee Anthony trial.

NCMom
02-10-2012, 10:48 AM
"I'm gonna take a hit on the house"....JY

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 10:49 AM
JY supposedly called a bud about purchasing a home warranty late on the evening of 11-2-06. The fact the he even was entertaining the idea of buying a policy and then basically committing fraud in order that the heat pump would be covered, is a huge reflection on his character. Glad HC brought this up.

and to establish phone pings of his whereabouts. iirc, his phone was OFF during the night. not just no use, OFF.

IMO,
Lilismom

enigma™
02-10-2012, 10:50 AM
11-3-06 - call from MEredith. She got v-mail from slayer to pick up printout. She didn't go right away, was going to mow lawn. Second call, Meredith said "she is D E A D " didn't want to say DEAD w/Cassidy. Linda couldn't understand. Was in a car driving, in denial - wasn't crying, just couldn't grasp the fact that Michelle was dead. When she got home, called to get flight to go to Raleigh.

Called other people to make arrangements to cover herself. Falcuty came to her house to discuss & Grasp & no one could believe it. She called slayer twice & left v-mail to have him call her back. He never did - PIG!

Got flight, arrived Raleigh around 7:30. Went to Meredith's house, stopped @ store to get a "night night" for Cassidy. Upon arrival, M & C were there, Colleen was there & a few others. No husband - he arrived after 9 w/his entourage.

When first saw slayer - observations? He looked like a 5 y/old boy - strange to see. Was - the whole house felt cold - a distance, everyone separating. Not like you'd expect - anyone else arriving, people hugged & cried, but not like that w/him & his family. Different strokes.

slayer - only thing I can remember him saying, sitting in living room - he said 2 things. Atty said I can't talk to anyone, not even you - I was what ? you got a lawyer? Other statement - gonna take a hit on house. Another WHAT? Michelle's dead, what's w/the hit on the house?

@ that time Meredith & Pat, sister Heather & Joe - all @ Sheriff's dept. to help w/investigation to find out what happened!? They weren't under arrest, just requested they come downtown. She had discussions w/LE. Linda & Meredith kept going to slayer come talk to them, they just want to talk - don't even have to go outside. He refused. Not gonna go until he had lawyer. Linda knew he had that right, but you should go. Had a lawyer -you said he said not to talk, so GO!

Roux
I bet you're right. Sharon Rocha's words always come to my mind with this case...:(

I didn't watch Mrs. Rocha but this AM Linda has been reminding me of Charla Mack's mother. All three appear to be strong mothers standing up for their daughters. God bless 'em.

protectkidz
Oh boy, a real treat for us. I missed the first trial, cuz I was in court with Jeff and Linda on the Caylee Anthony trial.

oh yeah, she's a real winner.

I'm still seriously disgusted by her and last watched her testimony months ago.

I think there is something very unnatural between her and Jay.

Scampi
I bet ole Pat is steaming sitting in that courtroom hearing Linda talk about her little boy.

Linda is great in expessing her complete disbelief on his complete lack of cooperation with LE and getting an attorney.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I didn't watch Mrs. Rocha but this AM Linda has been reminding me of Charla Mack's mother. All three appear to be strong mothers standing up for their daughters. God bless 'em.

I agree.

Sharon Rocha's words:

"There is always divorce!"

Simba
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm glad she said that about him having a lawyer. I was thinking the same thing, he kept saying he wouldn't speak to LE without a lawyer, according to him he had one, I was saying the same thing to myself, you have the lawyer go done with him and get interviewed!

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 10:52 AM
What does Linda mean when she says JY looked like a 5 yr old boy when she first saw him walk into Meredith's house? I'd like her to explain that comment and she doesn't.

I have no idea what she means by that at all. That is so subjective to just leave that comment hanging out there.

Probaby like picture 21 here...

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/5743614/

Boo hoo. FAKER.

IMO,
Lilismom

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 10:52 AM
I bet ole Pat is steaming sitting in that courtroom hearing Linda talk about her little boy.

Linda is great in expessing her complete disbelief on his complete lack of cooperation with LE and getting an attorney.

the truth is the truth, and actions speak louder than words.

Jay behaved like a guilty 5 year old, and NEVER helped LE with his wife's investigation.

didn't even bother to return his wife's mother's call to him the day her body was found.

Scampi
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM

Sharon Rocha was the MOTHER of all Mothers. The day she and her posse rolled over to Laci's house to retrieve her personal belongings, against the peterson's wishes, I actually stood up in my living room and cheered.

Talina
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Linda made a very good point.

JY saying his lawyer said he couldn't talk to LE until he had a lawyer. She said "wait.you have a lawyer already if that is what he told you so go talk". Guess he didn't realize how circular that sounded - lawyer says don't talk until you have a lawyer. Well, if you don't yet have a lawyer, how did your lawyer tell you that.

I suppose he could have talked to a lawyer for advice, got this advice, but that particular lawyer is not who he intended to hire? I dunno. Just very strange to be sure.

IMO

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Sharon Rocha was the MOTHER of all Mothers. The day she and her posse rolled over to Laci's house to retrieve her personal belongings, against the peterson's wishes, I actually stood up in my living room and cheered.

AMEN! :dance:

I watched so much of that trial that my daughter thought Ron Grantski was my dad. She saw him on TV and said "pop pop". Obsessed much?

IMO,
Lilismom

Crim
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
An excellent point, Crim. Do you anticipate the prosecutor's objecting to any hearsay spouted by defense witnesses?

Can't say as I didn't watch first trial but the state can rarely appeal (if found ng no way to appeal) but yes, if it is truly hearsay and they believe it would effect the ruling on the jury, yes, they would object. JMO

Scampi
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
AMEN! :dance:

I watched so much of that trial that my daughter thought Ron Grantski was my dad. She saw him on TV and said "pop pop". Obsessed much?

IMO,
Lilismom

That was THE trial that cemented so many friendships, a badge of honor to follow that one with posters.

:wave:

Debb
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM

I was wondering about that. So much came in from the state that was objectional and probably would have not been allowed as either hearsay or irrelevant, but the defense did not object. There must be some strategy behind it. I don't believe that the defense will have an easier time getting things in, just because they didn't object to the state though. Odd.

Shotzie
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM

Oh Scampi, Thanks for bringing that Memory Up.. Yes Sharon is one Hella of a Lady.. Total Class, an didn't take any crap..

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
That was THE trial that cemented so many friendships, a badge of honor to follow that one with posters.

Yep. That is the trial that brought me to the boards.

RIP Brown Eyed Girl and baby boy.

IMO,
Lilismom

enigma™
02-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Linda questioned about finances, relationship & Linda had her own questions- who did this? She spent a lot of time - a LOT!

When w/LE never saw the defendant having contact w/them. Only for the NTO, she didn't see it, just knew he did it.

Plans for the funeral - in Raleigh. She majorly participated w/her sister, cousin, mary-lou, went to find place for wake, casket, etc. Had no idea where anything was located - had to drive around. slayer - ask HIM where he was. He knew the area, didn't assist.

Before funeral, Cassidy was taken back to Brevard by one of the sisters. Lots going on w/the press, etc? Hard for Cass to understand everything. Did you see her after that? NO - tried, but no contact @ T-giving or Christmas. Sent cards & gifts.

After the holidays, become aware there was communication for visitation? Meredith called her when to tell her slayer was going to Charlotte & she could see Cassidy. Linda tried to get there, but chouldn't make the connections. She & Meredith were invited to a b/day party - they wanted to have a Fisher party, but that was not accepted. They drove to Brevard for 3rd b/day.

Between 3rd b/day & 4th - how often yo usee her? Did not see her - wouldn't accept phone calls, gifts, ANYthing. They = get permission from PAt = never happened, they wouldn't allow it. She would ask pat, who said she'd have to ask slayer and it just never happened.

Prior to the death - ever been a time you were refused to see her? NO, she lived w/Michelle, could see her whenever I wanted. That was the reason to go to NC. Saw her as much as she could. Now 1 whole year w/out seeing her, cards & gifts returned unopened.

On 4th b/day Meredith & Linda drove to Brevard - arrived late @ night - made cupcakes & decorated in room. Bought balloons, presents that were returned - rewrapped. Were going to go to her daycare (OBJECTION) - what was your plan. Was to go into daycare & say SURPRISE! HAPPY B/DAY - good day, person in charge wasn't there that day, so they were able to get in & go to her classroom. Was afraidd the person in charge would prevent them from seeing Cassidy because - wasn't thinking, but in hindsight, once there, teacher welcomed them in, but there was "buzz" who they were, etc.

Viennagirl
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I followed Cooper too and to tell you the truth, I was surprised they convicted him. I mean, I believe he did it, but I was surprised.

IMO,
Lilismom

Agreed. I crossed toes and fingers and prayed. LOL!

Sun.
02-10-2012, 11:02 AM
The heat pump/insurance thing doesn't need to be hounded on- both Jason and Michelle were privy to the TOS for those sorts of insurance plans so it's hard to cast him in a bad light because of it without doing the same to her. The fact that he allowed his wife and child to sit in a cold house while he was off banging michelle money- that's bad.

I agree. It casts them both in a bad light. And, knowing about their marriage by the magistrate, it makes it appear that it's not the first time they engaged in this type of questionable behavior in regards to money issues. The affair is a whole 'nuther issue.

Shotzie
02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Yep. That is the trial that brought me to the boards.

RIP Brown Eyed Girl and baby boy.

IMO,
Lilismom

Me too Lilsmom..I watched OJ at work daily,(wasn't on the net at that time) but Scott;'s Was so more intense with sweet Laci...and got hooked on IS..

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:05 AM

Just wanted to throw my two cents in here, I was surprised that there were no objections about hearsay on some of the testimony as well. But from what I can remember of the testimony things they are testifying to have been said directly to them, so I don't know how that would be considered hearsay. Defense also could be overconfident since it was a mistrial the first time.

Were there hearsay objections in the first trial?

enigma™
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
2008 - not sure, but Mother's Day was coming up & went back to daycare & the teacher was having a spa day where kids were applying makeup on mom's. Cassie was loving that!

In 2008 - was there a time you were in Brevard visiting & you had discussion w/Pat about visitation? YES - we were @ a hotel lobby where we could see Cass for 2 hour period. Pat came w/some papers - copies of papers & was telling Linda slayer wanted them to retract statements from "Newsday" in Long Island. It wasn't her statement - her cuz Caroline made the statement. Linda told Pat she didn't make the statement. Another time the meeting took place @ Pat's house - there was a bit of a confrontation there. Describe!

I got loud, was disagreeing w/a comment about slayer having an affair & they said you don't know that, & I said YES I DO - meredith calmed everything down & continued the convo w/another person there who told her if we didn't stand up for slayer publicly, then visitation would stop.

Any response to that? I tried to be quiet because Meredith was doing a better job.

R P D
Some girl.....jeanne goins dulworth

Simba
Sounds like this whole Young family likes to make threats.

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:09 AM

He called somebody the night before his wife was murdered?

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 11:10 AM

the guy called him a few hours before she was murdered.

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM

IIRC he called a friend of his that sold this type of policy.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
We were cut off from seeing Cassidy.

He never went to talk to LE w/or w/out his atty. When they asked her to stand up for him, she said he needed to go talk to detectives w/her atty. This is when Linda & Meredith decided to get a formal agreement for visitation - contacted a family atty. Wanted to get times written out to see Cassidy, either go to Brevard, or meet half way to see her. Wanted specific dates. Atty wrote to slayer about the request. Around 9/10/2008, another letter was written to a diff family atty repping the slayer w/a proposal.

Any response to proposal? He was not willing to sign something w/specific dates @ that time. What did you decide to do about that? We filed a lawsuit in 12/2008.

Negotions followed? YES. Still about visitation? yes, pretty much, wanted to arrange a schedule so we could visit w/Cassidy. Turned into a schedule that gradually turned Cass over to Meredith w/stipulations. (getting into specifics of the transportation for drop-offs).

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Meredith having to change her lifestyle in order to get Cassidy is another sign of JY's controlling personality!

Debb
Just wanted to throw my two cents in here, I was surprised that there were no objections about hearsay on some of the testimony as well. But from what I can remember of the testimony things they are testifying to have been said directly to them, so I don't know how that would be considered hearsay. Defense also could be overconfident since it was a mistrial the first time.

Were there hearsay objections in the first trial?

Even though they were comments made to the witness, if they were made out of court, then it's still hearsay. Of course, maybe the state is contending that they are not being offered to prove the truth of the matter asserted. Still, i think the defense must have some reason to go that route.

Tia*
This is good stuff! Thanks to all who are posting. I can't watch at work.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Meredith having to change her lifestyle in order to get Cassidy is another sign of JY's controlling personality!

Right and remember....NO SMOKING!

IMO,
Lilismom

enigma™
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Full transition to MEredith to be completed by fall '09 when Cassidy started kindergarten. It was a progression.

You aware when custody papers filed, talked to atty about that & what was involved? YES.

Knew depositions would be involved. Psych eval requested of slayer - became aware thru lawyer that allegations are made, responses to allegations made - this proposal you were shown, what would happen to psych eval or depos? Would not happen, Cassidy would be handed over w/out him having to speak. Became court order that was signed. Went into effect in Feb & by fall '09, Cassidy was in full custody of Meredith.

BREAK!

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Right and remember....NO SMOKING!

IMO,
Lilismom

Yes, let's hope that little ditty in his control freaking mind is something that will help hang him.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Break reading....

Wrongful Death Ruling

http://www.wral.com/news/local/document/4088144/

Custody Order

http://www.wral.com/news/local/document/4487955/

IMO,
Lilismom

Kindee
02-10-2012, 11:21 AM

makes me sick...especially in light of HIS known naked drunken pee episodes...

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I agree. It casts them both in a bad light. And, knowing about their marriage by the magistrate, it makes it appear that it's not the first time they engaged in this type of questionable behavior in regards to money issues. The affair is a whole 'nuther issue.

I haven't heard any testimony that Michelle was aware of Jay talking to someone about a home warranty.

and lots of couples get married in a civil service when they are expecting and want the child to be born into wedlock - I don't see where this is anything but honorable.

as far as the home warranty, he never did purchase it - my theory is because he knew no one would soon be living in the house.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 11:22 AM
thanks to all transcribing and posting links!

:)

Barbara2
02-10-2012, 11:22 AM
In regards to the issue of hearsay. I haven't heard it this time but in the past the judge would explain that the things being reported that Michelle said or Jason said or his mother said are not for the truth of the matter but to show state of mind of the victim. I don't know that it's the exact wording but it is something like that.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 11:23 AM

An old college buddy's mother sold home warranty insurance - one those things were you pay a premium & it covers major appliances. Somehow in a conversation with JY it came up, so JY asked him to check with his mom about it. The friend called him when he was in Hillsville to tell him what his mom said.

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
An old college buddy's mother sold home warranty insurance - one those things were you pay a premium & it covers major appliances. Somehow in a conversation with JY it came up, so JY asked him to check with his mom about it. The friend called him when he was in Hillsville to tell him what his mom said.

Thx for clearing that up Thrace!

Barbara2
I haven't heard any testimony that Michelle was aware of Jay talking to someone about a home warranty.

and lots of couples get married in a civil service when they are expecting and want the child to be born into wedlock - I don't see where this is anything but honorable.

as far as the home warranty, he never did purchase it - my theory is because he knew no one would soon be living in the house.

My husband and I got married in a civil ceremony. (Not because I was pregnant.) Seven years later on our anniversary we had a wedding.

Thrace

It came out in Meredith's or Shelly's testimony that she was aware. Then now Linda said the same thing.

Talina
02-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know how soon WRAL posts video from the current day?

TIA

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know how soon WRAL posts video from the current day?

TIA

Grace's was up by lunch yesterday.

IMO,
Lilismom

protectkidz
It came out in Meredith's or Shelly's testimony that she was aware. Then now Linda said the same thing.

thanks, Thrace - my apologies Sun!

btw, I wonder if Jay had to replace that heat pump before listing the house...

Thrace

Michelle was insured thru PE, since she had no break in coverage there is nothing shady or illegal about her being added to his insurance after they married.

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Whoa..Im getting Test Pattern..Are they in recess ?? I was watching wral link

JodiR
02-10-2012, 11:32 AM
I have a question about Cassidy and her bloody footprints..

The theory is that Jason cleaned up Cassidy before he left to go back to the hotel? What time did Meredith arrive at the house? If Cassidy got in the blood once, what would Jason think she wouldn't do it a second time?

I guess I am confused on how Cassidy stayed clean after Jason left.

Talina
02-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Whoa..Im getting Test Pattern..Are they in recess ?? I was watching wral link

They're on the morning break. Should be back pretty quick. It's been a few minutes already.

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
They're on the morning break. Should be back pretty quick. It's been a few minutes already.

Awwe Thankyou Talina..I must have missed that :o

Kindee
02-10-2012, 11:35 AM

The theory is that Jason cleaned up Cassidy before he left to go back to the hotel? What time did Meredith arrive at the house? If Cassidy got in the blood once, what would Jason think she wouldn't do it a second time?

imo he drugged the hell out of her

Sun.
The issues of custody of Cassidy, and testimony surrounding this, isn't really addiing to my building of the puzzle. It's not showing me that Jason killed Michelle. And, this witness has not left with me with the impression that Jason is any sort of a violent person. But, I do get the impression that he's lazy, immature, a partier, not romantic towards Michelle, not supportive of Michelle's wishes in regards to children, and not a fan of his MIL. And, that he's not the type of man that Linda wanted her daughter to marry in the first place.

Buying the rings online..... I need to think about this a little more, especially in regards to the paperwork for the leather Coach purse and him sending Meridith to the home to get that paperwork before Michelle could find it.

Please don't throw rocks.... I don't yet know the details of the case, and has only heard the testimony from the trial this week.

Simba
Getting back to this juror who just got up and left in the middle of testimony, WTF, was this person not raised with manners or common sense, would this person just walk away from somebody who was in the middle of a conversation with them. And didn't the Judge instruct them on if they felt they needed a break to let him know or if they were having a hard time hearing to also let him know? I know I had a hard time hearing the lawyers at times but I would have never dreamed that anybody in the court room was having a hard time hearing them.

I'm seriously worried about this jury now, if you are there sitting as a juror and you know your job is to "listen" to testimony, common sense says let somebody know you can't hear! And where were the lawyers and the Judge, they should be tuned into the jury IMO, I'm sure there was some body language going on in the jury box that would have given them the idea that some were having a hard time hearing. And usually if somebody is uncomfortable they will start moving around in their seats.

What testimony was going on at the time, anybody know, was this during autopsy photos?

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Anybody know who that blonde lady was that just passed in front of the camera I saw her yesterday leave after the witness from the gas station was done her testimony?

Now I am having a hard time hearing this lawyer, is the jury having a hard time too?

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 11:38 AM

BBM
There has been discussion that Cassey had been drugged..to make her sleep, but so far testimony hasnt confirmed this yet...Tylenol Blast ( Extra Strength Tylenol Liquid was found in Carry's room with feeding syringe still with contents in it)..so maybe that would explain it.

aggie c
02-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Several jurors look bored. Holt should be doing this.

:scared:
BORED?

Talina
02-10-2012, 11:42 AM
No cross from defense?

Did they do cross on Linda in the first trial?

enigma™
Chores? Basically they split household chores. Arguments because they didn't do them @ the same time so they could sit & enjoy a clean home. That is all.

Linda is dismissed. (missed the first part after back from break)

Jennifer Powers next to testify.

Thrace
no cross this time. new witness to case.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
No cross from defense?

Did they do cross on Linda in the first trial?

Yes.

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
My husband and I got married in a civil ceremony. (Not because I was pregnant.) Seven years later on our anniversary we had a wedding.

I don't have a problem with them having a civil ceremony and then a bigger wedding, I do have a problem with a rubber band being used as a wedding ring. You can purchase a cheap band anywhere, if they couldn't even afford to buy one IMO they shouldn't have been getting married, baby on the way or not.

And if it was because JY was too cheap to buy one and didn't care enough about her to make sure she had one, then they definitely shouldn't have gotten married. JMO.

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 11:44 AM
This witness sat with Meredith and Linda yesterday afternoon.

Debb
BBM
There has been discussion that Cassey had been drugged..to make her sleep, but so far testimony hasnt confirmed this yet...Tylenol Blast ( Extra Strength Tylenol Liquid was found in Carry's room with feeding syringe still with contents in it)..so maybe that would explain it.

But, weren't there two unidentified fingerprints on the bottle?

Simba
Hmmm, no questions from the defense. Wise move IMO

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 11:46 AM
The issues of custody of Cassidy, and testimony surrounding this, isn't really addiing to my building of the puzzle. It's not showing me that Jason killed Michelle. And, this witness has not left with me with the impression that Jason is any sort of a violent person. But, I do get the impression that he's lazy, immature, a partier, not romantic towards Michelle, not supportive of Michelle's wishes in regards to children, and not a fan of his MIL. And, that he's not the type of man that Linda wanted her daughter to marry in the first place.

Buying the rings online..... I need to think about this a little more, especially in regards to the paperwork for the leather Coach purse and him sending Meridith to the home to get that paperwork before Michelle could find it.

Please don't throw rocks.... I don't yet know the details of the case, and has only heard the testimony from the trial this week.

I think the significance of the custody is that he was not charged or in jail. Why give her up w/o ANY fight? The fight required him to sit for some questions. Questions he could not answer w/o incriminating himself. IMO.

He used the coach purse because he knew it was something that Michelle wanted or would want and that Meredith knew it. He used Meredith to get the printout hoping that she would run over there wanting to not spoil the surprise for her sister. Meredith having known full well the problems in that marriage, would want something nice for her sister and having been the go-between would want Jason to be able to do this ONE NICE THING for her. So, he figured she would go. Otherwise the out of town friends would have been the ones to arrive at the house and find Michelle, much later in the day.

IMO,
Lilismom

Talina
02-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Wow...I am really shocked that defense is not objecting to hearsay testimony with this witness. She just said that Michelle told her in a phone call, crying hysterically that she was pregnant, Jason was insisting on an abortion or he would resent her and the baby for the rest of their lives.

If that is not hearsay, I don't know what is and no objection by defense. Hmmm

j&k's grammy
02-10-2012, 11:48 AM

IMO,
Lilismom

Remember SS was interviewed the night of Michelle's death. I bet LE asked what MY was wearing and so it is not a case of her having had to remember minute details six years later. She will have read over her statements and previous testimony so as to refresh her memory.

Roux
02-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Anybody know who that blonde lady was that just passed in front of the camera I saw her yesterday leave after the witness from the gas station was done her testimony?

Now I am having a hard time hearing this lawyer, is the jury having a hard time too?

I saw her accompany Gracie yesterday and thought perhaps she was an employee of the prosecutor's office. Maybe something like a "witness liaison" person?

Debb
02-10-2012, 11:49 AM
What is even more surprising to me are all the leading questions by the state. It's really shocking. And not one objection........odd.

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
But, weren't there two unidentified fingerprints on the bottle?

Could be..I havent heard any forensic testimony yet..and likely missed the finger prints location ..I did not see 1st trial, and not all testimony's in this one...
But regardless, its the actual content of that red medicine thats important..and no one would believe Michelle drugged her..So I guess I cant say right now about results of prints on that bottle :confused:

enigma™
02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Close friend of Michelle's. Became friends @ age 15 - Grew up in Sayville -friends in HS. After HS & Michelle came to NC, continue contact? We did - while pursuing careers. Email & phone plus visits about 4 times a year. Usually holidays. Jen visited Michelle while in college, on Arrete, but never @ Birchleaf.

First met slayer when he first visited NY w/Michelle. They were dating. Visited in NYC w/HS girlfriends part of visits back to Sayville.

Got phone call from Michelle who was crying- keep secret forever - I'm pregnant & slayer wants her to abort baby or he would resent them BOTH the rest of their lives. Michelle couldn't understand this demand if they were to have a future together. They were living together @ the time. Jen knew they were living together. Knew about Ryan the roommate, and Ryan had to leave when Michelle moved in? Something like that. Michelle called another time - brief a couple days later & then a couple days after that another call, I'm ENGAGED & then no further discussion.

PIG I SAY!

Attended the wedding in October. Was Michelle telling she was pregnant? Don't believe so, Mom did, she did announce the pregnancy @ tailgate the next day.

After the wedding, you continue to have contact? Yes, saw each other several times a year - attended baby shower , she was bridesmaid in my wedding in 2004.

Can't recall being in presence of Linda & defendant.

Time when you recall 2005 summer - discussion of finances? YES - defendant, michelle, shane (her hubs) & Jen. Talked about "general pot" for household expenses, and private pots for one another. Something about gifts for either side from their personal pot. @ some point defendant gonna start new job.

Gambling - issue? YES - when in town for M's baby shower - M led her into office area & pulled up website, said she just found out he's gambling online. He said he's doing good & she didn't know what to do about it.

LadyHam
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Amen Sondra! But this exactly our problem. It seems these days juries want video and are just too lazy to figure it out? They tune out during the trial? No one is strong enough to stand up and said WAIT A MINUTE, let's go over all this again?

The pros. closing definitely needs to include what circumstantial evidence is and point out that MOST cases are built on circumstantial evidence.

IMO,
Lilismom

Bolding by me....

I also think that juries are throwing their common sense out the window and falling for all the BS and rhetoric that defense team's are throwing their way. (**cough** casey anthony **cough**)

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
No Smoking - there it is again.

Cigar my foot.

IMO,
Lilismom

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Interesting Michelle was a smoker but stopped because of JY.

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Did we figure out if yesterday a juror actually tried to leave the room or if the Judge was talking about a previous event? TIA

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Wow...I am really shocked that defense is not objecting to hearsay testimony with this witness. She just said that Michelle told her in a phone call, crying hysterically that she was pregnant, Jason was insisting on an abortion or he would resent her and the baby for the rest of their lives.

If that is not hearsay, I don't know what is and no objection by defense. Hmmm

My jaw dropped when I heard that, but not because I though it was hearsay :scared:

enigma™
02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Michelle & mom had very close relationship. Michelle ever smoke? When we first met @ teens - more a social smoker. Depending on the company. Would when other smokers around. Stopped smoking when she met slayer - he hated it & she never smoked again.

10/2006, aware Michelle was in NY - YES - she was in town for work & could stay to be there when Jen's baby was born.

You & M exchanged Emails - how you kept in touch? Yes had a system - Monday, talked about the weekend, ... by Friday asked about weekend plans.

Michelle share issues in her marriage? Yes, usually saved that for phone. Talked about fights, Cass what's going on in home.

10/2006 - get Email related to dispute w/slayer

She forwarded Email from him about holidays - lengthy one, discussing how he felt about upcoming holidays. Decided to talk on phone about it later in the eve. She ask your opinion often? Not unusual, just that it came via Email - usually a call when there were disputes.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Looking over forwarded Email - message from Michelle w/replies back & forth. Same as you recall it back then? Move to enter into evidence copies to Jury.

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:58 AM
I saw her accompany Gracie yesterday and thought perhaps she was an employee of the prosecutor's office. Maybe something like a "witness liaison" person?

Thanks, that is what I was thinking too, but wanted to make sure. Gracie, that was her name, just couldn't think of it when I was asking. Trying to listen to testimony and there are so many things going on in my brain at the same time. I'm glad today is Friday, I plan to listen to all of today's testimony again tomorrow because I know there is a lot I'm missing even though our alien friend is doing a superb job in transcribing :)

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Some Emails....

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/document/9746188/

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/document/9746188/

IMO,
Lilismom

Simba
02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
What is even more surprising to me are all the leading questions by the state. It's really shocking. And not one objection........odd.

They did object once.

Riley
02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
:bow: Enigma, thanks for the great job you're doing. I've been in and out today and it's been great seeing what I've missed.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Top of 1st page - says "welcome to my world fighting w/jason - he likes to hit below the belt" - YES... She called you later that night? Believe so.

bla bla bla - trying to get to the original message, michelle's then Jen's reply.

slayer message to Michelle - 10/4/2006 3:30 pm.

you'll have to read this @ another time, but basically he doesn't like Linda's involvement w/their family. Intimacy issues - YOUR FAULT - YOU SPIN - not his fault Linda would be home T-giving - she has other places to go. What about MEredith? Maybe she gets tired of your mom - dont' answer I know what it is. Imbalance in our relationship cuz Linda wants to spend time w/Cass... Considers Linda's visits EXTREME - too much time w/MIL. Don't like being seen as jerk, cuz you don't have the ballZ to stand up, or don't hold me very high. Blame my family for everything. .. 4-5 night visits are extreme.

call the wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhMbulance!

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
just walked in...who is this and what is she reading?????

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Wow, this is quite the email. :( My WRAL didn't kick up, I had to reboot after the break. What started this going?

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:03 PM
LOVE her inflection!

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Read up a bit - my posts explain.

Bex
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
This is horrible.. :( I bet that's hard for Michelle's mom to hear.. What a jerk!

Snowshuze
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
He was such a jerk to her. :(

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Apparently Meredith was working, so if they left Linda in Raleigh, she WOULD be alone. Wanted her family in mountains - just wanted everyone together for the holidays. He's making big stink.

He said/she said. all in print.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Read up a bit - my posts explain.

OMG, AWESOME!!!!

They are doing what I'd hoped, reading out his nasty, selfish emails!!!!!!

rock on, pros!!

LadyBlue
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
This is horrible.. :( I bet that's hard for Michelle's mom to hear.. What a jerk!

He was such a jerk to her. :(

Wow...he's a total assh*le :scared:

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
did she testify last time?

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
did she testify last time?

No she did not.

enigma™
Did Michelle call you? YES - any resolution? Just rehash of Email & replies. Deeeeeeep breath, Jen!

Discuss anniversary in 10/06? Not that I recall.

Funeral - attend? YES - no contact w/defendant @ that time. No contact since then, either.

mourningdove
This witness' reading of the email....she reads it well, such inflection.

Talina
Wow...that was some email from Jason to Michelle. Unbelievable that either spouse would have that view of a relative spending a few nights over Thanksgiving holiday. Particularly one that lives a lot distance away.

I wonder what the big deal was with him not wanting her mom to be at his family's house for Thanksgiving.

protectkidz
No she did not.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 12:10 PM
SUPERB witness!

enigma™
No question from D? wow!

Calling Kimball Sargent - the SHRINKOLOGIST! WHO KNEW!

protectkidz
Wow...that was some email from Jason to Michelle. Unbelievable that either spouse would have that view of a relative spending a few nights over Thanksgiving holiday. Particularly one that lives a lot distance away.

I wonder what the big deal was with him not wanting her mom to be at his family's house for Thanksgiving.

he didn't want LF there because he was having an affair with some whore down in Florida, one of his wife's sorority sisters.

my opinion.

Simba
Could be..I havent heard any forensic testimony yet..and likely missed the finger prints location ..I did not see 1st trial, and not all testimony's in this one...
But regardless, its the actual content of that red medicine thats important..and no one would believe Michelle drugged her..So I guess I cant say right now about results of prints on that bottle :confused:

I would like to know when this Tylenol was bought or was this something they had laying around the house? Looked like a pretty full bottle to me. Unidentified prints could be from when it was purchased, store clerk. If it was JY who bought it he could have used gloves to handle it.

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Here we go with the therapist.

protectkidz
No question from D? wow!

Calling Kimball Sargent - the SHRINKOLOGIST! WHO KNEW!

oh, praise God!!!!!

Talina
No cross again.

I wonder why.... :) Can you imagine trying to cross examine this witness. Definitely probably a wise move on defense part to not cross examine her. No telling what else she has to say about their lovely client.

Lilismom
Michelle's therapist. Here we go....

IMO,
Lilismom

janesdean
WOW therapist n notes !!

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
SUPERB witness!

She sure was! Bazinga!

IMO,
Lilismom

KatieLady
I noticed yesterday and today...the witnesses are sitting in the courtroom. Aren't they usually outside until they are called?

Scampi
Counselling? Did this woman testify in the first trial???

Talina
Did this current witness (psychologist) testify in the first trial?

mourningdove
So Michelle's counselor is testifying this time.

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Counselling? Did this woman testify in the first trial???

No she did not testify in the first trial.

protectkidz
no halfway this time, Michelle!!

Lilismom
WOW therapist n notes !!

I wonder why they are allowing it this time. Is there a statute on such things?

IMO,
Lilismom

Scampi
02-10-2012, 12:14 PM
No she did not testify in the first trial.

Thanks Go, she saw Michelle days before she was murdered too.

janesdean
I wonder why they are allowing it this time. Is there a statute on such things?

IMO,
Lilismom

Don't know, but this is GREAT

protectkidz
RPD is there, right?

he must be so happy!

mourningdove
She burst into tears upon discovering the therapist couldn't see her that day. :( So shortly before her death? I missed the date.

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
This witness' reading of the email....she reads it well, such inflection.

Agree!

Snowshuze
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaawww she cried the entire session. That bastard. She thought she had to fix HERSELF.

enigma™
Occupation - nurse psychotherapist - (training for indiv & group counseling & couples).

10/2006 - meet Michelle? YES
Why - what circumstances? Provided EAP for PE. M wanted some counseling, she was the referred source.

Offices in Wake Cty? Yes.

Come a time when you met MY? YES - set an appt for the 19th, showed up on 18th - wrote it down wrong - had to reschedule - BURST INTO TEARS when she couldn't squeeze her in. Changed to 10/27. You know why she was there? NO. Found out on 27th. KS was late for Appt - rain, meeting @ a school w/a child, so she was late.

What was the meeting like. She immediately started crying & did thruout the whole session. She was there to get her life & self straightened out. Was pregnant - had conflicted relationship w/hubs. Wanted to fix herself & make things better. Had her fill out a form in her chart that described issues they were having. Saw it as speaking to her - 1 pg. form. (approach)

LadyHam
02-10-2012, 12:16 PM

:eek:

This jury is giving me the same vibes as the casey anthony jury. Is the judge in this case coddling the jury the way that Judge Perry coddled the casey anthony jury? That jury sure felt entitled....:rolleyes:

protectkidz
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaawww she cried the entire session. That bastard. She thought she had to fix HERSELF.

he is such a classic textbook abuser.

poor sweet girl. she was so close to escape.

KatieLady
just breaks your heart :(

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:17 PM
:eek:

This jury is giving me the same vibes as the casey anthony jury. Is the judge in this case coddling the jury the way that Judge Perry coddled the casey anthony jury? That jury sure felt entitled....:rolleyes:

I've only watched for a couple of days but not seeing anything like that with this judge/jury.

I'll have to look closer.

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 12:17 PM
the attorneys need mics they can walk around with!

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Much like Nancy Cooper. What a tragedy, almost there, but never making it. :(

Sea Saw
no halfway this time, Michelle!!

I was thinking the exact same thing... this is what SHOULD have happened the first time!

Simba
Why in the hell didn't they have all these (new) people the first time, I don't understand :confused:

janesdean
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
exactly what i was thinking, omg, poor michelle.. tht creep told her he wouldn't even think of going to counseling for their problems til SHE FIXED HERSELF> makes me sick, he ws never working on their marriage, he was ruining it and didn't give a shit

Shotzie
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Wow..the therapist is telling this? I thought t
this is privilaged

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Why in the hell didn't they have all these (new) people the first time, I don't understand :confused:

The judge wanted the first trial to 'move along', and not turn into the Cooper trial that had just ended. :(

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I hope he gets lots of sex in prison.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
this is privilaged

There must be a statute issue after the death. It has been 6 years now. :(

IMO,
Lilismom

Snowshuze
This testimony is making me feel ill. :(

jusdafacts

LOL

Talina
Oh my. She was sexually assaulted in college and felt like when she had sex with JY that she was being assaulted.

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:22 PM

And I think he knew it and he wasn't going to let that happen.

mourningdove
I hadn't heard about her assault before. I do recall hearing Jason speak of 'her hang-ups' with sex. :(

protectkidz
Oh my. She was sexually assaulted in college and felt like when she had sex with JY that she was being assaulted.

I can see that.

He was probably shitty in bed and thought he was a real stud.

Simba
It sounds like Michelle was trying so hard to make this marriage work and this bastard could care less.

Talina
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
this is privilaged

Privilege can be waived by family member. I suspect with Jason being charged with her murder, her mother was deemed to be the person that could waive privilege.

IMO

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
And I think he knew it and he wasn't going to let that happen.

yes, he didn't want to divorce. he wanted no ex-wife to have to deal with.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:24 PM
no, Michelle. Jason spent the money on gambling and whores.

it wasn't because of you or Cassidy.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Discussing the form Michelle filled out.

Michelle checked off LONELINESS, SEX PROBLEMS, STRESS, UNHAPPINESS & MARRIAGE.

She related she was stressed w/the marriage - was a big fight that morning. Had been to counseling w/hubs before in 2004, but things were bad again. He resisted this time around, felt they were HER PROBLEMS, she was anxious that she was pregnant & the marriage was in real trouble. POOR MICHELLE - she had issues w/his drinking, getting drunk, stay in lot during game - would go home & would fight. Had chores, he would do his @ end of weekend, ...

Intimacy? - YES - he was always complaining - didn't have sex enough & not as much as those w/out children. 1ce a week wasn't enough. This was the problem that very morning. he wanted it - didn't get it I suppose.

She was feeling inadequate. She had been sexually assaulted while in college. when she had sex w/slayer - SHE FELT LIKE WAS FORCING HIMSELF ON HER. UGH WHAT A PIG!

No romance, no love - his approach to sex made her feel the same as when she was assaulted. W/other b/friends, was NEVER THAT WAY - only w/her husband. UGH. I am SICK about this!

Talking about a wedding they attended - HE LEFT HER!

Family stufF? Issue - she wanted to get babysitter & do things as a couple. She had to do it all - he wasn't real interested. He wanted to be w/his friends. He liked doing things w/Cassidy but not necessarily as a couple or family. Communication was VERY BAD @ this point - talking thru Emails @ this point.

Info you received was in 1 visit - you ask questions or she just talk? I let her go because she was so emotional. Let her cry it out & gave support - had to let her get the sadness out.

Financial issues? LOTS of fights about $$$ . not as much as other couples - they had child & couldn't do things other couples w/out kids could do.

About the intimacy issues - what she say about his - talking to other people about it. She appeared private - He told the WORLD in a BLAMING WAY & it was very hurtful to her.

Riley
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM

:funslap:

janesdean
02-10-2012, 12:26 PM
This guy is such a pos, I can't believe the crap she was taking from him.
And all along he was sleeping w/her friends, and anyone else he could.
Couldn't romance her, show her any love or caring.
I Hate This Bastard
Only to end it with killing her
She'd been assaulted, and she felt he was assaulting her when they had sex.,
what guy that loves his wife would make their sex life like the nitemare the wife had already been thru (raped in college) like an assault ?

He is a cruel, heartless bastard and SICK SICK SICK
This jury better see what is going on here, I hope they have a freakin brain cell functioning
This guy is mentally ill.

gorealtors
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM

Thing of it is, it will be the polar opposite of what he likes.:funslap:

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
KS talked about a focus plan of some sort due to Michelle being so stressed.

Notes about your discussion w/Michelle? Yes, in my briefcase. (crickets)

Handed KS her notes about the session. (Judge looking over the notes first & calls a sidebar.)

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
this is privilaged

Medical records are privileged but I think they can be subpenaed as well as the doctor.

Sea Saw
02-10-2012, 12:30 PM
This guy is such a pos, I can't believe the crap she was taking from him.
And all along he was sleeping w/her friends, and anyone else he could.
Couldn't romance her, show her any love or caring.
I Hate This Bastard
Only to end it with killing her
She'd been assaulted, and she felt he was assaulting her when they had sex.,
what guy that loves his wife would make their sex life like the nitemare the wife had already been thru (raped in college) like an assault ?

He is a cruel, heartless bastard and SICK SICK SICK
This jury better see what is going on here, I hope they have a freakin brain cell functioning
This guy is mentally ill.

I didn't think it was possible for me to despise Jason any more than I already did, but ohhhhhhh I do.

Talina
The defense has woken up from their nap and has asked to be heard on an objection.

Barbara2
Must be something very damaging in those notes for the defense to be so desperate to keep them out.

janesdean
I cannot understand why this was not brought in the first time, in the sw it said this judge right here spoke with this therapist, found out what Michelle was seeing her about, and determined the therapist needed to be brought into the trial. BECAUSE Michelle was murdered, and the therapist notes were very pertinent to that fact. Then they never introduced this after all.
I am dumbstruck

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 12:31 PM
WOW..This testimony is powerful!! Its like Michelle is finally getting to speak out about what hell she was put thru by the jerk!! Its also about time a jury gets to hear from Michelle thru this witness exactly what kind of man this defendent really is!!!

:(:(

enigma™
Sending jury out - admonishing them not to form opinions.. etc - will call back in shortly.

protectkidz
ok, i think he will rule they can be entered.

what say you guys?

crimebuff
Break reading....

Wrongful Death Ruling

http://www.wral.com/news/local/document/4088144/

Custody Order

http://www.wral.com/news/local/document/4487955/

IMO,
Lilismom
why wasn't there a big money judgement in the civil case? Why didn't they also sue for money??

Thrace
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Medical records are privileged but I think they can be subpenaed as well as the doctor.

They were not too long after MY died. They were read in camera with the Judge and anything pertaining to the murder was to be given to the DA, IIRC.

StickyBeak
Michelle speaking from her grave.....

protectkidz
The defense has woken up from their nap and has asked to be heard on an objection.

:D

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:33 PM
why wasn't there a big money judgement in the civil case? Why didn't they also sue for money??

Michelle's mom was awarded millions from the slayer.

and Cassidy gets the life insurance money.

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:33 PM
The judge wanted the first trial to 'move along', and not turn into the Cooper trial that had just ended. :(

Well, he keeps going down notches with me as this trial goes on. So what would have happened if this trial was before the Cooper trial, that trial would have been short-changed! This "moving along" and worrying about how much it's going to cost bullshit has got to stop with all these cases!

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I think the judge, first time around, thought it was such an open & shut case he didn't need to allow in all the extra material. He's learned his lesson and is now allowing in all the evidence. JMO

Thrace
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
everything was MY's fault - wait till they see his past testimony, how he describes his dead wife and nothing is totally his fault.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM
past counselor -anger issues, no shocker there.

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

So sad :sad:

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
one sentence is all they want redacted...hearsay.

hmmm. I don't know - if Michelle was there during the sessions of marriage counseling with Jay, and this was discussed during those sessions - why would it be hearsay?

I say no redaction.

Lyndyloo
Objection is about one paragraph that states "other therapists have reported Jason had anger issues"..and want it struck..

Hummmmmm

Gurlmom
YEAH Judge Stephens!!! Don't back down now

Talina
02-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Who is the other therapist that is being quoted in these medical records?

enigma™
Objections by D - another therapist said slayer had anger issues - it's HEARSAY - there it is. wants stricken from what's given to jury, otherwise no objections to the exhibit being entered.

RPD - WHAT IS THE JURY DOING DURING THIS TESTIMONY?

I need to know these things.

Judge - jury could infer from other stuff, he had anger issues.

Klink - they can infer it, but to read "many anger issues" how they manifested themselves.

Judge - objection noted & OVERRULED!

protectkidz
well, Jay is certainly free to defend himself against that if he chooses.

janesdean

This judge ruled these notes/and therapist were more important to the case, and that the confidentiality clause was to be broken. Then when the first trial was held, there was no mention of any of it. So much was left out of the first trial, that we saw in search warrants, it was unbelievable.
That trial was a joke as far as I'm concerned. No wonder the jury was 8- 4
They saw hardly any of the real evidence in this case, we have seen more evidence in 4 days, than the entire first trial (which only had 7 days or so of testimony/witnesses)
Oh the defense is gonna be doing anything and everything to keep this out
BUT~ jury has heard enuf to see what kind of marriage Michelle had.
Where was the friends and family of Michelle during her nitemare of a marriage. I can see just from what little we've been shown so far what the hell was going on in her marriage

overuled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES !!
F off KLINKO and Jason Young

Kindee
everything was MY's fault - wait till they see his past testimony, how he describes his dead wife and nothing is totally his fault.

IF he does not take the stand this time can they use his testimony from the first trial? I know this exact thing happened with Rabbi Neulander and they were allowed to show his original courtroom footage.

Barbara2
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm thinking in the first trial that they believed they had a solid case without bringing in things that they felt might embarrass Linda and/or Michelle.

Scampi
Michelle speaking from her grave.....

Exactly right, Beak!

protectkidz
he wants to let it in...let it in!!!!!!

Lyndyloo
This was not stated to this witness by other therapists..but it was stated by Michelle to this therapists.

Please dont disallow Michelle's words Mr. Judge!!

StickyBeak
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Jason had "Many" Anger Issues... Wow I hope this guy is in lock up! Hide the gas cans.

protectkidz
YES!!!!!!!!!

KatieLady
Yay! it is in with instructions...

Simba
I hadn't heard about her assault before. I do recall hearing Jason speak of 'her hang-ups' with sex. :(

Maybe this is where he was coming from when he says she needs to be fixed and since he obviously had no hangups about sex, felt he was fine. Doesn't make it right, because ultimately it is both their problems and if he truly loved her he would have gone to counseling, actually, he didn't even have to go to counseling all he would have had to do was LISTEN to Michelle and be sensitive her.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Pros. wants to "cure that" Judge talks to shrinkologist (you know - the one who wouldn't EVER be seen or heard from)

Judge - did Michelle feel slayer had anger issues?

KS - yes

Judge - will give an instruction to jury, but it stays. Give it whatever relevance to deceased's state of mind.

Will come in in entirety - objection OVERRULED!

Thrace
IF he does not take the stand this time can they use his testimony from the first trial? I know this exact thing happened with Rabbi Neulander and they were allowed to show his original courtroom footage.

Yes, it's coming in. Prosecutor promised it in opening.

protectkidz
Jason had "Many" Anger Issues... Wow I hope this guy is in lock up! Hide the gas cans.

he's out on $900,000 bond and has had visitation with his little girl.

hopefully for not much longer...

Scampi
That's right Judge, let it all come in and the jury will decide!

Talina
these melting faces on the WRAL video is just outright hilarious at times..I catch myself making faces back at them....DH is going to have me committed soon, I'm afraid.

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Thing of it is, it will be the polar opposite of what he likes.:funslap:

I think the jury is still out on that :funslap:

janesdean
Maybe this is where he was coming from when he says she needs to be fixed and since he obviously had no hangups about sex, felt he was fine. Doesn't make it right, because ultimately it is both their problems and if he truly loved her he would have gone to counseling, actually, he didn't even have to go to counseling all he would have had to do was LISTEN to Michelle and be sensitive her.

And not make sex with him feel like a RAPE !!!!!!!!

KatieLady
these melting faces on the WRAL video is just outright hilarious at times..I catch myself making faces back at them....DH is going to have me committed soon, I'm afraid.
LOL

crimebuff
well, Jay is certainly free to defend himself against that if he chooses.

Is he in custody or out on bail? Thanks.

protectkidz
you're going DOWN, slayer!!

Swabby
Pros. wants to "cure that" Judge talks to shrinkologist (you know - the one who wouldn't EVER be seen or heard from)

Judge - did Michelle feel slayer had anger issues?

KS - yes

Judge - will give an instruction to jury, but it stays. Give it whatever relevance to deceased's state of mind.

Will come in in entirety - objection OVERRULED!

Thank You very much for all your hard work. :wub:

Sounds like the other Dr. is on notice, according to Cummings. YES!

penguinlady!
02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Not sure if this has been addressed but I am amazed at the "fights" they had via email. Those fights sound like the emails that my brother and his ex-wife send back and forth. Maybe because my dh has worked for companies where personal emails are discouraged (NASA and DHS) but wow!

Now I do understand the length of emails between Michelle and her friend. My bff and myself have some emails/texts that I hope never see the light of day (or court!).

janesdean
Thank GOD this case was assigned to THIS JUDGE !

protectkidz
he's out on $900,000 bond and has had visitation with his little girl.

hopefully for not much longer...

Is he in custody or out on bail? Thanks.

was released on bail about a month after his first trial in June.

Kindee
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, it's coming in. Prosecutor promised it in opening.

thanks so much!

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
she never even realized that he is a sociopath :(

janesdean
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Remember those e-mails between Michelle Money and Jason, full of all this lovey-dove bull shit, Jason sounded like such a devoted lover (to Money)
and Michelle Young felt like she was going thru a rape when they had sex.
Not only was he a cheater, he was absolutely mentally, emotionally and sexually ABUSIVE to Michelle Young, then he killed her. After months and months, maybe years of abuse, he killed her.
He should be shot right here right now in the god dam courtroom

Simba

Isn't that the narcissistic MO. Everything is everybody else's fault and it's all about ME, ME, ME

protectkidz
she wants him to be in the real world for 10 seconds? (minutes?)

Snowshuze
I'm gonna be really surprised if he takes the stand this time.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Jury back - looking over beginning care plan.

How was this prepared? Has laptop when client is in office, takes notes that KS thinks is important. Sometimes complete sentences & sometimes not. Document is accurate reflection.

(going over her notes) - they fight over everything - have very diff personalities. Have 2 y/o, new baby due in March. Good parents, breakdown w/each other. He thinks it's HER fault, gets resentful... physical intimacy is lacking. Relationship looks good from outside. Wants to feel good - gets stressed when house isn't clean. When he's out of town it's clean. She tried to compliment him when he does things. NEver get babysitter to go out. That morning he wanted sex & she didn't have time.. She never had problems w/boyfriends before.

too fast reading this - M used to enjoy sex. Go on vacations & have fun. Everyone likes being around him - practical joker. She wants it to be over when it's over. Many told her she's a saint for putting up w/it. She's 29 - he's 32. Doesn't like making friends w/other couples. He wants to do things w/guys. Anniv - went out ... OK already went over this stuff. I quit for a bit.

protectkidz

I agree.

Lilismom
Man those were some good notes! Woo!

IMO,
Lilismom

janesdean
02-10-2012, 12:48 PM
This is the most heartbreaking case I have ever heard of. I have to wonder where the hell family and friends of this girl were all that time she endured this shit.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Jury back - looking over beginning care plan.

How was this prepared? Has laptop when client is in office, takes notes that KS thinks is important. Sometimes complete sentences & sometimes not. Document is accurate reflection.

(going over her notes) - they fight over everything - have very diff personalities. Have 2 y/o, new baby due in March. Good parents, breakdown w/each other. He thinks it's HER fault, gets resentful... physical intimacy is lacking. Relationship looks good from outside. Wants to feel good - gets stressed when house isn't clean. When he's out of town it's clean. She tried to compliment him when he does things. NEver get babysitter to go out. That morning he wanted sex & she didn't have time.. She never had problems w/boyfriends before.

too fast reading this - M used to enjoy sex. Go on vacations & have fun. Everyone likes being around him - practical joker. She wants it to be over when it's over. Many told her she's a saint for putting up w/it. She's 29 - he's 32. Doesn't like making friends w/other couples. He wants to do things w/guys. Anniv - went out ... OK already went over this stuff. I quit for a bit.

a lot of info from this witness - thanks enigma for getting it down for us!

janesdean
02-10-2012, 12:49 PM

I'm gonna be really surprised if he goes home from this courthouse at the end of this trial.

protectkidz
This is the most heartbreaking case I have ever heard of. I have to wonder where the hell family and friends of this girl were all that time she endured this shit.

he isolated her, jd.

typical abuse behavior.

KatieLady
They were there. Michelle wanted to make it work....nothing family or friends could have done.

Been there, done that....

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
TODAY is Michelle's day! :wub:

IMO,
Lilismom

janesdean
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
I cannot believe this evidence never made it to the first trial
God, it's so freaking sad.
Poor Michelle
Poor Cassidy

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:51 PM
TODAY is Michelle's day! :wub:

IMO,
Lilismom

it IS!

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Her assessment was that she was being verbally abused. That's been my assessment the whole time. Glad she got that in. Defense keeps trying to point out she was never "physically" abused. Mental can sometimes be worse than physical. Mentally you just get beaten, down and beaten down until you just feel defeated as we've heard through her mom's testimony.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
OK back to questioning.

Develop that plan? First homework was to figure out 2-3 years down the road, what do you want your life to look like. This was about HER. Assessment was she was being VERBALLY ABUSED - can't treat that in couple's therapy.

Based on that assessment, what transpired after that? Plan was to set appt to return. When she left, she forgot calendar & checkbook. She never came back.

You attempt to contact her? YES - my husband helps me - made repeated calls. I don't watch news - negative things have negative effect. Didn't realize she had been murdered. Hubs continued to call to get paid & another appt.

This homework - she was never able to share w/you? NO SIR.

DEFENSE - when someone comes in office, you try to make htem comfy? YES - want them to open up. Michelle did open up. Told her she was pregnant, was a planned pregnancy. She was emotional & opened up emotionally - never reported any PHYSICAL ABUSE.

KS steps down.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
with her eyes she is asking the pros to ask her if abused clients tell you the first visit about actual physical violence...

ask her...

Swabby
02-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm gonna be really surprised if he goes home from this courthouse at the end of this trial.

I will be surprised if he doesn't SKIP the town, county and United States. Leaving Mommie Dearest out on the street.

Simba
See, there the defense goes with the PHYSICAL ABUSE AGAIN!

Damn why didn't the prosecution counter with something like can't mental abuse be just as detrimental as physical abuse, just because you don't see any physical scars doesn't mean there isn't abuse! :dnaughty:

protectkidz
damn!!!!

is he going to recess for the day????

protectkidz
damn it!!!!!!

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Judge - scheduling can be difficult - trying to get this to you - TODAY we got ahead of ourselves - ran out of witnesses - we're done!

Class dismissed!

janesdean
It's just about all I can do not to comment to the poster WE HAVE ALL HAD TO ENDURE THESE LAST FIVE YRS and TO ALL THE CRAP THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ABOUT MICHELLE AND HER SISTER AND MOTHER by that poster. omg i gotta go take a run around the park or maybe 300x around the park bbl
so glad we all hung in all this time
Michelle Young is gonna see JUSTICE
I KNOW IT

Snowshuze
Whew. I'm a WRECK after that.
Judge is calling it a week.

Swabby
I LOVE to leave the jurors for the weekend with this witness!

protectkidz
excellent spot to end for the weekend, I suppose.

Talina
done for the day / week

Witness testimony finished earlier today than expected and no other witnesses ready to go before Monday.

(probably due to defense passing cross on several witnesses this morning IMO )

magenta
02-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Crap! I just got here!!!!:dnaughty:

protectkidz
It's just about all I can do not to comment to the poster WE HAVE ALL HAD TO ENDURE THESE LAST FIVE YRS and TO ALL THE CRAP THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ABOUT MICHELLE AND HER SISTER AND MOTHER by that poster. omg i gotta go take a run around the park or maybe 300x around the park bbl
so glad we all hung in all this time
Michelle Young is gonna see JUSTICE
I KNOW IT

and justice comes in lots of different ways, doesn't it?

Lilismom
it IS!

What a way to leave this jury for the weekend too. All they can think about now is how sad Michelle was, tortured even. Unhappy pregnant mother in a crumbling marriage with a scumbum for a husband that ended up beat to death in her own home.

IMO,
Lilismom

Bex
Bummer.. I was hoping that skanky, cheating, horrible friend and professional ice queen, MONEY would be testifying today... Darnit!

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
What a way to leave this jury for the weekend too. All they can think about now is how sad Michelle was, tortured even. Unhappy pregnant mother in a crumbling marriage with a scumbum for a husband that ended up beat to death in her own home.

IMO,
Lilismom

you are right.

and the anger sentence left in.

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Crap! I just got here!!!!:dnaughty:

What a day to miss too! WOW!!

I am sure the videos will be up fast. Very little cross of anybody.

IMO,
Lilismom

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 12:58 PM
not one jury member better screw up or I will blow a gasket!!! and I don't have many left!!

Simba
02-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Thank GOD this case was assigned to THIS JUDGE !

Why do you say that? I thought he sat on this case the first time around. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
magenta - search my posts for an overview of today's happenings - lots of good stuff. Hella day to miss!

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
All I can say is WOW! Great day for Michelle's ability to be HEARD! I do think Judge Stephens realizes he made a mistake last time around, attempting to limit the length of the trial so it wouldn't drag on as the Cooper case did. Words to that effect were made at the time. Now he is letting in everything that is relavant. Thank goodness.

protectkidz
Justice for Michelle, Rylan & Cassidy!

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/2007/11/14/2044551/youngvideo-400x300.jpg

Talina
O/T

This is posted on the WRAL trial video page at the top (putting it here for the locals on the forum)

Just In: Middle Creek High School, Middle Creek Elementary School, West Lake Middle School and West Lake Elementary School in Cary are locked down as a precaution after a masked man was seen in a nearby neighborhood.

Simba
02-10-2012, 01:01 PM
They were there. Michelle wanted to make it work....nothing family or friends could have done.

Been there, done that....

Agree, unfortunately.

penguinlady!
Oh well, I was waiting for their lunch to clean, now I have no excuse!

NCMom
I'm going to go back and see if I can pick out when that juror walked out. Anyone know whose testimony it was during?

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
... ""She was always peppy and alive and smiling. We would always have a lot of fun together," Linda Fisher told jurors in her former son-in-law's first-degree murder trial.

But on the last visit she had with her daughter at her home less than a month before the killing, that had changed.

"I distinctively remember that I was downstairs, and she had her head in my lap, and I was stroking her hair," Fisher said. "I just felt like she was totally void of life." ..."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10713679/

Barbara2
Interesting that the defense suddenly has no or very little cross examination of these witnesses. Do you suppose they realize that they have been helping the prosecutution with some of their questions and the answers they elicit? I'm thinking specifically of Meredith and Shelly.

juliekan
Oh well, I was waiting for their lunch to clean, now I have no excuse!

yep, dangit, now i gotta clean all afternoon :D

crimebuff
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree.
If he chooses not to take the stand, was it said that the Defense can play his testimoney from the first trial??I don't understand that, because then he can't be crossed on info from this trial.What's up with that?

Talina
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm going to go back and see if I can pick out when that juror walked out. Anyone know whose testimony it was during?

I'm waiting on the day's video to get put up so I can hear again exactly what the judge said. I still think he said it happened in a trial 5 or 6 yrs ago and was giving it as an example to them to please not wait til they get to that point to tell him they need a break. I could be totally wrong but that is what I think I heard.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM

i don't think that happened.

from what I understood while the judges was speaking to the jury, he was relating something that had happened years ago at another trial.

i think he was telling THIS jury to raise their hand if they need to go potty, basically.

enigma™
O/T

This is posted on the WRAL trial video page at the top (putting it here for the locals on the forum)

Just In: Middle Creek High School, Middle Creek Elementary School, West Lake Middle School and West Lake Elementary School in Cary are locked down as a precaution after a masked man was seen in a nearby neighborhood.

Probably RPD trying to escape the courthouse w/out being attacked by the people from the hills of Brevard. :funslap:

NCMom
Interesting that the defense suddenly has no or very little cross examination of these witnesses. Do you suppose they realize that they have been helping the prosecutution with some of their questions and the answers they elicit? I'm thinking specifically of Meredith and Shelly.

I think his defense team would be happy with another hung jury, banking on the State not wanting to try JY a third time. Basically, I think they're looking to convince just one juror, and putting in minimal effort and expense.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 01:05 PM
If he chooses not to take the stand, was it said that the Defense can play his testimoney from the first trial??I don't understand that, because then he can't be crossed on info from this trial.What's up with that?

I don't know, and doubt it for reasons that you stated.

plus, his first testimony was so FAKE and I think would appear that way to this jury.

Simba
Judge - scheduling can be difficult - trying to get this to you - TODAY we got ahead of ourselves - ran out of witnesses - we're done!

Class dismissed!

Thanks enigma, you really are the bestest! Now put your feet up and rest those little fingers of yours, or do aliens have long ones :funslap: :wub:

protectkidz
RPD, check in when you can!!

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 01:06 PM
WOW..That last little tid bit about Michelle NOT returning for visits and the fact this therapist was unaware she had been murdered..so called over and over to try and schedule followups (and get paid) were never returned..Hummmm >>>>>then the defense trys to make the point that Michelle had never been physically abused...I almost LOL Nope Jason made sure she could never report that..saved that type of abuse as his final Blow to this women, wife, mother of his daughter and unborn child!!

Jason is one typical pathological self absorbed jerk who isolate, demeans the person, ridicules in public, isolated from family and friends, and beats her down mentally!! BTW I lived this life for the first 8 years..and thankfully got OUT of it in one piece. Mental Abuse in some ways is far more damaging than many think. As some here have stated..physical is evidence of abuse, mental abuse goes too deep for public to see !!

Indeed this day was for Micheele and her voice has now been heard by the triers of facts..Lets HOPE and PRAY the listened!!!!!

enigma™
02-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm waiting on the day's video to get put up so I can hear again exactly what the judge said. I still think he said it happened in a trial 5 or 6 yrs ago and was giving it as an example to them to please not wait til they get to that point to tell him they need a break. I could be totally wrong but that is what I think I heard.

This is what I recall, as well. It did not happen with this jury.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks enigma, you really are the bestest! Now put your feet up and rest those little fingers of yours, or do aliens have long ones :funslap: :wub:

Thilly Thimba, we teletype! :laugh:

Fingers are fine, have back issues, so have to take stretch breaks @ the most inconvenient times.

close
02-10-2012, 01:13 PM
hey guys, I'm taking care of my 9 month old Granddaughter today, so I've only seen about 10 minutes of testimony of this last witness, on TV (InSession) & probably won't see much else. I'll catch up this evening! Just wanted to check in & give a shout out ....

Justice for Michelle !!

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Probably RPD trying to escape the courthouse w/out being attacked by the people from the hills of Brevard. :funslap:

No kidding!

:bus:

Simba
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I think his defense team would be happy with another hung jury, banking on the State not wanting to try JY a third time. Basically, I think they're looking to convince just one juror, and putting in minimal effort and expense.

I was thinking that too. Let's hope they fall flat on their face with that.

j&k's grammy
02-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Wow, what an awesome day this was for the Fishers. Michelle's life was far worse than was brought out in the last trial. I'm optimistic that we'll get a guilty verdict this time around.

Sun.
02-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm sure glad for time to re-listen and review this morning's testimony.

I'm forming impressions, and some of them are probably not what everyone here wants to hear. One impression, is that the prosecution is presenting a whole bunch of testimony that is biased, hearsay, and I'm struggling a bit with that at this point in the trial. I'm not too keen on the defense though, either.

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow, what an awesome day this was for the Fishers. Michelle's life was far worse than was brought out in the last trial. I'm optimistic that we'll get a guilty verdict this time around.

So true grammy. This time around all the evidence is coming in and let the chips fall where they may. I hope things work out, hope this jury is listening and will deliberate, and use their common sense and life's experiences to determine a verdict. :dnaughty:

enigma™
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm forming impressions, and some of them are probably not what everyone here wants to hear. One impression, is that the prosecution is presenting a whole bunch of testimony that is biased, hearsay, and I'm struggling a bit with that at this point in the trial. I'm not too keen on the defense though, either.

You seem to be over-analyzing things. If you really want to put yourself in the position of a juror, you would not be on a message board, would not be reviewing evidence, and would definitely not be discussing the case.

Take the afternoon off! Stop thinking about it - follow the judge's admonitions. :funslap:

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM

Help me out Sun. I thought hearsay was "Jane told Mary that Michelle said..." Not "Michelle told me...." Am I wrong?

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 01:37 PM

I thought in the Cooper trial that they paraded out too many "bad marriage" witnesses. I didn't think they did that in this trial last time and I don't think we are there yet this time. I think the email read into the record today by the friend speaks for itself. And knowing all we know about Jason, yea, I could see him saying "get an abortion". That by itself has probably been said by a lot of men but added with everything else here, it gives me some idea of his mentality going into the marriage and it only got worse.

I think the therapist notes read into the record today speak for themselves and, they were taken at the time, not written up afterwards, so that the therapist embellished etc.

I appreciate your observations thus far. Please hang in there!

IMO,
Lilismom

LadyHam
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM

But people that were not following the casey anthony case from the beginning might have gotten the same impression from her trial. I have just started following this case a few days ago, and I am sitting here scratching my head that the first trial ended in a mistrial.:confused: Didn't the jury use their common sense during their deliberations?

Sun.
02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
You seem to be over-analyzing things. If you really want to put yourself in the position of a juror, you would not be on a message board, would not be reviewing evidence, and would definitely not be discussing the case.

Take the afternoon off! Stop thinking about it - follow the judge's admonitions. :funslap:

I'm trying to get to the same mind-set of many of the posters here that I respect. So, if I have to over-analyze to do that, I'll do that work (it's great exercise for my mind). Luckily, this judge can't tell me what to do, because I'm not one of his jurors. :)

I'm only reviewing what has come in at trial, this trial. And, while I'm reading everyone's comments, I'm doing my best to not let any of the comments affect how I'm processing the witnesses testimony. It is hard. But, I'd rather read some of the fine postings, than not... so it is what it is. :D

Jeana
02-10-2012, 01:44 PM

You don't have to post only what you think the group wants to read. I'm wishing the prosecution would word things differently.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm trying to get to the same mind-set of many of the posters here that I respect. So, if I have to over-analyze to do that, I'll do that work (it's great exercise for my mind). Luckily, this judge can't tell me what to do, because I'm not one of his jurors. :)

I'm only reviewing what has come in at trial, this trial. And, while I'm reading everyone's comments, I'm doing my best to not let any of the comments affect how I'm processing the witnesses testimony. It is hard. But, I'd rather read some of the fine postings, than not... so it is what it is. :D

I was funnin' with you, but do believe you are over analyzing. annnnnnd delete the rest of that thought.

C__E
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Is court over for today? TIA

ETA- I see it has completed for the day! Darn..

Scampi
02-10-2012, 01:51 PM

Uh, oh........should Sunnie be kicked off the jury???? :laugh:

Hey Sun, don't listen to us just go by what you hear in the courtroom.

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Is court over for today? TIA

yes....they ran out of witnesses

enigma™
Uh, oh........should Sunnie be kicked of the jury???? :laugh:

She is doing just fine, I am prejudiced after following all these years. :D

C__E
yes....they ran out of witnesses

Thanks Katie.

enigma™
02-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks Katie.

You missed some good testimony this morning. Linda Fisher, and Michelle's therapist (I wonder if she ever got paid!).

Jeana
02-10-2012, 01:56 PM
You missed some good testimony this morning. Linda Fisher, and Michelle's therapist (I woder if she ever got paid!).

If anyone missed this morning, they'll reshow some of it on InSession.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 01:56 PM
here are released crime scene photos from Birchleaf Drive:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9727548/

and here is the photo of the doorknob that I thought had blood on it - confirmed during this trial it was Michelle's blood:

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/14/9727812/187329-OKcrimesceneState_Exhibit_1-21-640x426.jpg

i'm only bringing this up because I don't remember any confirmation on this before.

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 01:58 PM
You missed some good testimony this morning. Linda Fisher, and Michelle's therapist (I wonder if she ever got paid!).
I found it interesting that she is an RN...not a LMFT. I don't think here in Calif. you can be a counselor with only an RN

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 01:59 PM
http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/14/9727779/187321-OKcrimesceneState_Exhibit_1-31-640x426.jpglaundry basket with a red garment. she removed her red fleece and put on a white hoodie?

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/14/9727795/187336-OKcrimesceneState_Exhibit_1-28-640x426.jpg

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/14/9727791/187337-OKcrimesceneState_Exhibit_1-29-640x426.jpg

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/14/9727782/187320-OKcrimesceneState_Exhibit_1-30-640x426.jpg

StickyBeak
02-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Well, I did not follow first trial either, I am trying to piece testimony and evidence together as well. It is like "How many koinkydinks, can I guy get by with", but then I hear todays testimony and can't believe Michelle did not beat him in the head a long time ago or burn the bed. Wack Job. Will we hear from The Young side of the family? Will Mama (Dukes) Young throw Michelle under the bus? Will they bring in the therapist who stated JP had "many" anger issues. He may stink at being a husband but is he a Murderer? Can the jurors prove BARD. Glad we have a weekend break. So Sad.

juliekan
02-10-2012, 02:13 PM
I found it interesting that she is an RN...not a LMFT. I don't think here in Calif. you can be a counselor with only an RN

she has her masters degree and is also an advanced practice registered nurse. APRNs have much more expanded areas of practice that vary by state.

Sun.
02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
I was funnin' with you, but do believe you are over analyzing. annnnnnd delete the rest of that thought.

I knew you were, and I'm funning right back! At least I was smiling as I read your post, and responded!

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM

KatieLady, I seem to recall she is far more than Just an RN (at least from her list of credentials) She Has her Masters Degree in Nursing, and RN and Board Certified in Advanced Practice..Will await to see how they typed that up tho..As a Canadian..not sure of all the Initials after her name??..LOL So Country disabled :confused: But understood her listings of credentials that she is far more than just an RN.

Sun.
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Uh, oh........should Sunnie be kicked off the jury???? :laugh:

...chuckles.. Everyone here is crackling me up this afternoon! :laugh:

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 02:20 PM
she has her masters degree and is also an advanced practice registered nurse. APRNs have much more expanded areas of practice that vary by state.
Thanks Julie. I had no idea...

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 02:23 PM
KatieLady, I seem to recall she is far more than Just an RN (at least from her list of credentials) She Has her Masters Degree in Nursing, and RN and Board Certified in Advanced Practice..Will await to see how they typed that up tho..As a Canadian..not sure of all the Initials after her name??..LOL So Country disabled :confused: But understood her listings of credentials that she is far more than just an RN.
I was just going by what she said when asked what the "letters" after her name meant. From other posts here it seems it seems it differs from State to State. I believe in Calif she would have had to have a LMFT license to be a therapist. I always forget that it is different in different States.

magenta
02-10-2012, 02:36 PM
What a day to miss too! WOW!!

I am sure the videos will be up fast. Very little cross of anybody.

IMO,
Lilismom

Where do I find the videos?

magenta
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
magenta - search my posts for an overview of today's happenings - lots of good stuff. Hella day to miss!

Thanks Enigma, I was reading them! Good job!!!

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 02:38 PM

here's up til yesterday. don't know when they will have today's:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/asset_gallery/9636865/

magenta
02-10-2012, 02:43 PM
here's up til yesterday. don't know when they will have today's:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/asset_gallery/9636865/

THANK YOU!:dance:

Sun.
02-10-2012, 02:44 PM

I found yesterday's, but I don't think they've yet posted today's testimony. I'm waiting too.

Sun.
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Folks here have commented that Gracie's appearance changed from the first trial to this one. Can someone tell me in what ways? I'm curious.

dianah
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Is court over for today? Or are they on break?

Sun.
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM

It's over. They ran out of scheduled witnesses for the day.

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
over...they finished early...ran out of witnesses

dianah
02-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone for answering my quesations. I love it here!!!!:dance:

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
RPD when you get here I can't wait to hear who was in court on Jay's side!

crimeq
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Getting in late today and will read the thread from the beginning, but I would like to know if Klink represented Jason in his first trial. I watched the video of the autopsy presentation when the camera was on Jason and Klink, and Klink was VERY unnerved, obviously quite distraught, I thought. Had he not seen those photographs before?

TIA and now I'm off to the beginning of the thread.

Gurlmom
02-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Folks here have commented that Gracie's appearance changed from the first trial to this one. Can someone tell me in what ways? I'm curious.

Gracie had long hair and dressed casually when testifying the first time. This time it appeared she was dressed to be on TV, IMO....hair cut and styled, "church clothes" and accessories (earrings, necklace, etc.)

Gurlmom
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Getting in late today and will read the thread from the beginning, but I would like to know if Klink represented Jason in his first trial. I watched the video of the autopsy presentation when the camera was on Jason and Klink, and Klink was VERY unnerved, obviously quite distraught, I thought. Had he not seen those photographs before?

TIA and now I'm off to the beginning of the thread.

Yes, Klink was on the DT the first trial. As a member of the DT one would think he had already seen the autopsy photos....

Thrace
02-10-2012, 03:08 PM

http://www2.nbc17.com/mgmedia/image/0/0/146402/gracie-dahms/

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
first trial was in June, so maybe she was feeling more casual then?

Thrace
02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Well, I did not follow first trial either, I am trying to piece testimony and evidence together as well. It is like "How many koinkydinks, can I guy get by with", but then I hear todays testimony and can't believe Michelle did not beat him in the head a long time ago or burn the bed. Wack Job. Will we hear from The Young side of the family? Will Mama (Dukes) Young throw Michelle under the bus? Will they bring in the therapist who stated JP had "many" anger issues. He may stink at being a husband but is he a Murderer? Can the jurors prove BARD. Glad we have a weekend break. So Sad.

Last time she gushed over what an imp & jokester he was (one of the only times I saw him actually tear up). Produced a lot of happy photos and she described them.

crimeq
02-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, Klink was on the DT the first trial. As a member of the DT one would think he had already seen the autopsy photos....

Thanks -- he sure was bothered by them. I wonder if deep inside he has some feelings of ethics or at least dismay that he is representing someone like Jason who beat his pregnant wife to a pulp.

Thrace
But people that were not following the casey anthony case from the beginning might have gotten the same impression from her trial. I have just started following this case a few days ago, and I am sitting here scratching my head that the first trial ended in a mistrial.:confused: Didn't the jury use their common sense during their deliberations?

Some of these witnesses were not called in the first trial. The counselor & the friends on the stand yesterday & today weren't introduced in the first trial.

Peony
I thought we had it on asshole authority that the therapist's notes weren't coming in? /sarcasm off

Glad she got it out there what Michelle wasenduring from this DOUCHEBAG. but I am crying a bit thinking of her time with him. Makes me feel sad and sick.

Hang this mutherfudger!

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Help me out Sun. I thought hearsay was "Jane told Mary that Michelle said..." Not "Michelle told me...." Am I wrong?
No one answered so I am posting again. Am I wrong about this? Help me out with this hearsay stuff. Please! :heart:

Swabby

Betcha BIG BUCKS Jason didn't settle that tab.

Thrace
Ohhh and Lady Ham, Cassidy's comments were not in the first trial.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 03:19 PM
No one answered so I am posting again. Am I wrong about this? Help me out with this hearsay stuff. Please! :heart:

I don't know, but with the exception of Cassidy's comments, all of Shelly, Linda and Meredith's testimony were in the first trial.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Last time she gushed over what an imp & jokester he was (one of the only times I saw him actually tear up). Produced a lot of happy photos and she described them.

:puke:

Thanks -- he sure was bothered by them. I wonder if deep inside he has some feelings of ethics or at least dismay that he is representing someone like Jason who beat his pregnant wife to a pulp.

probably sick knowing the effect they will have on the jury.

I thought we had it on asshole authority that the therapist's notes weren't coming in? /sarcasm off

Glad she got it out there what Michelle wasenduring from this DOUCHEBAG. but I am crying a bit thinking of her time with him. Makes me feel sad and sick.

Hang this mutherfudger!

liar, liar, pants on fire!

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't know, but with the exception of Cassidy's comments, all of Shelly, Linda and Meredith's testimony were in the first trial.
Then I am really confused! Were hearsay then but not now? :aagh:

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 03:23 PM
waiting, waiting for RPD to report who was sitting behind good ole Jay...

Riley
02-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Magenta- Love your profile picture. Gorgeous dog.

Thrace
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Then I am really confused! Were hearsay then but not now? :aagh:

What I'm saying is the only thing that didn't come in were Cassidy's words during the 911 call. All the other testimony did come in - where MY told them this or that.

Swabby
02-10-2012, 03:26 PM

Hang this mutherfudger!

No wonder Jason didn't want Linda around. Linda had Jason figured out early in the game and pulled no punches.

As brilliant and accomplished as Michelle was, there are many people just like her, that don't want to either "fail" or be proven wrong.

Please understand, I AM NOT DISSING Michelle...only saying that a tad more "life experience" would have made her totally gun shy of Jason the prankster and she would have labeled him Jason the IDIOT.

Ducking and Running for cover.

Riley
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Betcha BIG BUCKS Jason didn't settle that tab.

You know he didn't! Couldn't afford it, was going to take a "hit" on the house. :violin:
Wonder what was the deal with the "big check" that the Brevardian idiot bragged he had. Rolling in dough was he...I think that's probably something he had to move from one retirement account to another, so it was not available?

Just realized a moment ago you have "Zippy" as your profile picture. Love it! He's adorable.

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 03:28 PM

When the victim in this case tells the witness something..then it is hearsay acceptable under the rules. Its not so much for the truth of the words, but the state of mind of the victim. So its admissable for this court case.

NOW if another therapist told her this..then it would be disallowed as "Hearsay"..so juror's would never hear it..

Hope that clarifies for ya Katie :D

protectkidz
I could say so much about what it feels like to fall in love with someone, quickly start your family, and then realize that the person you fell in love with is a total douchbag.

but I won't.

KatieLady
What I'm saying is the only thing that didn't come in were Cassidy's words during the 911 call. All the other testimony did come in - where MY told them this or that.
Oh! Thanks so much. I misunderstood!

Peony
No wonder Jason didn't want Linda around. Linda had Jason figured out early in the game and pulled no punches.

As brilliant and accomplished as Michelle was, there are many people just like her, that don't want to either "fail" or be proven wrong.

Please understand, I AM NOT DISSING Michelle...only saying that a tad more "life experience" would have made her totally gun shy of Jason the prankster and she would have labeled him Jason the IDIOT.

Ducking and Running for cover.

No need to duck and run, my friend - ITA!!

Sea Saw
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Hang this mutherfudger!

BBM

I feel the same way… sad, sick, heartbroken, angry.

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
When the victim in this case tells the witness something..then it is hearsay acceptable under the rules. Its not so much for the truth of the words, but the state of mind of the victim. So its admissable for this court case.

NOW if another therapist told her this..then it would be disallowed as "Hearsay"..so juror's would never hear it..

Hope that clarifies for ya Katie :D
Thanks Lyndy! That really does help! I thought that is how it worked but I had read some posters saying they were letting in hearsay so I was confused.

Peony
02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
And SUN -
I for one am totally appreciating your candor and fresh perspective. I don't always agree, but you certainly make me think.

That being said, although not perfect, I feel the PT is doing a much better and more thorough job this time around.

Over and over again, in the first trial, I kept thinking, "that's it???"

Thrace
02-10-2012, 03:35 PM
don't remember the exact wording but - him getting revenge and jokes or something. I immediately thought about CAS and the ring swallowing.

Lyndyloo
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks Lyndy! That really does help! I thought that is how it worked but I had read some posters saying they were letting in hearsay so I was confused.

YW ..and to follow that..This other therapist who said that to Michelle, can come into court and say that is what he said and why..and I think I heard DA Cummings say that this guy was on notice to appear..So we are possibly going to hear it confirmed.

IF not..The juror's are left to decide whether or not its a truth or not...I think it would be great if that therapist would come in to corroberate this and expound.. Confidentiality was apparantly waived as Michelle was part of this therapy with her husband..Lets hope for that anyway :dnaughty:

R P D
02-10-2012, 03:40 PM
The reason Michelle was seeing a therapist apparently had nothing to do with Jason, and I bet anything in the world that we will NOT hear from her this trial either.

Thanxxxxxxxx.

:blama:

Lilismom
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM

Did Shelly get in in the first trial that Ryan said "I hope he didn't do this"?

IMO,
Lilismom

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
YW ..and to follow that..This other therapist who said that to Michelle, can come into court and say that is what he said and why..and I think I heard DA Cummings say that this guy was on notice to appear..So we are possibly going to hear it confirmed.

IF not..The juror's are left to decide whether or not its a truth or not...I think it would be great if that therapist would come in to corroberate this and expound.. Confidentiality was apparantly waived as Michelle was part of this therapy with her husband..Lets hope for that anyway :dnaughty:
That would be awesome! Lets hope!!

KatieLady
02-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Thrace
02-10-2012, 03:44 PM

IMO,
Lilismom

Nope, nor that comment that was objected to about so many coincidences & one man.

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM

IMO,
Lilismom

I don't recall her saying that the first trial. Perhaps someone else did, but I don't remember it being said.

protectkidz
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Day 5 is up now, peeps!

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/asset_gallery/10712630/

eta: not complete yet.

mourningdove
02-10-2012, 03:46 PM

So RPD, did the Young's get hold of you and open up a whole big can O' Whup-Ass on ya? :dance: